Knowledge, Wisdom, Theology and Understanding

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Old Union Brother, Dec 26, 2010.

1. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who make statements like this one;

Is it really? Then you have no idea of the power of God. Just look at what God did for Moses a man not exactly good with words.

The preaching of Gods word is foolishness.

Actually The God who inspired the scriptures, inspired Paul to write;

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Of course you might not understand being so educated but, scripture was writen for the uneducated. The poor who couldn't afford school. All the disciples were just ordinary men who Christ hand picked. They all preached the gospel with the exception of Judas.

Another here wrote;
    Sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me. John wrote;

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Of course we need teachers like the two of you. For what??????????????? Since all true believers have been anointed with the Holy Spirit. What the layman needs is just enough sense to realize what you teach may not line up with scripture. Then be able to read the scriptures for themselves. Then check everything we hear from teachers so that we know we aren't being deceived by men who think they are who we all need to come to for knowledge. You're not the first to think this way the Catholics have been doing it for centuries

MB

2. Luke2427 Active Member

It's what the Bible the says, MB. Not teachers like us- but teachers. That is the word of God- it is plain for all to see.

Speaking of Moses, there was also a man named Korah who challenged Moses' insight and said God could speak to him and his just as well as Moses.

This arrogance so enraged the Almighty that he opened the earth beneath Korah and his followers and swallowed him alive into hell.

Numbers 16.

3. Luke2427 Active Member

I could not load the plug ins for this radio station. I could peruse the site and I can tell it is dynamite. I wish I could get access to it.

4. preacher4truth Active Member

Yes. It must be your settings. There is no other reason that I foresee. What are you using for browser?

5. Luke2427 Active Member

I don't know really- Mozilla is the- whatever. Google is the search engine.

6. preacher4truth Active Member

Windows you using?

Why not IE?

If you can figure this out, you will be blessed, if not, tell me where you are at in Mississippi, and I will tell you where you can get it on radio.

It may not be on radio where you are, but might be.

7. preacher4truth Active Member

If you are anywhere near Memphis, try 640 AM or 90.5 FM.

That is it for Mississippi.

Other than that you have the web.

8. menageriekeeper Active Member

Well I'm not MB, but I'm going to respond to this.

1) Korah didn't have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit
    2) Korah wasn't a believer or he wouldn't have challenged Moses in the first place. The Isrealites faith was supposed to be in God, not Moses. That Korah challenged Moses shows that he had no faith in the clear signs that God had given much less that God intended for Moses to be His mouthpiece.

BAck to what I've said before. Teachers have their place but it is the responsibility of the individual to determine if those teachers are worth their salt or not and we do that by comparing what the teachers say to what scripture says. If Korah had practiced this he'd have had to admit that God had put Moses in authority. But Korah failed to test the spirits and followed after his own lusts (in this case the lust for power) and suffered the consequences.

9. SRBooe New Member

Your intent for asking this question is not understood.

10. preacher4truth Active Member

This isn't hard, so quit pretending, OK?

You said:

So I asked the question:

Which is what I am asking you to answer directly.

Get it now? It's simple, really.

11. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it is the Bible that says we have no need of anyone to teach us. And it says it for the Christians who have the Holy Spirit dwelling in side of them. The men in the old testament had no Holy Spirit to dwell inside of them, to teach them.
    MB

12. Luke2427 Active Member

No, the passage you must be referring to is in I John and he certainly does not mean that Christians do not need teachers for anything- just that particular thing he was addressing.

The Bible is clear. God has gifted some to teach for the edification of the body of the Christ.

13. Old Union Brother New Member

Luke I agree with you on the placement of teachers in the church.

I think that we just need to let the scriptures speak:

(1Co 12:27) Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

(1Co 12:28) And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

(1Co 12:31) But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

(Eph 4:11) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

(Eph 4:12) For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

14. Luke2427 Active Member

Very good. Thanks OUB.