1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Let's discuss Daniel 12:4

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by robycop3, Dec 13, 2017.

1. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you. This is the the point I was trying to make, Its about the book itself, Not about secular knowledge and technology.

I was not arguing when or if it was fulfilled, I was arguing what the "increasing of Knowledge" meant.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just pointed out the ANTIQUITY of those commentaries. They were made long before the current travel/knowledge explosion began. Still trying to DENY THE OBVIOUS,eh?

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that's just part of the knowledge explosion.

I believe ancient people had the same mental capacity as modern ones do, but God held back the increase in knowledge til this time, the general time of the end.

The knowledge of the meanings of Daniel's last prophecies began with the coming of the Greek empire after the Persian one. And I have read several commentaries detailing the fulfillment of much of the prophecy of Daniel 11-12, going through the rulers of the Ptolemaic & Seleucid kingdoms, & their constant wars with each other.

In the latest preterism thread, a couple of people are arguing that Titus was the prince of Daniel 9:26, but further verses of that chapter prove that assumption wrong. Titus did NOT make any covenant with the jews, nor was any complete destruction poured out on him. he lived in honor with the admiration of the Romans til his death from disease.

And the knowledge of the meanings of other Scriptures is increasing as well, including archaeological knowledge proving many events described in Scripture. For example, the remains of Gomorrah have been found, with evidence of its destruction by natural fire. Then, there are the Dead Sea scrolls, etc.

And the vast increase in travel has come about due to the increase in knowledge in general.

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Alexander The great died, there were several battles fought between his would-be successors, resulting in his wmpire being split into four smaller kingdoms, those of Cassander (including mainly Greece & Thrace), Lysimachus (including Lydia & parts of what's now Turkey), Seleucus (including much ofSyria, what's now Iraq & Iran), & Ptolemy (Included Egypt, part of Syria, and, most-significantly in Bible prophecy, Judea, for awhile.

Daniel's prophecy isn't much-concerned with the kingdoms of Cassander or Lysimachus, as they never ruled Judea. But the rule of Judea changed five times because of the wars between the Ptolemies & Seleucids. The Ptolemies were the last rulers of Judea before the Romans, who took over after the death of Cleopatra. (The infamous Antiochus IV Epiphanes was a Seleucid.)

While historians have been able to trace the fulfillment of much of the prophecy til not long before Cleopatra, the prophecy then skips ahead to events not yet fulfilled.

The Ptolemaic rule of Egypt & surroundings is very well-documented. perhaps Dr. cassidy, an eminent historian, can provide some insight on the fulfillment of Daniel 11-12 so far.