1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV Store vs Church Bible Publishers vs Local Church Bible Publishers

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Captain, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Captain

Captain New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning all, I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. I am curious if anyone could give me their opinion on these three companies, I am looking for a KJV Note Takers Bible and these three companies are the ones I have come across. As of this minute, from what I have seen on You Tube, I am leaning towards Church Bible Publishers. The KJV Store has their note takers in red letter but it is $40 more than the black letter I am currently leaning to on Church Bible Publisher.

https://churchbiblepublishers.com/s...ack-letter-notetakers-corporate-series-black/

KJV Note Takers Bible - Lambskin Edition

It is not exactly an apples to apples comparison because the covers are made of different leather and one is red letter and the other one isn't. To me the difference in leather and the red letter doesn't justify for me to spend the extra money.

I have only used a Thompson Chain Reference Bible as my primary Bible for 32+ years before I purchased a Macarthur NAS Second Edition like a month ago. I simply do not have the room in the margins for notes in my Thompson and it has been well "loved" which has caused some tension in my house because my wife and son both want it when I pass. Ironically I am only 40. Haha, thanks for the insight everyone. Have a great day.

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to distract you from those you are looking at, but I thought I would mention another one that is similar but different -- the Bearing Precious Seed Wide Margin Bible. The primary difference -- as far as the note taking goes -- is that the BPS Bible has wide margins all around, while the Note Takers Bible has extra wide margins on the outside.