1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jorge Shailer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jorge Shailer Baker, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Jorge Shailer Baker

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, God bless you all!
    I'm really happy to be here, I registered several weeks ago but I wasn't able to get the confirmation email until today, I'm glad I tried again and again until finally I'm able to send this post.

My name is Jorge Shailer, I'm from Panama, I'm a member of "Iglesia Bautista el Dorado" in Panama City, under Pastor Ricardo Fernandez.

Here is the website of the church: Inicio (iglesiabautistaeldorado.net)
    Here is the YouTube channel with the weekly sermons by Pastor Ricardo: IBED EL DORADO - YouTube

I hope to attend next year the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary to get the in Bs in Pastoral Ministry and then continue to the master's in theology.

This year I'll like to do a Bible Study of the entire Bible, please let me know if you have a group starting, either in english or spanish. My resources are mostly in spanish, but I can try to get also commentaries, and other resources in english if necessary.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!

J.S.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's people are everywhere... Grew up in San Diego, CA, and was there for 57 years, being 25 miles from the boarder you would think I would know Spanish... no comprende... Glad you are getting what you need and now you have found your way here... Welcome to the BB... We are ready for you... The question is are you ready for us?... Sometime it can get, shall I say lively on here... So Jorge take off your coat and sit a spell... Brother Glen:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome. I look forward to reading your posts (I see you've started some Bible studies) and interacting with you.

Blessings

4. Jorge Shailer Baker

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you JonC!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jorge Shailer Baker

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you brother Glen! my great grandfather came to Panama for the Panama Canal Construction (he was a civil engineer graduated from Norwich University, he was from Shailerville / Haddam, CT; I hope to travel to Haddam CT one day to see the place where he lived and my ancestors.

I'll do my best to be a blessing to all of you!

God bless you!

J.S.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Piper

Piper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter