1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerry Walls Refuting Calvinistic Soteriology

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by AndyMartin, May 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Who is the Psalmist and the writer of Hebrews speaking to?

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God does not tempt nor cause us to sin, as God is light, and in Him no darkness, correct?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That does not mean that they were biblical sound in their doctrines though! Saved, but not sound!

4. AndyMartin

AndyMartin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    more so than Calvin!

5. AndyMartin

AndyMartin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check out my post on what Wayne Grudem, a Calvinist has said on God ordaining sin.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shhhhhhh!!!! That requires exegesis.

7. AndyMartin

AndyMartin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You say, "They will eventually be saved...against their own will". So if their being saved is "against their own will", this must mean that they were "not willing" in themselves, but God FORCED their will!

Such is the complete nonsense of Calvinism!

8. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You must, therefore call God's word complete non-sense.

What does Romans 3:9-20 say?

9 What shall we conclude then? Are we any better? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. 10 9 What shall we conclude then? Are we any better? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin.

10 As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one; 11 there is no one who understands; no one who seeks God. 12 All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.”

13 “Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.” “The poison of vipers is on their lips.” 14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.” 15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood; 16 ruin and misery mark their ways, 17 and the way of peace they do not know.” 18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.” 19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

Andy, you are rejecting God's word and replacing it with your own. You should be horrified by your actions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. AndyMartin

AndyMartin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am convinced that Calvinism is a deep spiritual bondage that needs deliverance

10. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed, you have convinced yourself, despite the vast overwhelming scripture passages that prove you wrong. You have become so internally bitter and outraged that you don't see that you are a Pharisee who misses God's grace.

I note that you didn't even respond to Romans 3, but instead you toss it away with a sweeping gesture. That's sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. AndyMartin

AndyMartin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am angry and bitter at no one! But do seriously think that this whole Calvinistic thing is a red-herring from the enemy, as it causes divisions and unbiblical is many of its teachings. Of course I would not expect you to see this, as you are a convinced Calvinist!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The enemy is inside you, Andy. The scriptures are filled with God choosing from the beginning of Genesis to the end of Revelation.

You fight the word of God because your own selfish will wants to call the shots and rule in your heart. You just want God to be an advisor rather than be your Sovereign King who rules you and directs your coming and going. You imagine that such a King will take away your freedom, yet you don't realize that you are never free. You are either a slave to sin or a slave to Christ. In either case your status (and my status) is slave. Nothing more and nothing less.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  13. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Andy starts another thread?... Brother Glen:Sleep

14. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His last 3 posts? ZERO scriptures cited.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What reformed churches are on the decline? Don't be bashful, name'm.

Around here?

A FWB is getting ready for their 3rd pastor in ~ 3 years.
    Another FWB church had an asst-pastor step down due to having an affair. I know this to be true...He's a co-worker.
    The Separate Baptist Church(free will believing) I have a monthly appt at has less than 15 at pretty much EVERY meeting. My last sermon I preached to 6 ppl. The week before they had 6 there.
    My home church has 25-35 weekly and that church is not Calvinistic.
    Another free will believing church about 1 minute from my house had a pastor who fleeced them.

But reformed churches are the struggling ones.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What false gospel?

The gospel of justification by faith w/o works that we aver?

Now, I know very little about Calvin and Augustine, as I have read very little of their works. Now, don't come at me with this talking about them, seeing they have gone to receive their reward upon the return of the Christ.

Now, we can see that we are justified by faith w/o works as the bible avows in Romans 3:28, 5:1, Galatians 2:16, 3:8, 3:24, just to name a few. Now, we can also read He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.[Romans 4:25] If the Christ rose from the dead for everyone as your side avers, then everyone is justified, and everyone justified is declared righteous before God and those who stand before God who have been declared righteous are saved. To proclaim an universal redemption, which the death, burial and resurrection accomplished(not universal in its scope, but for His ppl, His sheep, His elect), means a universal salvation.

But He, the Christ, rose for our, I.E. the believers, justification.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know of 4 or 5 churches, that believe in free will, who have closed their doors in the last 2-3 years.

But reformed churches are the ones dying? :rolleyes::rolleyes::Cautious:Cautious:confused:Confused

18. AndyMartin

AndyMartin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    the first four "points" of TULIP are grave ERROR!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Total depravity? So ppl have an ability to recover themselves from their fallen condition? That is what the 'T' teaches, that ppl are unable to rescue themselves from their fallen condition.
    Unconditional election? So, God saw something good in those He saved/saves? The 'U' teaches that God saves ppl based on Himself and not anything in the lost person.
    Limited atonement? So the Christ died for Satan and his minions, too? If not, then you have to limit the atonement. Did the Christ atone for those who died in unbelief? In not, then the atonement is limited to believers. That's what the 'L' advocates.
    Irresistible grace? So that grace that God used to save you, you resisted it even when He saved you? When He saved you, you found that grace to be irresistible. If not, you'd still be lost.

And these are gross error? Srsly?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They agree with the scriptures though!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.