1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured JC pennys Now 'officially" A gay friendly Company!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Jul 13, 2012.

1. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, it is not a "sin", and I doubt that any Bible-believer here would claim that it is. I do not believe anyone has suggested that it is either....If they did, they would be wrong to do so.

2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

It has been implied that if we, knowing what we now know about JC Penney's direction of promotion, continued shopping there, were are supporting and participating in their sin. (I think it has been more than implied, but It has AT LEAST been implied.)

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    if one is persuaded/convicted that it would be a wrong thing to do, than to them to violate that and still shop there would be a sin!

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

You are not privy to my private thoughts, but you are so very wrong. You must be really twisted to see something wrong with that little stick man. I don't see anything "perverted" at all about it. You really do need to take a chill pill and reassess your priorities. If that get's you all riled up, I can only imagine what some real problem must do to you. Sucks to be you, I guess.

5. Magnetic Poles

6. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Thank you for your responses :thumbsup:

#146 HeirofSalvation, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  7. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Well, while I might, or another might disagree...it is decidedly no SIN for someone to feel differently about whether one should "boycott" or not. Padre is quite correct...it is no "Great Commission" issue...There is no direct Scriptural command to involve oneself in that way....I would encourage others to do so, but it is no sin to think otherwise.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I notice you are quick to address a sarcastic “duh” and are quick to defend the intensions of your signature line with such arguments that I cannot know your private thoughts, yet you totally avoid trying to support your view that a Christian should not include his values arrived from Biblical principles into his decisions made when establishing the laws of the land against a Biblical rebuttal made against you. I have presented scripture that seems to suggest otherwise to your view, Mr. “X-fundamental that has been a Christian for 50 years and doesn’t have much he hasn’t studied” so please do show me some of that “reasoned debate” and present some logic from a Christian perspective, and not only a secular one to support your view. After all it is “supposed” to be a Christian board for “Christian debate”, is it not?

It is said you can know the opponents weakest argument in what he avoids responding to. Rhetoric aside, here is a repost of my argument against yours supported from a Biblical Christian perspective which you have avoided:

These verses seem to say we (Christians) are to form our decisions on the basis of Biblical teaching, does it not?

Here are a couple more scriptures that seem to suggest you should not be conforming to the values of the world which I have also posted that have gone unaddressed by you:

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Rom 12:2)

And here is a bit of wisdom showing that believers can be privy to where one is coming from according to what "his agenda" seems to be followed with a question from Jesus pertaining to the fruit one is known by:

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? (Luk 6:45-46)

#148 Benjamin, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
  9. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I spent a hour talking to a farmer yesterday. His corn is dying in the field, he's getting less than 10 bales to the acre of second cutting of hay and he doesn't think he has enough to pay the feed bill.

....and we're fussing over what department store we will or will not shop at. :tonofbricks:

You can have your thread back.

10. Magnetic Poles

Benjamin, you are ill informed. You use scriptures out of context. Those are related to our relationship with God and our personal conduct. It has nothing at all to do with any necessity to participate in a boycott with you.

Good day, sir. I am done with you.

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Meaningless rhetoric...

Meaningless rhetoric...

Exactly, and the point you have attempted to proselytize here and continue to dodge is that our personal conduct should be:

whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus”

“With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men”

“and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him”

Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.”

“Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.”

You not only miss the point of personal conduct but forego the blessing for not doing so.

And now how about instruction of “personal conduct” as it directly relates to unfruitful works of others and to reprove and rebuke them?

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
    (Eph 5:11)

He that saith unto the wicked, Thou art righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him: But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them. Every man shall kiss his lips that giveth a right answer.
    (Pro 24:24-26)

I suppose these (Eph 5:11,Pro 24:24-26) don't any instruction towards one's perssonal conduct in these matters either? :rolleyes:

Expected as much if asked to support your point from a Christian viewpoint.

:wavey:

#151 Benjamin, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012