KEEPING G THE LAW -is not an OPTION!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Claudia_T New Member

DAVID WAS NOT SAVED WHILE COMMITTING ADULTERY!

Nathan the prophet was bidden to bear a message of reproof to David. It was a message terrible in its severity. Nathan delivered the divine sentence unflinchingly, yet with such heaven-born wisdom as to engage the sympathies of the king, to arouse his conscience, and to call from his lips the sentence of death upon himself. . . .

The prophet Nathan's parable of the ewe lamb, given to King David, tells us that David was under condemnation before his repentence. . . . While he was following his course of self-indulgence and commandment breaking, the parable of a rich man who took from a poor man his one ewe lamb, was presented before him. But the king was so completely wrapped in his garments of sin, that he did not see that he was the sinner. He fell into the trap, and . . . passed his sentence upon another man, as he supposed, condemning him to death. . . .

2 Samuel 12:
    1: And the LORD sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.
    2: The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:
    3: But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.
    4: And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.
    5: And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:
    6: And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.
    7: And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man.

2. gekko New Member

is this your work or is it someone elses? if someone elses... where's the link?

3. Dustin New Member

I love heated discussions and the veiws of others! Bob, I might need to study a bit more, but I see more instances that support the sovereignty of God than the Arminian POV. I do not argue against God's Law. You should be careful to judge so harshly, please don't be prideful because of something I said, as I don't want to cause a brother to sin.

Grace and peace,
    Dustin

4. Dustin New Member

5. Dustin New Member

Ok, on topic now, I think that apart from the grace of God, we cannot keep the Law or Ten Commandments.

6. Brother Bob New Member

Ed, I think you know the answer to that from reading what I have posted since being on BB. Of course I want to be associated with Scriptural believers and think I am or would be looking.

I thank you for your answers to my questions and I agree that the people under the law were not some kind of aliens but indeed were like us with all of our faults. Also, took faith, sacrifice and circumcision as we also must do and have today. ( I know you already know the difference in sacrifice and circumcision so I not go into that.) I do not believe that multible women are allowed to one man today. I believe it is adultery and that is why I don't consider it a fair comparison of David and the question I asked about a man being in the very act of adultery and crying to God for redemption at the same time. I don't think God would hear such a cry.
    Now to the one committing adultery with his father's wife. I agree he was in the physical church but I do not believe he was saved. I am one who believes that a saved person is kept by the power of God and can not do such acts, therefore Paul told them to cast such a one from among them (as us Kentuckians call it, exclude them.) I admit to not explaining things well at times for don't like all this typing and using words that really don't fit the question. I respond usually with few words as possible for I think people will be mor apt to read or listen than if we rant on and on. In doing so though I sometimes have things in my mind that don't get into the writings so the reader can't read my mind. We have a preacher who compares everything in the OT as if it were Jesus and I don't like it or agree with it and it really upsets me to hear it even though there are some things it was a type an figure of Jesus and I love those but everything in OT does not represent Jesus. So now I am ranting on and on. Hope I have made myself clear though. I respect your veiw and that is why I was surprised to your post.

BBob

7. Brother Bob New Member

Dustin;

Then the young man was lying to Jesus and the Lord didn't call him on it.

8. Dustin New Member

Gerhard, thanks for your encouragement, may the Lord richly bless you, and all on this board!

Grace and Peace,
    Dustin

9. Dustin New Member

Dustin;

Then the young man was lying to Jesus and the Lord didn't call him on it.

I'm confused, you're talking about this: Let the dead bury the dead. They at least chose on their own to bury their dead so I wonder why they can't choose other things? :I assume.

I don't know, I haven't looked into it. But as soon as I read up on it, I will share my view. I also apologize to you, if I offended you, I was probably too zealous in my views. I remember something that me and my friends from church talk about whenever we meet for edification: growing in grace, speaking with grace, and speaking to edify brethren. I'm convicted to do that more, to the glory of God. So, anyone I've offended on this post, I apologize! May God bless you all!

10. Dustin New Member

Gekko! 308 posts!

11. Brother Bob New Member

NP Dustin; Same here and may God's Blessings,

Both about the young man, but he said he had kept the law to the Lord who surely would of known if he was lying.

TEN COMMANDMENTS

Ten Commandments

12. Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Dustin: Ok, on topic now, I think that apart from the grace of God, we cannot keep the Law or Ten Commandments.

May I say hello to those on this thread? I am new to the list and this being my first post I would desire to ask Dustin a question concerning his remark. It would appear, at least at first glance, that there might be a problem existing between the words of the Apostle Paul and yourself concerning keeping the law. What would be your explanation as to this seeming or possible contradiction of thinking between yourself and the Apostle? “ (Paul) earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.” Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Heavenly Pilgrim

13. Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Dustin: Ok, on topic now, I think that apart from the grace of God, we cannot keep the Law or Ten Commandments.

May I say hello to those on this thread? I am new to the list and this being my first post I would desire to ask Dustin a question concerning his remark. It would appear, at least at first glance, that there might be a problem existing between the words of the Apostle Paul and yourself concerning keeping the law. What would be your explanation as to this seeming or possible contradiction of thinking between yourself and the Apostle? “ (Paul) earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day.” Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

14. Dustin New Member

I'm sorry I don't know what you're asking.

15. Brother Bob New Member

Dustin;
    He is saying Paul said he was blameless in keeping the Law but if I understand you by the Grace of God you can keep it too right.

link

TEN COMMANDMENTS

Ten Commandments

16. Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Dustin,
    I simply see a possible contradiction between what you say, ( “we cannot keep the law or ten commandments apart from the grace of God”) and the words of the Apostle which speak to a time frame previous to God’s grace in salvation in which he claims to have lived according to the law, blameless. What you seem to be saying is impossible, Paul appears to have testified as doing.

17. Brother Bob New Member

Heavenly;
    Please go to the link on the previous post and read my version of keeping the Ten I wrote in 1996

18. EdSutton New Member

I believe here you are referring to Claudia's post, unless I'm mistaken. Do you really not know the answer to your question? Just Askin'.

Ed

19. Dustin New Member

Oh, Pilgrim, are you talking about justified by the Law v.s. justified by Grace?

20. Brother Bob New Member

He is talking about the following Scripture.

Philippians, chapter 3

"4": Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

"5": Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of

Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

"6": Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

"7": But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.