1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerry Walls wicked and profane question about God..part2

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Iconoclast, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.[2 Corinthians 5:19]

To be reconciled is to become friends again. Now, if that is true, and it is, it can not mean that the world, as in all whoever lived, are being reconciled, but those who believe. Those who die lost can never be considered reconciled to God. Neither can they be considered a friend of God. In James 2:23, James wrote and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called the friend of God. So, God is in Christ reconciling the world, but only those who believe will be reconciled.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You merely use more words to repeat the same false dilemma that this MINISTRY, of reconciliation involving God the Father being in Christ reconciling the world in the blood of Christ, must mean all must be saved while you attempt to build a strawman. The key element being reconciled is the work of the MINISTRY which before this was that ALL men were at that enmity, which could not otherwise be removed than by the blood of the Son of God. There is no claim of individual salvific reconciliation present as election is clearly not the subject but rather the MINISTRY of Christ is the subject and that it is adequate to do the great work of reconciling the whole human race to God, by making atonement for their sins.

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "steaver,
    (So you diligently teach your children everyone should love God for God commands He should be loved. You feel children can understand this, right? )

No...your thinking is off track,non biblical, that is why you struggle as you do...we teach what God declares.
    No one can properly understand God's Word unless enabled by the Spirit of God.

(But you do not feel children can understand that God does not in turn love everyone, so you withhold this information from them. )

Where did I say this?....why do you feel the need to invent such evil and God dishonouring thoughts as you do.here
    There is no truth of God that needs to be witheld.
    Ephesians 1-3...is loaded with election and predestination, and yet Paul is found addressing the children in chap6.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I cannot help your lack of reading comprehension. ..that causes you to keep offering your slimy comments...saying it seems like you are saying, it seems like this or that.
    If you cannot directly quote me. ..stop offering these seedy ideas you have as if I am offering. it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.[Deuteronomy 6:4-7]

We are to teach our kids at all times, whenever possible. I am sure you did this to your children, Brother.

6. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes that is good news isn't it...that those being reconciled or better put have been reconciled don't have their sins credited to their account. The WORLD has been stamped with redemption! Well does this therefore mean ALL WILL make heaven their home? NO. One must move this into the realm of reality or the place of realization by coming into agreement with the reconciliation.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10

That is to say you acknowledge Jesus is Lord and what Jesus did on the Cross and Resurrection was for your salvation...righteousness that if the righteousness of God HAS been provided for you. You hear that message and then you have a choice....to believe unto this righteousness or not. There's no other way to demonstrate one comes into agreement with this other than what they declare about it, or as the scripture has said, "confession is made UNTO...UNTO, salvation." Rom 10:10 The message we're to give to the sinner is that salvation HAS already been provided for them....be therefore reconciled to God. The problem I have with dear Calvinistic brethren is that they'd find it difficult to boldly tell those outside of Christ that salvation has been provided for them. I'm actually mystified as to what some of you folk tell the sinner. Maybe somebody can tell me.

7. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So your saying you do not teach your children God's Word because they cannot understand God's Word until God enables them??? Are you to wait until your child says "hey daddy, God has enabled me now so you can start teaching me God's Word".

Earlier when I asked you, you implied you did teach them according to Duet 6....when I asked....

"Question for you. Do you obey the following or is it not for us today....

"And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
    And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
    And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up." (Deut 6)"

Which you replied....

"why would you suggest I do not do this?"

It appears my tough questions are getting you a bit off balanced.

8. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Repent and believe the gospel.[Mark 1:15]

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the sinner needs to do something. I thought Calvinism teaches sinners are spiritually dead men incapable of doing anything God requires.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    steaver,

No....this is exactly the problem...I did not post that , and you bear false witness by saying so..
    here is what I just posted to you;
    Where did I say this?....why do you feel the need to invent such evil and God dishonouring thoughts as you do.here
    There is no truth of God that needs to be withheld.
    Ephesians 1-3...is loaded with election and predestination, and yet Paul is found addressing the children in chap6.

In post 89 i answered this quite clearly....if you decide to ignore it and remain ignorant of truth, then bear false witness that is all on you...if you lack reading comprehension ...phone a friend;
    part of what i said;
    I do not speculate about what God may have decided or not...

I do speak of God electing a multitude before the world was...and they all will come to Jesus when He draws them.
    long before you were born to leave you condemned to hell, it's not up to you??
    I do not have your distorted view of the doctrines of grace, so I do not have to unwind this yarn you are spinning....

I tell them....we are all sinners....God is going to save a multitude of sinners...but not all. Those who do not trust in Jesus will perish. If they do not trust Jesus they will perish, Mom and Dad cannot save you....If you are going to be saved Jesus will have to do it.
    There is no need for your dreadful speculation or whatever way you think to lie to your children as if that was going to change things.
    What an idiotic statement on your part...we faithfully declare truth ...at all times....Who is allowed to welcome it is up to God. Why is this a mystery to you?

Earlier when I asked you, you implied you did teach them according to Duet 6....when I asked....

Again...no one cares what you think it seemed like, or was implied, I have had this problem with you before....I do not need a spokesmen, or an interpreter......deal with what i post.....not what you try and distort it to...thanks so much in advance for correcting your M.O>

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did jesus command the man with the withered man to"stretch forth his hand"? or the crippled man to "rise up and walk"? these were things they could not do...unless God enabled them to....Lazarus...come forth....get it....

• Like Like x 1
  12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I get that Jesus performing these miracles were actual events used to prove that he was the son of God. They were not intended to be some sort of retroactive metaphor of Calvinist theology.

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Salvation takes the same exact Supernatural power to affect salvation and bring a dead sinner to life regenerating him and giving him a new heart in Salvation that's the very point so we preach the gospel to all men and the Holy Spirit does what he does in the Unseen Realm

• Like Like x 1
  14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, this is known as a metaphor. Jesus was not raising people from the dead, giving sight to the blind, healing the sick, etc. so that Calvinist's could use actual historical events as a theological metaphor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And is there anything in your presentation if you're preaching to a crowd which says Christ died for YOUR sins according to the scriptures? Is there anything in which you say to the crowd God loves them and sent Jesus to die for their sins? If one in the crowd stood up and asked how can any of us have faith to believe if it's just the lucky ones or the especially blessed ones which you inwardly believe are the only ones who are going to get it?

16. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have dealt with your post. It is difficult to follow along when you keep changing your answers. This is why I have to keep asking you questions. So why don't you take another stab at it and clearly answer whether or not you teach your children to love God as Duet 6 teaches us, or if you do not because they cannot understand God's Word unless God enables them through the rebirth?

17. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seeing that repentance of God, yes lost ppl need to repent. Acts 5:31, Acts 11:18, Romans 2:4, 2 Timothy 2:25 all show true repentance comes from God and is then exercised by those He draws.

18. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I tell them God sent His Son into the world to save sinners. If they truly seek Him, they will find Him. That He welcomes all who comes to Him.

As Iconoclast previously posted, I guess Hitler’s mom told him Jesus loves him. I guess Osama Bin Laden’s momma told him God loves him and has a wonderful plan for his life.

I guess Vlad Dracula’s mother told him how wonderful God is, too.

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The miracles are instructive....you deny it to whatever extent...I believe it.

That is between you and God.....I can only offer what I see....God alone gives eyesight.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "steaver,

yes...by avoiding the answers given.

hmmm.....no one else seems to be struggling to understand, just you.

no...just clarifying what you did not understand.

No..what you do is obvious....everyone knows...

No need to....you cannot answer to what was offered....

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.