1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerry Walls wicked and profane question about God

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Iconoclast, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Willis isn't introducing anything of the such. All I am saying is an argument for babies going to heaven isn't as iron-clad as many think it is. I am not saying they'll go to hell either. I JUST DON'T KNOW...the bible isn't explicitly clear on this, imo.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello S G
    The key here is when the confession says....elect persons.......infants, or those incapable of being called by other means.....this leaves it in God's hands where it belongs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct it isn’t, not if your theological construct embraces Election and Total Depravity, which mine does... and btw, these are Doctrines of Grace talking points that are on the table .... and they themselves do not provide clarity. From my own personal prospective, I have 2 members of my own family who are affected by this. So what are my options.
    1. Stop believing in Doctrines of Grace... that will assuage my souls confusion regarding the disposition of those two souls.

2. Be content, understanding that the Lord will do right.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No.....I do not wander into the maze of carnal philosophical jargon that suggests truth is subjective and not knowable.
    Revealed truth speaks a clear note understood by saints of all time.
    The only places we see in scripture where people thought as you do were the confused persons in Acts 17 who tried to rationalize the apostle Paul's message to undermine the certainty of it.
    You know Ben.....I could see you there next to them, trying out your philosophical worldview on the apostle Paul...lol....to no avail.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The scripture is quite clear on this, if rightly understood.
    You are not the only person who has direct contact with such persons.
    Your worry apart departed persons changes nothing .In 6:37-44 is clear and certain. We know Gen18:25 is always true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe I have posted this before... it clearly represents my beliefs

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And he did it in 4 minutes... he explained your relationship with you and your savior in 4 minutes and he did it with exuberance and deep understanding. They don’t make them like that anymore. Can I get an amen!?! :Biggrin

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again you demonstrate that you fail to understand that philosophy involves the scientific study of drawing out the truth in an argument which would be the opposite of your claim that it has the goal of subjectivity toward truth and of suggesting it is not knowable. The fact remains that it is pretty obvious you do use and put the philosophical construct of the writers of the 1689 LBC on a pedestal and the elevation and cult-like worship of these men’s teaching should be cause for alarm in the same sense that one should look upon Pentecostals claims of getting info and healing powers straight from God.

BTW, even Paul, who did get his info straight from God was quite the philosopher, said the Bereans were of more noble character for questioning his words, using their own minds and going to the scriptures to see whether or not his words lined up with the truth. You should probably try that sometime... ;)

#128 Benjamin, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Benjamin,

I will plead guilty as charged here.I do understand this however:
    19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

earthly carnal philosophy does not match clear scriptural declarations of truth.

I use the clear declarations contained in that document because this was their goal in writing it....they quoted from Luke 1:
    Luke 1 King James Version (KJV)
    1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,

2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Do you see the clear statement?....not failed philosophical notions,of pseudo intellectuals....

These men, and others I cut and paste....have never been refuted or corrected here on BB. Their biblical offers are like kryptonite to non cals on here as they retreat into the darkness, rather than enter in and attempt any kind of biblical correction.

Funny you should mention that, Paul as an educated person knew enough about what they thought, to make short work of them by turning to God given wisdom instead.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Notice...God even ORDAINED the scriptural wisdom for the elect before the world was....He ordained them, their salvation, and Godly wisdom for their sanctification....gotta love it right Ben?

Yes....that is why I am a confessional Christian....notice Benjamin....the little numbers under each paragraph in the confession....represent and point to verses of scripture that you are encouraged to look up and study....I look forward to the time when you can look up the verses also.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You attempt to use the euphemism of “clear decorations” instead of “philosophical construct” to describe the 1689 LBC writings and apparently believe that carries of weight of proving truth, but should take note of some basic critical thinking skills that expose such rhetoric as fallaciously begging the question, at best.

So let me get this straight, it is not acceptable to question the writings in the 1689 LBC because of the writer’s claims under Luke 1 that their understanding is perfect and that they are on the same level as the apostles, therefore they cannot/should not be questioned as to their accuracy? Hmm, if that’s how you believe maybe you should try out some Pentecostal churches in comparison because they make the very same claims.

Nope, Icon, your claims of others here not using scripture or ever refuting the Doctrines of Determinism are quite old, a weak argument and have been disproven many times along with the philosophical constructs of those in the 1689 LBC who you believe are divinely and mystically superior in their interpretations wherein they have tried to justify their Deterministic views through theories of compatibilism and self-aggrandizement by use of scripture.

I would encourage you to be more careful in your "confessional" followings of the philosophical constructs of men and their proclaimed superiority and work a little more on understanding:

(Eph 4:14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

(Col 2:8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Act 20:30-31

(30) Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

(31) Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Benjamin

Really...lets look at the majority of your post....verbose ramblings:Cautious
    not quite the words from Acts15...or any other portion of scripture:Redface

I did not say that, but I understand you have to make believe I did so you can try and answer...:Sick

I like your style...create a monster strawman to obscure the teaching of these godly men...:Wink

you are not embarrassed by this?

yes ...we see the thinly veiled deflection..:Roflmao

At this point Benjamin realized he once again offered no scripture...so he scrambles to throw a few token verses in, that ironically describe his misguided rhetoric
    :RoflmaoThis is describing your language in most of your posts....:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sermon on the mount 2.0

Jesus walks up the mount and says "I got this."

The End.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...atta way Willis! You tell em! Someone dares ruffle your panties - put em on ignore!

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Might as well do that to anyone who has fallen prey to modern religion... then ya would never have any chance at changing anyone’s mind. :Unsure:Whistling

16. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

17. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...he comes back to the BB to do what, put all opposing views on ignore? On a DEBATE forum? Who's he been hanging with that's made him so extreme?

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Radio, TV, Missionary, Bible, pamphlet, another person witnessing, church now going up etc!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God actively chose who would be saved by His own Will and Pleasure, but he also permits the remainder to freely choose to reject Jesus and gey their desire to be apart from God in Hell.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can any created being in the ultimate sense stop the Determined Will of God to get accomplished?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.