JOHN MACARTHUR AND ASSURANCE

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Steven_15, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the Lords Prayer Jesus tells us to pray daily for the forgiveness of sins

I john says that if we say that we are without sin, we lie and the truth is not in is

Grace and peace to you

Rom 5:1

2. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not given faith to inherit health and wealth. Don't assume the same for others. Don't misinterpret Jesus and James.

3. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though you claim to know the moral law, you commit sin every day and seek grace for forgiveness. Do you stop sinning? No. You continue sinning till your last breath. Then why do you accuse others as sinners who violate the moral law as you do?

4. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't trust the moral law and accuse/judge others? Do you do these?

5. Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Timothy 5:20

6. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you reprove church members remember the following:

When you use the term "sin", you presuppose you know the moral law. Jesus stated the moral law in "Be perfect as the Father is perfect" and which refers to the Father's expectation from humans in order for them to be accepted by Him.
    But when you claim to confess & shun only the known sins, you are lowering the bar of the moral law to your favor in order to please God and be self-satisfied. But God doesn't accept that according to Mathew 5:48. Either surrender "God I can never please You by my works of the moral law and I believe You accept me only for the sake of Your Son's perfect works" or fulfill the law perfectly. Avoid pretending to have pleased God with a diluted moral law.

7. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not the will of God to have all saved experience physical health and blessings, see hebrews 11, some did, but many did not, and both equally faithful!

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you manage to get to a sinless perfection state yet?

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL vilolate the Moral Law of God when the standard is doing it as well as Jesus did!

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    if one seeks to be justified before God by keeping the Moral law perfectly, they are deluded, and that is why we have the good news of the Gospel of Grace!

11. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want to remain sick, go ahead & remain sick. But don't make it a doctrine and discourage other christians who want to be healed distorting Hebrews chapter 11.

Don't confuse between bodily redemption and healing by faith. Healing by faith is in Christ's atonement (Isaiah 53:4; Mathew 8:17).

Remember, there are "consequences" for refusal to believe in Christ's atonement. Don't confuse those "consequences" with genuine suffering which helps to grow in faith.

12. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So don't accuse or judge anyone as sinners. When you tell others to repent do not pretend you are sinless!

13. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember that when reproving others to repent!

14. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you sinless?

15. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of us are, not even, the Apostle Paul... Brother Glen:)

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

16. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question was to Yeshua1 who seems to accuse/judge felliw christians who live in sin.

17. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is nothing new... Welcome to the board... You gotta to learn to roll with the punches... Some brethren are here are to legalistic... Brother Glen:)

18. Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The only way that anyone can be pleasing to God is thru the imputed righteousness of Chtist

19. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the welcome Bro.

The issue was about a couple in one of the church leadership position who were in a live-in relationship and the church committee set an enquiry as urged by some church members. Eventually the couple were accused and they replied. I asked how the committee ought to have responded in this forum.

20. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They should have been removed until they got their act together and then they could have been restored to the church... I know of where I speak because something but not of this nature happened to me... After a time when I showed true repentance, I was restored in full fellowship... To many time we dwell on condemnation but if the member ask for forgiveness, we often forget there is also restoration... Spurgeon called the church, "A Hospital For Sinners"... We put ourselves above others, we are not and we ALL walk with feet of clay... Brother Glen:)

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

But we must also follow the guideline set up for the church in Matthew 18

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.