1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Just how smart are these never Trumpers?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Aug 26, 2016.

1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He didn't win a majority that is the problem. If someone can't win 51% of the Republican vote they should not be the nominee. He is not hated by the establishment, Reince Priebus has done everything in his power to help Trump. The only person rigging the convention was Trump and his establishment allies. Making someone get 51% of Republicans votes is more democratic not less so no matter what Trump and his supporters want me to think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a veteran and as another veteran has said we are still under out vow to protect this nation.

My opinion:
    Also every non felony citizen has a right under the second amendment to own and use a firearm to protect the life and limb of himself and others when necessary, thereby making EVERY citizen an agent to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Romans 13:4.

HankD

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with 51% philosophy which doesn't solve the problem of more than 2 candidates with no one winning a majority.

OK the establishment of RINO's and Neo-cons hate him proven by their actions e.g. Bush, McCain, Romney and all those who chose not to attend the RNC delegate selection fiasco.

Yes it's Russian Roulette voting for Trump but it's certain death for our "republic" if our comrade queen is coronated.

As I said before I understand and respect your position. Mine is different.

In a perfect world I would vote for an unblemished pro-life candidate with a philosophy of a pure constitutional government who had a credible chance of winning (even a questionable credible chance).

Not the case this time around.

But we can pray for a miracle.

Until then... November the 8th is just around the corner.

HankD

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple run off elections. Keep eliminating people that don't meet a threshold. That would have given us a Cruz v Trump run off, where one of the 2 would have gotten over 50%.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK Good. Problem area would be the "threshold" and who decides what it is, but a workable solution.

HankD

6. Tendor

Tendor Member

Trump doesn't retreat? There is not one time where he said something and then changed his views at a later time? Of course, you could be right I don't have the gift of prophesy like you appear to have. Because of this lack of ability on my part I can't say for certain that he will fade away.

• Like Like x 1
  7. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is always retreating on his views. Just ask Ann Coulter. She learned this the hard way last week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is called "evolving". You know, like Obama saying he was against gay marriage and then after he got elected "evolved" his view to pro gay marriage. Hillary had the same "evolving" also. Nothing to do with lying to get elected of course. Trump hasn't even been elected yet, at least he is truthful about his evolving BEFORE people vote for him.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh poor Ann. What is she upset about?

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He made her, Limbaugh and Palin "squirm".

http://observer.com/2016/08/limbaugh-coulter-and-palin-squirm-over-trump-immigration-retreat/

He apparently has "evolved" (aka "flip-flopped") on his unyielding 11 million illegal alien deportation promise.

Unless there is renewal this evening of that promise, this time I believe he will hurt himself probably with no hope of recovery.

But you never know with Trump especially if Coulter, Limbaugh and Palin bail him out and/or Hillary is indicted and imprisoned.

HankD

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did these folks really believe 11 million people were going to be rounded up and deported??? I'm not a very smart man, but even I know hyperbole when I see it. The bottom line is Trump is the only one willing to address the problem. What is Hillary's plan? Oh that's right, just leave the border the way it is.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never trumpers are smart enough. They're just selfish and they try to cloak it in self righteousness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tendor

Tendor Member

I find it interesting that you giving examples of how Trump is "evolving" like how Obama and Hillary evolved. By the way, people already voted for Trump during the primaries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tendor

Tendor Member

Really? Have you meet every Never Trumper? That is the only way you could make that claim with any legitimacy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're hilarious. Trump's main building block of his primary campaign was The Big, Beautiful Wall, deporting 11 million illegal immigrants, and blocking Muslims from entering the U.S. He got the GOP nomination from running on these issues. Yes, people really believed him.

Now his plan is to deport the 2 million or so criminal illegal immigrants, build the Wall (both physical and with virtual components) and block immigration from nations known to harbor terrorists. We'll "get around" to the other illegals at a later date. Oh, and many of them will be able to stay in the U.S. He wants a deportation force of 5,000 new agents. Rubio's plan, which was derided by the same people that now support Trump called for 19,000 new deportation agents.

I got news for you--deporting criminal illegals and blocking immigration from nations that harbor terrorists is basically Obama's policy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha ha! Yes, that was classic. She said in her newly released book that the only thing that would get her to stop supporting Trump is if he backtracked on his immigration plan, and then he did exactly that! And on the day that her book was released! Sweet irony.... And then she rationalized her continued support of Trump. Who's the dummies?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did he say he was actually going to deport them

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Triple the number of ICE officers. As the President of the ICE Officers’ Council explained in Congressional testimony: “Only approximately 5,000 officers and agents within ICE perform the lion’s share of ICE’s immigration mission…Compare that to the Los Angeles Police Department at approximately 10,000 officers. Approximately 5,000 officers in ICE cover 50 states, Puerto Rico and Guam, and are attempting to enforce immigration law against 11 million illegal aliens already in the interior of the United States. Since 9-11, the U.S. Border Patrol has tripled in size, while ICE’s immigration enforcement arm, Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), has remained at relatively the same size.”
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform

Donald Trump promises 'deportation force' to remove 11 million
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/11/politics/donald-trump-deportation-force-debate-immigration/

19. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok working to enforce our immigration laws already on the books, using an agency already established does not prove some sort of hunt down and mass deportation. You guys are reading to much into what he is saying beyond what he means. however, there is no doubt he intends that all illegals go home and I certainly support that.