1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kids ministry

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by steveo, Aug 20, 2009.

1. steveo

steveo New Member

Do you have parents that belong to other churchs that bring their kids to your kids ministry because they have no kids ministry, and if so has there been any problems?

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It happens with VBS a lot. One church I was a member of had VBS in the city park on neutral ground and many more kids came. We never experienced any problems.

3. steveo

steveo New Member

I think its great to have any kids especially at vbs since it is short term & I would love to see any kid saved, but we are dealing with parents wanting to bring kids to our Awanas night since their church doesn't have a kids ministry. I kind of feel like saying, why don't you start one at your church, because sometimes I feel it is just babysitting for many, but I guess this happens.

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it does happen, but it's an opportunity for ministry to the family. We have found that of kids are having a great time at a church ministry, the parents will begin to follow.

For us, the VBS is an issue. Starting every Spring we have parents scheduling the VBS's for their children during the summer. This week at the baptist chrch, next week at the methodists and so on through the summer. By the time, August rolls around, the kids could teach the lessons. :tongue3: But, we are still trying to reach kids and then bring in the family. We station adults who like to talk to adults to the back of the auditorium when VBS closes to try to engage the parents in conversation and invite them to church. It hasn't been greatly successful, but we keep trying.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

We have had Bible School for adults as well, with this same purpose in mind.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Since we're the largest church in the area, we do have many attend our children's programs who do not attend our church. Our only issue is that none of the parents can work in the ministry unless they're members at our church but to have their children attend the children's programs is absolutely fine. :)