1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Job's Resurrection Verse: Job 19:25-26

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Sep 10, 2014.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    delete.

Forget it.

#81 asterisktom, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, you know exactly where to begin because I spell it out clearly in orderly questions. You couldn't respond to my first post and when I spell out exactly what you did not respond to, you still can't respond simply because there is no response possible as your error is self-evident. Wise on your part not to try.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Sure you can "say" it but you can't prove it can you? If you could prove it you would but you can't and here is why:

For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

The term "both" refers to only TWO classifications not three.

"angel" is a "spirit" without a physical body. Thus consisting of ONE classification. Hence, if there is no conscious existence apart from a physical body, then there is nothing to unite the body with in resurrection - hence the Sadducees believe in no resurrection of the physical body. That is his point.

Furthermore, the Pharisees do believe in the physical bodily resurrection and that is the POINT OF CONTRAST and it is clearly stated:

But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question. - v. 7

Notice that Paul says he is being called into question concerning "THE DEAD"! Surely you don't believe the Christian spirit is dead? Surely you don't believe the "metaphorical" body of Christ the church is "dead"? What is dead then? It is the PHYSICAL BODY that is dead and that is why he SIDES WITH THE PHARISEES against the Sadducees. Your response?

#83 The Biblicist, Sep 21, 2014
  4. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man you are really full of yourself. You will notice I deleted my response to you, but not before you wrote the above, I guess. If chest thumping is what you want to do, go for it.

In a day or two I hope to continue these topics, but not to you. I'm not interesting in irritating arguments.

Edit: Just to be clear. Yes, I know this is a debate forum. But there is a difference between respectful debate and mere argument. Because my time here is limited - now much more now that classes have started - I prefer to discuss these topics here with those who are respectful. I don't care if they disagree with me. I come to expect it, in fact. But there is no reason there can't also be civility.

Is that so unreasonable?

#84 asterisktom, Sep 21, 2014
  5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

If you could answer the objections you would - simple as that! Instead you do what every person caught in error does, change the subject and make it a personal attack. Attack the messenger and run as fast as you can from the message. My objections are laid out clearly and you have yet to even provide any substantial response - none, zilch, nada! This is a "debate" forum but where is your response?????

#85 The Biblicist, Sep 21, 2014
  6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh, the irony.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I would like to know why a person who denies a fundemental of Christianity (Heb. 6:1-3) even allowed on this forum? Would we allow Jehovah's Witnesses on this forum if they called themselves "Baptist"???

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You deny the second Coming, and the physical resurrection of jesus and his saints, aren't both of those views called heresy?

9. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Denying the physical resurrection of Jesus is heresy, yes.

But I do believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus.

For the 1000th time.:BangHead:

The Bible does teach about Christ coming again, and He did in AD 70. It does not teach the physcal resurrection of the saints.

10. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm telling you guys... it's a waste of time. He is a hypocrite. And when he can't stand the heat, he doesn't get out of the kitchen, he just starts putting people on ignore.

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Your view is logically inconsistent and Biblically inconsistent. Why should Christ be physically raised? What is the point? It must be important as the very qualfiication for being an apostle is to be an eye witness of the physical bodily resurrected Christ! Why is that essential for anything? Paul gives a specific answer in 1 Corinthians 15:1-20 but you repudiate his answer!

Your view is heretical as Paul explicitly states that all who deny a physical resurrection of "THE DEAD" or those "in Christ" which already "sleep" are FALSE WITNESSES!

They are already "in Christ" but need resurrection! They are physically "dead" but need resurrection! What is it that is "dead" about them that needs resurrection? The word "resurrection" means to "raise up" but you cannot "rase up" what never went DOWN!

If the dead body of Christ did not rise there is no future victory over death for ANYBODY because sin has not been satisfied or else death would not be victorious over your physical body! The resurrection removes the principle of "corruption" from what had been corrupted by it - your physical body. It then becomes a "spiritual" body because the "flesh" nature or sin nature has been removed and it is no more under the rule of sin but under the rule of the Spirit - thus "spiritual."

"Flesh and blood" is metaphorical for all under natural corruption of sin or those who have a sin nature dominating their physical body. Jesus is never referred to as "flesh and blood" even though his body was LITERALLY flesh and blood. It is a metaphor for those under NATURAL CORRUPTION or Corruptible man.

Hence, all who hold your view are genuine heretics as your position repudiates the gospel of Jesus Christ, indeed, it repudiates the whole truth of salvation and makes our hope vain and demands we are still in our sins.

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when jesus comes back to earth, and ALL of the saints both dead and living were glorified, that all happened in AD 70. but NO historian ever recorded that event?