1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Until
    Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and then what? You think God is actually going to undo His ONE new man and again have TWO?

If there is indeed a revival of the Jews, will they be grafted in to the Church of Christ or somewhere else?

Will there be a re-instatement of the old Mosaic system with us Gentiles in servitude to the Jews?

Are we as Christians obligated to give Israel after the flesh 'special treatment' and support them unconditionally while they remain in this state of unbelief?

Is God going to curse us if we don't?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Question?

Are they being replaced or are they, being born from above, fit for the kingdom of God?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will remain in the church (Gentiles and Jews) who were saved after Pentecost and before the end of the times of the Gentiles. After that:
    Read the Book of Zechariah

Just as a starter (howbeit in the middle):
    Zechariah 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
    2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
    3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
    4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

HankD

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the **PROOF** that God is NOT done with Israel and Judah is the FACT of the re-establishment of the Jewish sovereign nation, with Jerusalem as its capital. This did NOT happen by chance! Plus, the 144K sealed by God in the Revelation will all be Israelis. Plus, the New Jerusalem which will come down from heaven will have the names of the tribes of Israel on its gates.

Now, neither ancient Israel nor Judah was ever a great nation. But God promised they WILL be great some day. And we see Israel and Jerusalem playing prominent roles in yet-to-be-fulfilled prophecy. God specifically names them, so there's no mistaking them for anyone else.

And I believe God has made it clear that the Church includes people of all nations , tribes, and races.

Hebrews 8: 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

#45 robycop3, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you think the covenant- keeping God abandoned the Jews for sixty generations, when he only threatened the third and fourth generations. That would be the forty years of the wilderness and the time up to the A.D. 70 destruction.

And are the Israelis practicing the true Jewish faith as taught by Moses and the prophets?

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They can't there is no earthly Jerusalem Temple or viable Levitical priesthood.

Both are necessary.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The true Jewish faith called for love for God and man, justice and mercy, a humble walk with God. Deuteronomy 6:4-6 Leviticus 19:18 Micah 6:8

Temple worship and priests finished at Calvary.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why do you reference OT books above?

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See my post #46

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Covenanter - One of us is confused, it wouldn't surprise me if it were me, but
    You asked: (From post #46):
    Moses was the inspired human author of the Torah which requires the tabernacle/temple and the levitical priesthood.

Thus my answer.

That is why the Israelis today cannot practice the true Jewish faith, the temple was destroyed and the priest either slaughtered or taken into captivity in AD70 by Titus the Roman general and not restored to this very day.

Presumably the Torah teaches the true Jewish faith.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Patriarchs lived by faith before the Law was given. See Genesis and Hebrews 11.

The Babylonian captivity and destruction of the temple did not stop Daniel and friends living faithfully.

Messiah has come, has died for the redemption of his people, has proclaimed full and free forgiveness for repentant sinners. How should the Jews and Israelis live in the light of that glorious truth?

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah now I clearly see your question.

Yes by faith of course.:)

HankD

14. BillyShope

BillyShope Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    2Ch 19:2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.
    Consider all the lives which would be saved if only Trump and the other Zionists would heed this advice.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong dispensation!

:D

HankD

16. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly as we do once the spiritual blindness is removed.

17. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those ungodly were not spiritually blinded by God. The Jews for the past 2000 years are spiritually blinded by God. Do you believe you could recognize Jesus as the Christ if you were spiritually blinded by God? The lack of mercy is the glaring trait consistently exhibited down through history by Replacement Theologists.