1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured It accomplished that all shall Live !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

lol

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when is the remission of sin for us as sinners occur?

How can the blood of Christ wash and cleanse us from all sins BEFORE we receive that thru faith in him?

For we have not jesus apart from the Holy spirit indwelling us, and when can that happen except when we first believed in him?

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Quickened in due time !

Eph 2:1,5

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

All for whom Christ died, in the purpose of God, they all died with Him 2 Cor 5:14, was buried with Him Rom 6:4 and we were raised together with Him Eph 2:6,

And so as confirmation/evidence of this fact , that in the purpose of God, they were risen together with Him, or quickened together with Him, because His Resurrection is also stated to be a quickening of Him 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

The word quickened here is the greek word verb zōopoieō:

And the same word used in Eph 2:5-6 and Col 2:13

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Understand, when the Spirit quickened Christ from the dead 1 Pet 3:18 together with Him were those He died for quickened also from the dead in Purpose, and so as a confirmation and evidence of this blessed Truth, and of our joint participation in His quickening from the dead, He being the Head, and we being His Body, every member of His Body must experimentally participate in their quickening with Christ in due time, and they will be quickened out of being dead in trespasses and sins, as He was quickened out of being dead for/because of their trespasses and sins, and so we have Eph 2:5; Col 2:13.

Now if the Head be quickened from the dead, but not His Body with all of its members, then His Resurrection was aborted ! And we know that not to be True, so each member of His Body shall experience what Peter wrote here 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Because His Resurrection from the dead, was theirs together with Him !

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

It results in Living by Faith !

Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Thats predestination, whenever scripture declares that something SHALL be done, it means that the predetermined counsel of God has decided it to happen.

In case you did not know, this Promise "The just shall live by faith." is a Promise that everyone Christ died for shall Live by Faith !

Now why is that True ? Here's why ! The Death of Christ, His Obedience unto Death Phil 2:8; Rom 5:19 that declares those He died for, the Many Righteous or Just Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That word made in made righteous is the greek word kathistémi means:

I set down, bring down to a place; I set in order, appoint, make, constitute,

"to set down as, constitute (Latinsisto), equivalent to to declare, show to be":

They shall be declared Righteous or Just. That word Righteous in Rom 5:19 is the Greek word dikaios which means:

just; especially, just in the eyes of God; righteous; the elect (a Jewish idea).

Yes its the same exact word Just in Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So, the Many that the Obedience of Christ shall declare Righteous / Just, they shall Live by Faith !

The Many for whom Christ died for are His Sheep, so if one does not never believe on Him and begin the Life of Faith as Promised to those He died for, the answer is quite simple, its because they were not of His Sheep that He layed down His Life for Jn 10:15,26

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

26 But ye believe not, because, for that reason ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you

Thats the only reason why they are not or wont be believers, its because they were not of His Sheep. If they were of the Sheep He layed down His Life for Vs 15 then they shall live by Faith, or we must conclude that Rom 1:17 is a lie where it says :

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.724

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Reconciliation to God experimentally also !

Not only did by Christ's Death alone, those He died for were reconciled to God[legally] even while they were being enemies [experimentally] so says Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

They also are reconciled to God experimentally by His same death, meaning reconciled out of being enemies to Him, So says this scripture Col 1:21-22

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

22 In the body of his flesh through death
    , to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

You see that ? Paul tells them HOW it was done ! How they were reconciled after having been alienated and enemies in their minds by wicked works, It was in the Body of His flesh through death, meaning through His Death for them, the results is reconciliation out of being enemies and alienated in our minds by wicked works !

So Christ's Death alone accomplished both Legal and Experimental Reconciliation for the People of God, whom Christ died for !735

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Redeemed unto Life !

Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

All for whom Christ died are redeemed from/out of the curse of the Law, from the penalty of the transgressed law, death being one of the consequences of that penalty, and so Christ has redeemed them He died for from the death that is a consequence of the Transgressed Law, and having done that, they must receive Life, and that comes from the Spirit, that He may give them Life, or as Jesus says He quickens Jn 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

That word quickeneth is the greek word zóopoieó:

I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

/zōgréō, "alive" and 4160 /poiéō, "make") – properly, make alive (zōos); i.e. "quicken," vivify ("animate"); (figuratively) cause what is dead (inoperative) to have life; empower with divine life.

Notice, to cause that which is dead to have Life. The elect by nature are dead to God, inoperative spiritually, alienated from the life of God, but because Jesus died for them, redeeming them from death, which is a consequence of the curse of the Law, being that He satisfied God's Law and Justice by His Death for them, He causes them to have Life, as an evidence that Christ's redeeming death was successful in redeeming them from the curse of the Law !

In fact the same word zóopoieó in Jn 6:63 is used in 1 Cor 15:45

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

He is the The Author of the quickening of the Spirit in Jn 6:63, the Spirit must through Christ give life to every soul that His death redeemed from the curse of the Law !

As the Elect received subjective death for the consequences of sin against the Law, they likewise receive subjective Life out of death. Thats why back to Gal 3:13-14 those who Christ redeemed from the curse of the law, it was for the purpose that they may receive the promise of the Spirit, which gives them Life Jn 6:63 ! You see Christ's redeeming Death would be for nought if it did not produce Life and bestow it upon the redeemed, if it did not do that, His Death was less effective than Adams death was that effected subjective death !

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death !

One of the accomplishments of the death of Christ that proves that all men without exception were not of His Sheep that He died for, is that, those Sheep of His that He did die for, are as a result of His death drawn to Him Jn 12:32-33

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

This blessed fact of what His Death would accomplish He signified here in Vs 33 !

Jesus declares that all men shall be drawn to Him by the power, efficacy virtue of His death alone !

Now many in false religion quote this verse Jn 12:32 yet at the same time they are quite ignorant to its blessed meaning, and while quoting it, most of the time they are denying its very Truth set forth, that being Christ promising that His death [being lifted up] will result in all being drawn to Himself, which means they drawn will become His faithful followers, even believers in Him.

Now the word draw here denotes Christ's power at work, its the word helkō and means:

I.to draw, drag off

II.metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

Those being drawed have a special inward power leading them, impelling them !

To impel means "to cause to move forward" and its also synonymous with compel as here Lk 14:23

And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

The word compel here anagkazō means:

I.to necessitate, compel, drive to, constrain

A.by force, threats, etc.

B.by permission, entreaties, etc.

C.by other means

The compelling here is by entreaties and persuasion, and the Holy Spirit is vital in this work of persuading with the preached word 2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

The servant in Lk 14:23 is the Holy Spirit who accompanies the preached word, persuading those Christ died for to be drawn to Him in Faith !

Also the word draw denotes:

helkýō – properly, induce (draw in), focusing on the attraction-power involved with the drawing.

For its the Day of Christ's Power Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Thats what Christ is speaking of in Jn 12:32 , that all His People He died for Matt 1:21 shall be attracted to Him in the Day of His Power !739

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death ! 2

For its the Day of Christ's Power Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Thats what Christ is speaking of in Jn 12:32 , that all His People He died for Matt 1:21 shall be attracted to Him in the Day of His Power !

Now the word all has been a stumblingblock to many in false religion, they force it to mean " every individual without exception ", yet that is a lie. The word all is the greek word pas, which means more often than not, all of the whole, or all of every kind; It means all in the sense 0f each [every] part that applies; The emphais of the total picture then is on one piece at a time, all the parts that constitute the whole, that is to view the whole in terms of invidual parts.

Now for instance, He will draw all of His Sheep to Himself until they all constitute His One whole Sheepfold ! Jn 10:3-4,16

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name[singular one by one], and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one [whole sheepfold], and one shepherd.

