1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus VS today’s gospel of the kingdom

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 1689Dave, Aug 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derf B

Derf B Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does scripture ever teach David's throne is in heavenly Jerusalem?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biblical reference please.

3. Derf B

Derf B Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if the sacrifices are done for the purpose of atonement and fulfilling the law. If they are done in worship, that’s ok isn’t it?
    Rom 12:1 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Will there ever be a time when it is inappropriate to offer worship to God by giving back to Him some of what He’s given us?

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My friend 1689 is a preterist so he takes a dim view of historic beliefs. I don't know about you but I think future Jewish sacrifices will be useless. We can't even stop Santeria from sacrificing animals in Florida so I can't think that we can tell Jews what to do in a third temple in Jerusalem sometime in the future.. America is very weak because of a heavy debt burden so the domestic enemies of liberty are on a murder and robbery rampage. Do you see any improvement in the future?

5. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was the falling away of the unbelieving Jews. And they further their apostasy along with false Christians thinking they will sacrifice animals again, which is a formal rejection of Christ.

6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “But he answered and said, ‘Every plant which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.” Matthew 15:13 (NCPB)

7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are born again, you should easily see that it's been here since Christ first preached.

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. All of the Reformers include the fact in their creeds. He still controls much of Christendom through false papal doctrines. Can you spot them?

9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who says so?

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no Salvation in Judaism since the curtain in the second temple was rent so I don't know what you are talking about by saying that the Jews fell away. Of course, Jews will sacrifice animals again--who can stop them? Many religions sacrifice animals today. Is that your fault?

11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The early Christians were all Jewish. The rest fell away.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What did the rest fall away from?

Are you responsible for animal sacrifice in the world today?

13. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you plan on offering animal sacrifices in a third temple, You were never saved and have no chance at repentance. Plus you teach a damnable heresy in Premillennialism. = a great falling away.

14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    They rejected Christ just as many calling themselves Christians today do when they preach a third temple with sacrifices.

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sacrifices during the Messianic Age will be ceremonial in nature, much as Communion
    is for us today!

Jesus and His Apostles!

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The scriptures do not say that it will be any Pope though, as that seems to be more like the False prophet!

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ay, ay, ay. Jews who never converted to Christianity could never have fallen away from what they never were as far as I know. I don't plan on sacrificing animals but I am not responsible for what Jews do and I am not responsible for what Hindus, Muslims, and Santeria do either, although you may be responsible for them if you think that I am. As for your remark about premillennialism, let me just say that I am looking for the blessed hope even if you are not. Titus 2:13 (KJV) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's my point--if you reject Christ, how is that falling away, since you never belonged in the first place. I don't see how thinking that the Jews will build a third temple and start sacrificing animals is some sort of sin. I know that thought is sin and theological error is sin but I don't see that thinking what the Jews are going to do next when it is in the newspapers that they are working night and day in that direction is any sort of anything beyond reading the newspapers.

19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does Paul mean "great falling away"? It is a mass departure of tares form Christendom as happened with Catholicism and the Papal Antichrist. And you teach the same apostasy which either deludes those who are saved or adds numbers to the false prophecy of Premillennialism. Condemned as Heresy by the early church.

20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    They fell away from biblical Judaism which became Christianity when they rejected Christ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.