1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Joe Biden Is a Moron

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Bro. Curtis, Apr 22, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Newflash: They work for me, I don't work for them, or take orders form them. I took orders from Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, and Bush 41 because at various times they were my commander-in-chief when I was in the military. I'm not anymore, and they have no power to dictate to anyone outside of the military. So your constant yapping about "they have authority over you" is empty, baseless, and wrong. They are not kings, princes, or dictators -- though it's pretty obvious they aspire to the last. Other than that, have a blessed day.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Newsflash for you: Scripture makes it quite clear what governing authorities are. And though you nor a lot of Christian conservatives want to place yourself underneath the authority of President Obama, GOD has placed him over you in authority and there's not a thing you can do about it except willfully disobey God's command to honor and respect him and Joe Biden.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
    Romans 13:1-7

This type of mass disobedience that is pervading throughout the church is again perhaps why God keeps giving His people exactly what they don't want just as HE did with ISrael again and again because of their unrepentant disobedience.

3. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Interesting discussion. I'm involved in a similar conversation on FB. Though instead of just name-calling, the individual is talking about the possibility of future rebellion against the government.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

RL it really is sad. The dishonor and disrespect coming out of the church is so unfortunate. We've been given the opportunity to showcase why the Body of Christ is different. And all the majority want to do is show that they don't have to honor and respect those authorities if they don't want to because of the political affiliation or because of some policy. If the policies aren't in opposition to God's word and Congress passes them, we just need to get over it and obey God and work within the law to change the policies if possible.

But to willfully disobey God's command has us looking just like Israel before He said ENOUGH, I'm moving on to the GEntiles.

Maybe we have to get so willfully disobedient for Him to say ENOUGH, I'm moving back to give the Jews another chance and thus the Tribulation period.

5. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Agreed. We obey God, through submitting to those over us, whether they are Christian or pagan. We only disobey, when submitting to God conflicts with submitting to government. Daniel, his 3 friends, the Lord Jesus and the apostles in Acts for example.

There you lost me. I disagree with that whole eschatological scheme, but point taken.

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

Double newsflash: What I said is how a democracy works, which is precisely why I said these two yahoos are neither king, prince, nor dictator. So get off your high horse and learn how our system functions.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Triple newsflash: What you said is irrelevant. God's word trumps yours and HE says governing authorities and whether or not you THINK it to be, He has placed you under that authority. And the willful disobedience from you and those who think like you continues to be a black eye on the church.

So get off your highhorse and realize that your learnedness and democracy don't mean a hill of beans when God has spoken.

So it's noted now just as it was back during the election season how fickle Christians can be about obedience to God's command when politics is involved.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist