1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Left vs Right" - Politics is a farce.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ceegen, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key phrase is "get the job". The Democrat candidate is one-termer Amy Kloubuchar, who is eminently beatable. She hasn't distinguished herself in 6 years in the Senate. Yes, I know that freshman senators usually keep quiet, but she hasn't found an issue to champion or built many connections in the Senate.

http://www.amyklobuchar.com/

The Minnesota GOP should have selected someone else. While I find Kurt Bills fresh, charismatic and likable, I wonder if he can get fundraising support from the GOP core. If he wins it would be a major upset.

2. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To get back on topic....

Left vs. Right, Farce?

Consider the position the party platform take on the issues and I cannot see how you can claim there is no difference.

Abortion
    Gay marriage
    Stem cell research
    Taxes
    Health care
    Gun control
    Government spending
    Energy and oil
    Military spending

3. Ceegen

Ceegen New Member

If getting financial support from the establishment GOP is his only problem, then do you not see the problem that itself presents?

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you rephrase your statement, I can't make sense of it.

Kurt Bills main problem is that no one knows who he is. There is an election in 3 1/2 months and he's not even a phosphor ghost of a blip on the radar screen of Minnesota voters. You need money to get the word out. If he can't raise money, he's dead in the water.

5. mandym

mandym New Member

I see you did not really have a point.

More infowars propganda

You are making broad brush judgments about who is wanting power and then condemning them all. If you do not know them you do not know that is their motivation. I know some of them and it is not. The broad brush you use helps your propaganda but it is not honest.

No, the Patriot Act has not effected me. And I am not sure it has to many Americans other than kept us safer.

It does matter. It always matters. Far more than one or two pieces of legislation.

Good grief someone get this guy a tinfoil hat. He deserves it.

And you continue to prove my point.

6. Ceegen

Ceegen New Member

Key to this is that "left" is left, and "right" is right. It is not.

The GOP doesn't really care about these issues. They only make these things an issue to get votes from people. "Party platform" is just a buzzword to get you to take sides in an illusionary war of ideals. Romney clearly doesn't care what he says, he flip-flops on everything just so you'll vote for him.

The income tax is illegal. It should be abolished. A graduated income tax is one of the "planks" of Communism.

The only way an income tax could be legal, is if it is a flat rate for everyone, but even then income is defined as profit. Income is not wages and labor.

Many Republicans support a national health care system of some type. It would only be a stone's throw away from making it completely government controlled. If Democrats got complete control of the system, like they did when the ACA passed in the first place, they could make it 100% government controlled via amendment/ratification.

As it stands now though, if government got out of the way of health care, prices would go down. Anyone could afford health insurance if they would allow companies to sell health insurance across state lines.

Romney supported the Brady Act. Plenty of "Republicans" support some form of government regulation of firearms, even though the constitution is clear that no regulation of firearms should exist.

The problem isn't government spending, it is how we get our money in the first place. Congress has pawned off its responsibility to a PRIVATE BANK that we know as the "Federal" Reserve bank system.

Section 8 of the US Constitution (Powers of Congress):
    "To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

The "Fed" prints money out of nothing, and then "buys" government bonds that are also printed out of nothing. This exchange makes "Federal Reserve Notes" legal fiat money. They also do this with immediate debt attached to these notes, by "lending" to the US government with interest.

Why are we borrowing money from a private bank, at cost to us, when congress could print it themselves without the immediate debt attached to it? How do we expect to get out of debt, by continually borrowing money?

It doesn't matter how much we spend, it's all debt-induced fiat currency in the first place: It has no value!

Both sides are being played like fools on this one. The same people that support "energy and oil" externally, are the same ones working behind the scenes to stifle it simply to make money.

The United States has massive oil reserves, but they're not being used. Petroleum products could very well be a natural process that replenishes over time, rather than a one-time "fossil fuel" event that most believe it to be. They want to make you think it's a limited supply, so they can make money off of it. (Lots of disinformation on this topic, so be careful if you ever do a search on this one).

And big oil is subsidized, which is supported by Republicans! Not only are you paying at the pump, but in taxes! They're doubble-dipping the profits!

We don't need to be the world's police force. I'm sick and tired of this rhetoric being used as an arguement for big government, which Republicans advocate. If we cut back military spending, as it relates to foreign campaigns, then we could then use that money to turn this country around for the better.

Defense spending? Yeah I'm all for that, but we don't need to maintain hundreds bases overseas. Rome tried to do the same thing, look where that got them. We need to worry about ourselves. We could have a very, very powerful military force, and not have to use it every time a problem breaks out. Even if asked to help, some times we shouldn't for the simple fact that it is not our responsibility to ensure the safety of other people. I would even go so far as to say that, we should only help when refugees are in danger. We should open our arms to people, and help them escape, and if they don't want to... Well, sucks to be them. But why should anyone have to die for someone else's war?

Trying to save everyone in the world with the promise of a Republican-oriented government structure, even if they don't want it, hasn't worked. The United States is guilty of installing puppet governments in an attempt to project power overseas. It is getting us into troubble, and the world hates us for this reason.

