1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I've Decided I'm Going to Vote Twice for President

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will vote for Trump in good conscience because it is not a matter of electing a Deacon or Pastor, it is a secular office that is usually going to be filled with secular people who govern more secular people in more secular offices.

It would violate my conscience not to vote, because I know there is a potential for recognition of the conservative vote, which can only help us in regards to the Liberal Agenda.

And I know without question that should Hillary be elected the Liberal Agenda will have won another victory.

Muslim goes into a bar and kills homosexuals...does this administration acknowledge that?

You want more of that?

And I will say that I like Trump's position on foreign policy (what little I have heard). That too is a big issue.

That is not political convenience, it is just common sense, at least from perspective it is. You know that Clinton getting into office is going to be a disaster, so why not do what you can to help ensure that doesn't happen?

How is your conscience bothered by the thought that you are helping stem the tide of political insanity?

God bless.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Darrell, you made the statement: "for at least four years we might see a reversal." Your wording indicates that you understand exactly what I'm saying, and that you're willing to accept that risk; so be it. I'm not as optimistic as you are.

Please note: I'm not lobbying to have you change your vote. I may not agree, but I respect your decision.

#42 Don, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Benjamin - your analogy fails because of how you describe the choices available.

You say there's a vulture laying an egg on one side, and a cow on the other. I say there's a vulture on one side, and a cow with Mad Cow disease on the other.

I lived in England 1990-1993; 23 years later, I'm *still* not allowed to give blood.

You might choose the cow, and yes, you'd eat; but what will it cost you for the rest of your life?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Easy. I do not believe that a vote for Trump will help stem the tide of anything. I think that he will do more harm than good to the principle of the President following the Constitution.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, it's the false choice dilemma.

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump Pastor.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why won't you answer the question, Don? Was the banning of partial birth abortion an advancement in the anti-abortion movement or not?

You have implied it is of little significance, yet I know you don't believe that...do you?

And it's not a risk, lol: the alternative is staying home and hoping that the Liberal Agenda won't be as successful as they have been the last eight years.

What is the risk? That you will go against your conscience and it won't matter? That's the point I'm trying to make...why does you conscience view the possibility that voting for Trump will be a vote against Liberal authority increasing. I view Trump as an unregenerate Liberal, I have never liked the man, and still don't care for him. But, the platform he is running on will demand a responsibility to conservative voters, especially if he wants to be re-elected, which most Presidents do.

Okay, that's it for me in this thread.

So vote your conscience, I will not judge you on that, though I would like you to say whether you feel the banning of partial birth abortion was an advancement, or something that just doesn't matter.

God bless.

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ignoring all of these things is, in my view, what those who fail to vote will be doing.

There is a chance to see some changes to what the current administration has been putting into place these last eight years, but, if Christians sit out as they did in the last election we will like be contributing to the eventual society that Antichrist will be embraced by.

The conservative vote is not negligible, though it is not the voice it once was.

Anyone care to speculate why?

God bless.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is to say that Clinton will do a better job.

C'mon Rolfe.

That is the alternative, and the only possible way you can help to keep her from being voted in is to vote yourself. Sometimes the lesser of two evils is the only choice we have, though in my view, encouraging people to sit out creates a scenario of the lesser of three evils.

If Clinton wins, the current tide will grow stronger, we know that. If Trump wins, and is the politician I see him to be, he will have to make concessions in order to maintain approval of the Conservative community in this nation.

Your vote matters. It won't spark revolution, but neither will it help the revolution going on today. What will it take for Christians to get involved, marriage between owners and their pets? Maybe the outlawing of Biblical discussion?

Why wait until then?

God bless.

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

There is a point at which the "lesser of two evils" argument becomes invalid for me. Clinton and Trump each are just as bad as the other. Neither would be good for this Country. Both would be a disaster.

My vote is a matter of conscience. I will not add to the irreparable decline of my Country by violating it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Precisely what makes you think that he cares about Conservative approval?

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who would vote for Trump because of promises of prosperity (ie economy, second amendment, etc) even though they know he is an immoral man has chosen immorality to gain prosperity. Those who would do so have lost their way.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Of two evils, choose neither. Christians must turn from the endless cycle of voting for the lesser of two evils and expecting an unrighteous act to produce a righteous result." --Charles Spurgeon

14. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your claim of putting value on moral consequentialism is equivalent to suggesting you have morally decided to eat meant off of 10.000 year old Doo Doo Bird skeletons for survival. Therefore, on the surface the real moral decision you have made is to abandon any logically possible choice while in fact any true moral value you place in doing so can be directly and logically observed by which of the only two possibilities you are more convicted to criticize while declaring you will throw your vote into a wasteland of nothingness/logically amounting to a pseudo-moral decision.

The choice you say is a matter of conscience is at best a conscience decision to devaluate your vote by voting for an impossibility. But I believe the truth is the only true value left for you when you do so is unavoidably tied to who or what you most adamantly are taking your vote away from as displayed in daily attacks on this board which you might not be aware of ;) but is pretty obviously pointed toward going against Trump/The Republican Party. <- making that what you value most.

...but I've already laid out and broken the logical value of your vote down for you guys and described how that works, but your side's best and only "articulate" argument against this was, "blah, blah ,blah".

#54 Benjamin, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  15. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, its X or Y my friends, X or Y, however you try to slice it the pie gets no bigger. The only false dilemma here is yours in the claim you have a choice between (X or Y) or something that doesn’t exist as some kind of superior moral value.

16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Benjamin- You go vote Ben Carson's conscience, and I will go vote mine.

My Post Number 50 explains my thought on the matter.

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you have attempted to break down the logical value of our vote by saying we can only vote for one of two people, because only one of two people will win the election. We don't care if we vote for the winner or not. We care about our conscience.

The "blah, blah, blah" part comes from your persistent attempts to squirrel hole us into one of your boxes so you can argue against our position. We're not playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you value that response as some kind of logical rebuttal to my argument in the same way you claim to place conscience moral values? Because other than that your post #50 doesn't begin to address the issues I presented anymore than your accusation that I vote Ben Carson conscience has any value in doing so.

19. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You only claim you are about your conscience in a non-vote for either of the only twp possibilities. Truth is your conscience has been been logically revealed to at best have no value but more likely to favor Hillary by your actions here on this board against Trump.

You're merely avoiding logical reasoning...

20. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you have me commit sin by casting a vote that I believe is morally wrong? Simple yes or no answer will suffice.