1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus Christ: Did He Ever Save Anyone, Really ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by pinoybaptist, Mar 3, 2010.

1. olegig

olegig New Member

Ok, lets give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Your first statement is shown just above so explain what you meant when you said: "Even MOSES entered not in because of unbelief..."

If the physical promises made to the children of Israel are in type the spiritual promises made to the Christian; then are you saying Paul understood he might miss out on the spiritual promises if he has a sudden stroke of unbelief?

Again, so no one puts words in your mouth, are you saying in the above Paul was afraid he might find himself rejected?

Yes and my personal faith has also wained; but I never questioned whether that would have affect on my salvation because I am saved through the Faith of Christ, not my personal faith in Christ.

The point is that in the passage from Daniel there are 1% as many ministering to Christ as there are standing before Him in judgement.
    But like I said before, on the basis of this one scripture I don't know what to make of it because as yet I have seen no other scripture that addresses the same issue on which to begin to formulate an interpretation.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

That's a very good question, but I am not prepared to answer now. This will give me something to study, then I will answer.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you sir. I suggest that you are no different than any of the rest of us, Moses and Paul included. We all have to deal with that conflict between our flesh and the Spirit. And, IMO, if the truth be known, the MOST of us spend the MOST of our time in the flesh. But God is faithful even when we are not.

I don't feel qualified to answer for Paul as to what he meant by being rejected. I'm certain it wasn't in the eternal sense. Perhaps someone else may have an insight on this and be able to provide comment.

I am going to start another thread (shortly, not immediately) on the OVERALL type (for the entire story is pregnant with types and allegories) of the exodus, the wandering, and the entering into the promised land. We're really not doing Pinoy right by derailing his thread like this.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

I believe Paul was speaking of his ministry. Paul had just spoken of how he "became as a Jew" to win Jews to Christ, and became as Gentiles (those not under the law) to win them to Christ. So he is speaking of his ministry.

"I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

Paul in this chapter is speaking of a prize (vs. 24). What is this prize? It is the rewards at the Judgment Seat of Christ shown in 2 Corinthians.

2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1 Cor 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

So, Paul is not speaking of losing salvation, but rewards. If we do those things that are good we shall receive a reward, but if we do things that are not good we shall suffer loss, yet still be saved.