1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Just how smart are these never Trumpers?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Seriously? SMH.

I'm just a realist and recognize that there is a growing contingent of angry white men inside and outside the church who act like everything BUT followers of Jesus Christ.

And even sadder is the fact that so many are hitching their wagons to a lost narcissist who acts less like Christ than anyone I've seen in a long time.

But as I've said many times in the past, anger will make some of yall do some really crazy things. It caused the bunch of you to support a man in 2012 who rejects Jesus Christ because you wanted to win an election.

That in itself is just sad.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

blessedwife, you're on a roll!:Thumbsup:Thumbsup

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, I just call it like I see it.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All this talk about 2020, to me, is simply being overly optimistic. My guesstimate is that there is a 95+% chance of no more "REAL" elections if the hildebeast wins - any legitimate voting will be just history.
    Frankly, I'm still aprehensive that the ZERO is going to try to pull some stunt before his official "firing" to suspend the '16 election. Yeah I know, I'm being paranoid, but judging by past actions, I simply DO NOT TRUST this yokel to act anywhere near sane as the crown is being stripped from his noggin!!
    So keep in the back of your mind that there just may be no opportunity to reclaim a conservative influence in gov't if, IF we don't take this one POSSIBLE opportuunity now.
    So, to each his own!

5. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That ship already sailed. As many people have pointed out no conservative has a chance of winning this election.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. Tendor

Tendor Member

You may be overestimating his ability.There is no guarantee that he will be back again in four years. Trump dispises losers and if he loses he would qualify as a loser on a national scale. I am sure that there will be people who will say that the election was rigged against him, but there will be a lot of people who will not view him as a winner anymore. But, for the sake of argument lets say that the majority of his supporter hold to the belief that the election was rigged. Who is to say that the next time he runs for office the election won't be rigged against him again? By that point, he would have already proven that he can't win a rigged election.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Successful people have many losing moments. Trump has many losses under his belt. I great leader continues on as has Trump. This is why he ultimately was successful in business, he didn't give up. Trump does not retreat. If he loses he will not fade away.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well Jordon, No one here that I know thinks that it is. No one should ever conflate the two. However, Christians can make a difference by participating in the shaping of their government, which is what the debates are about on this board. There really should not be such a thing as a Christian democrat in 2016 for any party that embraces the murder of innocent children should be flatly rejected. The democratic party today is not the same as the 1960s and should disqualified as Christian for supporting such abomination.

Now as far as "things will only continue to get worse", yes it will for that is what the scriptures declare and politics will not change that. We as Christians fight for righteousness because that is what we are called to do until the rapture comes. This is why I speak up for those in the womb whom cannot speak for themselves. I will not dismiss the horror of abortion under the guise of a women's choice. Can you imagine Jesus counseling a young pregnant girl, maybe due to being raped by a stranger or even one of her own family, and telling her she could just kill the baby before it gets born?? We Christians represent Jesus Christ and either we do that godly or ungodly towards our own judgment to come.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you truly believe what you stated above, then why are you wasting so much energy with your vicious repetitive condemnations of Trump?
    I agree with you up to about 75%, but that other 25% is hoping that - though the actuality is iffy - the '20 election will have seen some positive reversals of politics; and while no real conservative is going to be elected THIS time, there is hope for next time - unless the hildebeast gains the crown, in which case ----------.
    If I fully believed as you appear to, I'd just go read the comics & watch cartoons until the hammer fell!
    Conservatism has lost this go-round; just hoping enough of the system is kept intact until we have one more chance, & how this election goes could very well be the determining factor in that scenario.

11. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not wasted energy, it's staking a position and holding to it. My conscience will not allow me to stay silent as I watch conservativism be usurped by the Trump Party.

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just curious as to what you believe Trump would do that would not be conservative.

13. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has already done things that are not conservative. His convention speech was how he alone could solve all the problems in the US. Conservatives on the other hand think that getting the government out of the way would go a long way to solving problems in the US. As Reagan put it "government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."

Attacking a native born judge, because of her Hispanic last name is not Conservative.

Kicking people out for having the Constitution on them is not Conservative.

Telling supporters to beat up a protestor is not Conservative.

Praising Planned Parenthood is not Conservative.

Attacking freedom of the press is not Conservative.

Wanting to Put more regulations on business is not Conservative.

Just a few examples off the top of my head. I apologize for not having links to all the above but I'm not on a computer, but most of them I know I have linked in the past with Trump himself speaking.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yes let's just all be Republicans and hate our neighbors while advocating the murder of adults.:rolleyes:

Pure foolishness. You're not fighting for righteousness by supporting a man who is unrighteous and against Christ with every word that comes out of his mouth. Yall are fighting to "make America white again".
    You're fighting for the life of a political party .
    Not everybody is stupid. We hear the dog whistle. Just ask the supremacists flocking to DT.

It really is sad how any CHristian could support either of the last two GOP Presidential nominees

A lot of folks in Christendom as a whole need to stop this farce of being pro-life. This hypocrisy is perhaps the cause of abortion because folks are constantly listening to some of you talking about the horrors of abortion out one side of your necks while advocating capital punishment and the taking of another life out the other side of your necks.

That blatant hypocrisy places the onus of 50 million abortions right back in the laps of hypocritical CHristians.:Thumbsdown

This Christian hypocrisy tells folks getting an abortion everyday that life must not mean what some of you try to pretend it means to ya. And if Christians can advocate taking a life, then by golly they shouldn't have anything to say about abortion.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are calling Jesus Christ a hypocrite. Christ supports government capital punishment. Christ supports self defense of the innocent. Christ condemns the murder of the innocent. You not understanding the differences does not make Christ or Christians hypocrites.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So a conservative is one who would get elected and repeal all regulations on businesses. Would not enforce immigration laws. Would not criticize the press.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man stop the histrionics. Does Jesus support government divorce? The same government that sanctions capital punishment sanctions abortion and divorce. And you've read NOWHERE in Scripture that Jesus supports that wickedness. He allows it. That is not support.

Folks need to stop with this hypocrisy.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually Jesus ordered capital punishment to be carried out in the OT.

19. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No a Conservatives is one who respects the Constitution. A Conservative is one that respects freedom and individualism. Attacking the 1st Amendment is not Conservative. Attacking someone based on their last name is not Conservative. Adding more red tape to business is not Conservative. I said nothing about immigration in my list so not sure why you brought that up.
    Donald Trump is an Authoritarian, strong man which is the opposite of Conservativism. And I as a Conservatives will not be bullied or guilted into giving him any kind of tacit endorsement or support for an authoritarian government.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Jesus is GOD. HE again can order it whenever HE wants. HE stopped doing so after the Cross.