Now we know all men without exception are not Christs Sheep or of His Sheepfold Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death ! 3

Yet another example of the word all being used to denote men individually in order to constitute an whole, that being the Children of God scattered abroad Jn 11:51-52

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Some Translations use the word all as here Jn 11:52

52 Yet Jesus would not die just for the Jewish nation. He would die to bring together all of God’s scattered people. CEV

52 and not only for them, but also to bring together into one body all the scattered people of God.

52 and for God’s scattered children. This would bring them all together and make them one.ICB

Notice how His Death/Dying was to gather together in One whole, this is All the Children of God are to gathered together or we can say drawn to Him.

Now whats interesting is the words gather together here have the same meaning as draw does in Jn 12:32, its the word sunago and is used to draw in fish, to draw together, to collect Matt 13:47

47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: or all of every kind !

Also just as the word draw helko means to lead, impel, the same can be said for the word gather together sunago which means to lead together, made up of the verb ago which means :

I lead, I bring, drive, to impel, of power and influence affecting the mind like Lk 4:1; Rom 8:14; And so Jesus was saying that as a result of His Death, all His Sheep, or all the children of God, He will by spiritual power win over to Myself the hearts of them all.

Now how many religionist who often quote Jn 12:32 really believe and understand the Truth of it, that as a result of His Death, all His Sheep will be spiritually influenced to follow Him, to be persuaded to do so !

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

All men drawn by virtue of Christ's Death ! 4

Now the underlying reason for those all Sheep, or Children of God to be drawn to Christ, it is because they have been predestinated to the adoption of Children by Jesus Christ to Himself Eph 1:5

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.753

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

That they might have Life !

Jn 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Jesus here is stating the Divine Purpose for which He has come into the world. We know this by one simple word in our text, the word That !

Its the greek conjunction hina which means:

I.that, in order that, so that, it denotes for what purpose and or end something was done.

Jesus is stating for what purpose and or end the Purpose of God intended by His coming, and its Life, Spiritual and Eternal Life !

Also His coming was for a specific group of people that was to receive Life as a result of His coming, His Sheep, or God's Elect or the Church of God !

All that He did in His Life and Death while here, was to result in life being given to His Sheep, and that more abundantly.

Now if Live isnt given abundantly to each and everyone of His Sheep as God purposed it by His coming, then His coming failed the Purpose of God !

If you or i are teaching that , anyone Christ came to die for, may yet end up in hell, destitute of Eternal Life, we are teaching that the purpose of God in why Christ came has failed, has come up short of the Glory of God !

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Come to God by Him, not by freewill !

As an accomplishment of the work of Christ its stated Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

False religion would tell us that men come to God by their own freewill, hence attempting to steal the credit from the Lord Jesus Christ and His Saving and Converting Work ! Scripture tells us that Christ saves to the uttermost those coming to God BY HIM !

The word by here is the prep dia and means:

through, on account of, because of

Christ is taking the credit for men coming to God because of, or on account of Him ! He is the reason why they come.

And the word come is proserchomai and means:

I come up to, come to, come near (to), approach, consent (to).

to approach, to draw near

The Psalmist wrote Ps 65:4

4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

The word also means to consent or comply or yield , to obey !

Because men by nature we are not subject to God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

To bring men to God was one of the purposes of Christ's Death 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Thats what Heb 7:25 means by coming to God by Him, because of His Death for our sins and His Present intercession for all whom He died, namely the Elect !

Its only because of Christ and His Finished work in ones behalf do we have repentance toward God Acts 20:21

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

We come to God by Him, not by mans idol freewill !

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again more question begging. One does not necessarily lead to the other.

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Did you understand the post where that quote came from ? Please review the entire post with me so we can begin to discuss its contents !

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok I see you are going to do this again. You have no argument so you obfuscate.

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I see where you have gone again, evading the points made to start a rabbit trail !

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ's Death has gathering power !

For it was not without reason Jesus said stated these words Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Here He promises that as an result of His being Lifted up from the Earth [meaning His Death by Crucifixion] He would draw all men to Himself, which denotes a total conversion experience ! That word draw has the same meaning or force as the words gather together here Jn 11:50-52

50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

This Vs 52 is stating that the effect of the One Man dying for the People in Vs 50-51, His death was in order that, He should gather together, the people or Children of God, not only of that nation, but out of all nations wherein they are scattered abroad Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

But the important fact here is how they were gathered together. That word or words in the greek sunago, and means to draw together, to bring together. This bringing or drawing together in one is the purposed result of His death ! The same thing is implied in Jesus words here Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

In which He brings the Sheep together into one fold, or all the Children of God, and they all follow their One Shepherd, The Lord Jesus Christ. This gathering of the People by Shiloh was known by Faith by Jacob Gen 49:10

The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh[Christ] come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

So in essence Jn 12:32 is saying the same thing as Jn 11:50-52, and His dying or being lifted up is the author of the drawing or gathering together, which means conversion !

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Puts on the Highway of Holiness !

Many in false religion sale short the accomplishment of the Death of Christ, instead of acknowledging that His Death effected Salvation experimentally for all whom He died, that it effects conversion to God, they deny it, saying that it only makes it possible, hence leaving it to the sinner to effect their Salvation, the sinner gets that Glory, not God !

The Death of Christ did redeem those He died for by paying a ransom, His Own Blood, and that had many consequences as an result. Isa 35:8-10

8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:

10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

That way, is also called the Highway of Holiness ! Its that narrow way Jesus speaks of here Matt 7:13-14

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

But we find out from our text who that few who findeth that Narrow way, that way of being called the Highway of Holiness ! Its the redeemed of the Lord, it is promised they shall walk there !

Again notice Vs 9 makes a promise which states :

The redeemed shall walk there. The redeemed are those who have been redeemed by the precious blood of Christ 1 Pet 1:18-20, they are also the ransomed of the Lord Matt 20:28

28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

John Gill writes on the redeemed of Isa 35:9 :

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

It reconciles us to God !

2 Cor 5:18

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

All those for whom Christ died, by His Death alone, not only was God reconciled to them, but they are reconciled to God ! Thats right Believers [The us in in our text] are experimentally reconciled to God by Jesus Christ ! The word by dia is the greek prep that means primarily:

A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act

C.of means

i.by

ii.by the means of

II.through

A.the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

i.by reason of

ii.on account of

iii.because of for this reason

iv.therefore

v.on this account

The channel by which they acted in their conversion was by means of Jesus Christ !

The word reconciled katallassō :

I.to change, exchange, as coins for others of equivalent value

A.to reconcile (those who are at variance)

B.return to favour with, be reconciled to one

C.to receive one into favour

It denotes reconciling both parties that were at varience or contention or enmity, so that the enmity we have towards God by nature in the flesh Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

That enmity is defeated, so that now we become reconciled to God in ourselves, we are no longer enemies in our minds by wicked works Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

The word reconciled here is the word apokatallassō and means:

I.to reconcile completely

II.to reconcile back again

III.bring back a former state of harmony

You see, Christ's reconciling death in order for it to be successful and to have accomplished the will of God completely, it must not only legally reconcile God to us, but at the same time stimulate our experimental reconciliation / conversion back to God !

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

It reconciles us to God !2

Christ's Death must also reconcile us to God experimentally [active participation] because like others we were alienated from God and or the life of God Eph 4:18

18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

When alienated from God it entails :

The understanding is darkened

Ignorance is in us

Blindness of heart !

But however, the Effects of Christ's death defeats all of that, and causes us an experimental reconciliation to God or conversion.

The same Truth is taught by Peter 1 Pet 3:18

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins[His Death doe our sins], the just for the unjust, that/hina purpose he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

You see the Purpose of His Death was in order to bring us to God, which is another way of saying reconciling us to God experimentally in a conversion experience.

Now if we say that Christ died for all without exception, and for many who never become experimentally reconciled to God in a conversion experience, then we are teaching against what the Death of Christ accomplished for them He died as it is taught in the scripture. We deny the reconciling effects of the death of Christ, that it not only reconciled God to us, but us to God as well !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.