7. mandym

mandym New Member

And there we have it everyone. Take a good look at what infowars does to your brain.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I totally agree in the sense that Mitt Romney is the only hope we have this year of ridding the United States of Obama. It is not a really good chance at that. The time for getting a better candidate was months and years ago, from after the nomination of Bush in 1988, through the McCain nomination, and most recently, the Republican primaries. We just keep on that constant slide downward to the left. The only positive thing that can be said about Romney is that he will cause less damage than Obama.

The only difference between you and I is that you saw Romney as the only hope several months before I did. Maybe in the final analysis, you were right with what we had to work with. I hope and pray that first, Romney wins, and secondly, that he in fact has changed his mind on abortion and gay rights. Another thing about Romney that puts him a notch above Obama is that Romney has actually met a payroll and created jobs.

The time for analyzing the exact meaning of the Constutition is when we are choosing a candidate or laying the ground work for one, not when we have two major party candidates that are not going to follow the Constitution. That is the period of time we are in now.

If Romney happens to lose, we will be back to square one in picking a nominee for 2016. If that is the case, it would be a really good idea for us all to listen to the post you just quoted.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You did not acknowledge that there are differences between the left and right on these issues, you merely launched into a diatribe.

Should I simplify if for you?

Taxes: Generally speaking this group wants to lower taxes. Is it the right or left?

Military Spending: This group wants to slash defense spending. Left or right?

Abortion: This group is pro-life. Left or right?

I could go on, but let's start with these three.

11. Ceegen

Ceegen New Member

Because you don't want to see it.

Accepting what I say as truth, is the same reason people deny that Jesus is Messiah, or preach the good news to total strangers: They are afraid of being an outcast of society, on the fringe, crazy.

Okay.

You don't really know them, that's the problem. You don't know the hearts of men, like God does. It doesn't matter how much they profess their virtues if they're lying, and you'd never know because you can't read minds.

And even if they are telling the truth, will they follow through with their promises? Will they eventually cave in?

If you really believe it makes us safer... lol.

Secret detentions and trials, with or without evidence? Siezure of of property or information without warrants? Yeah, that isn't suspicious at all. Why does the government suddenly need this broad police power, when it was doing fine without it?

You don't get it. Let me show you a hypothetical example of what I mean:

1. Democrat passes legislation to restrict religious freedoms.
    2. People get upset, revolt, Republican takes power.
    3. Republican then uses that same legislation, to restrict only certain groups of people, ie, Muslims, through ratification.
    4. Democrat gets put into office, uses same piece of legislation to restrict Christians, and cites the Republican's abuse of power as justification to persecute Christians.

Make more sense?

It has happened, and will happen again. During WWII, Japanese Americans were put into internment camps. For their safety, of course. How long before Christians will need to be put in camps for their own safety?

Your only point is that I'm wrong and crazy, but offer absolutely no proof to the contrary. Seriously think about what I'm trying to tell you, and not just the appearance of the message. You're essentially programmed to think that conspiracies and people who believe them are crazy, the imaginations of the mentally ill. I can tell you that, if I were mentally ill, I wouldn't have been able to join the US Army, nor would I wouldn't have held a "Secret" security clearance from the DOD for 10 years.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

#111 Ceegen, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
  12. Ceegen

Ceegen New Member

My point is: What difference does it make to lower the tax rate, when the tax itself is illegal?

It doesn't matter. Real Christians don't vote for war. Sorry if that's too blunt for you, but it has nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans. Our nation could have a strong military, used to defend our borders in the event of an attack, but that should be the extent of it.

Did Romney flip-flop on this issue (like many others), or not? Do Republicans support/vote on bills that promote the "right to choose", or not (like Olympia Snowe)? Because it doesn't matter what they say, ye shall know them by their fruits.

You don't get it. I already said that they only appear to be different, and that's what I am talking about.

They both want more power, more control, over every aspect of our lives. You can't see that, because you refuse to see the hypocrisy within the political party that you identify yourself with.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See, you keep dodging the issues. The question is this: Is there a difference in the policy positions between the left and the right?

I don't want your opinion of the legality of the income tax (which BTW has been ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court), your opinion on military spending, etc. Just answer the question.

14. mandym

mandym New Member

Be careful, your interest in politics continues to show.

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yet six pages later here you are...

Obviously this is not the case.

16. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Interesting...in a Ripley's kind of way.

17. Ceegen

Ceegen New Member

Only the appearance of difference in policy. That's it. Both parties are "left of center" in that they vie for more government power/authority.

The supreme court has also ruled that the 16th amendment does not give congress any new powers of taxation. The only tax on labor and wages that can be collected is from foreign (outside the United States borders) sources, or in the District of Columbia. A graduated income tax is illegal, as it is not apportioned. If Republicans really cared, they'd be trying to eliminate the tax alltogether.

The questions themselves have flaws which assume that either party really wants to change the status quo, which is why I answer your questions in the manner that I do.

18. Ceegen

Ceegen New Member

And here you are! Why is that?

This thread...

19. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You provide me with a good laugh.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sooner you stop feeding the troll, the better. Even though it can be entertaining.:smilewinkgrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.