1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus VS today’s gospel of the kingdom

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 1689Dave, Aug 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Papacy is the Antichrist.

2. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amillennial = no millennium. There is no millennium. It is a false doctrine of the Pharisees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apologies to the reader, but I felt the need to address this, even though I have previously expressed my desire not to reply to 1689 Dave's post about this subject...

Jesus revealed to John:

" And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    3 and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
    4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection.
    6 Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
    7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8 and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom [is] as the sand of the sea."
    ( Revelation 20:1-8 ).

4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's how I see it developed, @1689Dave:

1) An angel comes down from Heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a big chain in his hand.
    2) He takes hold of the "dragon" ( Satan ), and binds him for a thousand years.

All this is after the events of Revelation 19, in which the Lord Jesus comes again on a white horse, and all His saints are with Him.
    He has the beast and the false prophet taken and cast into a lake of fire, and their armies slain with the sword of His word.

3) Satan is cast into the bottomless pit, bound in a chain, and shut up and sealed in that pit until that 1,000 years is fulfilled.
    He then shall be loosed for a short amount of time.

4) John sees thrones in Heaven.
    The people that sit on them have had judgment given to them; He also sees the souls of them that were beheaded for the sake of Jesus and for the word of God and they had not worshiped the beast or taken his mark.

They lived and reigned ( from Jerusalem, see the prophecies of Isaiah and Jeremiah ) 1,000 years.

5) The rest of the dead, those who had not died in Christ, did not live again until the 1,000 years were finished.
    This life with Christ constitutes the first resurrection.
    Only true believers will be raised again at the last day ( John 6:44 ), and will rule and reign with Him for that 1,000 years at Jerusalem.

6) Those believers, those raised again at the last day ( John 6:44 ) when the Lord sends His angels forth to gather his elect from the 4 corners of the world ( Matthew 24:29-31 ), are the only people who will take part in the first resurrection, which is to life ( to know God and His Son, John 17:3 ), and are also of those to whom the second death, the Lake of Fire, has no power over them.
    They are the ones who will rule and reign with Him for that 1,000 years.

7) Satan is loosed from his prison after the 1,000 years are expired.

8) He goes out to deceive the nations that have been ruled with a rod ( Revelation 2:27 ) for that 1,000 years and gather's them together for a final battle.

So, just as the prophecies of Christ's first coming were literal, so will be the prophecies of His second coming.

I have no idea where the teaching of "amillennialism" came from ( except perhaps from someone who did not believe the words of this passage above ), but I definitely do not see it as being biblical in the least.
    There are far too many Scriptures that must be conditioned, allegorized or just plain ignored, in my estimation, to make it work.

5. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are reading Phariseeism into this. The 1000 years represent Satan's binding. Notice, when they end he attacks the kingdom so they are not the kingdom.

6. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it with the word of God, Dave.
    If you are unable to prove it with Scriptural declaration, I will not agree to amillennialism.

May God bless you in your studies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    1000 years? A sketch would be;

The angel = Greek for messenger

the chain = the message (gospel); The gospel sent to the whole world.

The 1000 years are not the kingdom. When they end, Satan is loosed, and he attacks the kingdom. So they are not the kingdom

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    (2 Peter 2:10 over view.) That 1000 years does not occur Biblically until Christ's second appearing. Then after the events at the end of the 1000 years the whole current creation comes to an end (Revelation 20:11) for the Judgement - after which there will be the New Heaven and Earth. (2 Peter 3:12-13, Revelation 21:1).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When in the timeframe of Biblical prophecy does the rapture take place?
    When in the timeframe of Biblical prophecy does the marriage supper of the Lamb take place?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what I see...

Matthew 24:39-31.
    Mark 13:24-27.

#30 Dave G, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the end of the world.

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation depicts the end of the world 7 times. But not one of them depicts a millennial kingdom preceding the end. Millennialism hijacked the gospel of the kingdom Jesus preached and turned it into a false gospel originating in Phariseeism.

The end of this false gospel is apostasy when they call for a return to animal sacrifices which is an unforgivable sin according to Hebrews 6. Do you intend to offer animal sacrifices? If so, you probably have already crossed the line.

13. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, you are wrong about the 1000 years but what verse in Hebrews 6 says resumption of Jewish sacrifice in the third temple in Jerusalem is an unforgivable sin?

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews says it is sin unforgivable. If the 1000 years is the kingdom, how can Satan attack the kingdom when they end? Also, 7 times Revelation mentions the end happening without mention of a millennium. How do you explain this?

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm on my cell at the moment & need to get to my desktop to delve into Revelation; however, I have read Hebrews 6 twice and I don't understand which verse exactly you are talking about.

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 6 is a dire warning to those who experienced Christianity but returned to animal sacrifices under the Law. They are reprobate and cannot be saved. This will no doubt expose false Christians who endorse this practice at least in thought. The elect will believe Jesus' gospel of the kingdom because of the New Birth and not consider doing this.

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 6:1 (KJV) Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3 And this will we do, if God permit.

4 For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned.

9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

10 For God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.

15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

16 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation [is] to them an end of all strife.

17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed [it] by an oath:

18 That by two immutable things, in which [it was] impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

19 Which [hope] we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;

20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, [even] Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    = Returning to animal sacrifices is an unforgivable sin that cannot be repented of. I think it would include those who plan on doing it to or teach it as happening in a millennial temple.

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, so now you are going after Daniel? I agree that resuming animals sacrifice in the third temple in Jerusalem is futile but I can't see how you conclude that it is an unforgivable sin. Afterall, we have animal sacrifice in this country in Santeria and I think that law enforcement ignores it.

I just learned that the rainbow has 7 colors but the demonic homosexual rainbow flag only has 6 colors.

20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Animal sacrifice in a supposed third temple replaces Christ's sacrifice on the cross. Ezekiel says it is the real thing. But you miss that it was a symbol of Christ's Death for sin when you make it part of a supposed millennium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.