1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Letters to abortion centers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Feb 5, 2017.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone of you if you also desire to write up abortion centers I have included a sample letter that I hope gives you ideas on doing the same in your city.

Dear Dr’s xxxx, & xxxx;

You both are intellectual, intelligent, trustworthy, and probably very friendly. So I would like to challenge you about your role in performing abortions which the Bible calls “murder” and I have included a gospel tract for you to read which I hope will persuade you of the error of your ways. You see Doctors you will one day stand before God for your crimes and He will judge you and sentence you based on your crimes, which unfortunately will be in His prison house called Hell. The many that you have murdered cry out to Him and God himself the almighty refers to the unborn as actual people and not non humans as you believe.

Matt 1:18

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit.

Also in Lk 1:41 the text says that “the baby leaped in her womb” and so indicates that the babe in the womb is a person. Refusing a helpless baby the right to be born is against God’s will and His law. Refer to Pro 6:16-17.

There are six things that the Lord hates,

seven that are an abomination to him:

haughty eyes, a lying tongue,

and hands that shed innocent blood,

You in performing abortions, or referring to those that can perform an abortion have shed innocent blood and have also broken the 6th commandment in your thirst for blood. I am aware that you do not believe in the Bible and have suppressed the truth (Rm 1:18) but this does not make it right and God will punish those that have rejected and rebelled against him with eternal fire and that was prepared for the devil and his angels (Mt 25:41). Hell is a real place. Read what John Blanchard says about Hell in his book Whatever Happened to Hell?

According to the Word of God, hell is a real place. It is God’s rubbish dump, where wasted and unwanted humanity is thrown. It is a dark pit, a prison without companionship or comfort of any kind. In hell, the wicked are gnawed by the worm of an accusing conscience, ashamed and contemptible. They will be banished from all good and deprived of every blessing that could have been theirs. They will be in indescribable torments and agony, wailing in frenzied anger. And they will be exposed to the awesome fire of God’s holy and uninhibited anger.​

Perhaps you do not know what sin is, so let’s explore it a little. Sin not only means missing the mark, but also disobeying a righteous and Holy God. It means going against His law in His word the Bible so lets demonstrate. Have you ever told a lie before? Have you ever stolen anything before? Ever used God’s name in vain? Ever disobeyed your parents when you were young? If you have answered yes to any of the above you have admitted to having broken Gods Moral law spelled out in the 10 Commandments found in Ex 20. By God’s righteous and Holy law the soul that sins deserves death and judgment (Ez 18:4; Heb 9:27). But the good news I have for you is that God does love you and sent forth His son Jesus to bear your sin debt and to whoever believes an trusts in Him. Without the Cross of Christ, mankind would be doomed to spend an eternity in Hell. There are many reasons for the Cross of Christ below are just a few.

To absorb the wrath of God

So that we would escape the curse of the law

To reconcile us to God

To Show Gods love for sinners

A strong evidence of a true follower of Christ shows in repentance. Repent means to turn away from sin and to turn towards God (2 Cor 5:17). Another mark of those born again is that they live for Gods glory and find great passion and desire in serving God “So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (1 Cor 10:31). And those that trust Christ the best is yet to come in their home in Heaven “No eye has seen, nor ear has heard, nor the heart of man imagined what God has prepared for those who love him” (1 Cor 2:9). Will you turn from your sins and trust in Christ today?

Sincerely,

[Edited]

#1 evangelist6589, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you write letters like this to abortion centers, be prepared to be investigated each time someone commits an act of vandalization, harassment, or violence against a center.

The use of the apostrophe is incorrect. That would indicate possession, not plurality. Don't show your ignorance out of the gate.

Are they? Are they really intellectuals? Do you know these people? If not, skip directly to the point without trying to butter them up.

Whatever you and I think about abortion, the Bible simply doesn't claim it is murder - not directly anyway. Don't make a claim like this that you can't easily back up. You must make a case for it before you claim it.

You are claiming that they are in error before showing them they are in error. This will inspire your reader to throw this letter - and the tract - away.

You already have them destined for Hell without giving an argument. I don't think this is going to have the effect you desire except for having them reject your message.

You might want to capitalize "himself" and "almighty" when referring to God. You should also quote the part of the Bible where God Almighty refers to the unborn "as actual people." I am unaware of a place where that is written explicitly. You should not assume what these doctors believe about the unborn (that is, "non humans"), because I doubt you know for sure. But if they do believe that, then they don't think they are guilty of murder since the unborn are not people. Since you haven't established any of your assertions yet. Moreover, you don't even know if they see scripture as authoritative.

You don't explain why this verse is relevant. I don't understand it either.

You need to explain this, not just simply make an assertion. It could be as simple as pointing out that an unborn child (John the Baptist) was the first to recognize Jesus. While it is a pretty good argument, it still doesn't mean that the unborn are people. Some interpret it to be the action of God causing the fetus to experience quickening as a sign - but not the baby actually having knowledge - since John the Baptist seemed to need revelation later in his ministry that Jesus was actually the Christ.

If you are going to argue from scripture, you need to know how those who do not oppose abortion think about these matters so you can deal with their arguments.

How does this verse relate to the unborn? You have not demonstrated that the unborn are human, much less "innocent blood."

(1) You need to know if your reader performs abortion or refers patients to abortionists. Blanket letters allow people off the hook.
    (2) How do you know that your readers have a "thirst for blood?" And what does that mean anyway?

If this is supposed to be a form letter, how do you know that your reader does not "believe in the Bible?" If they don't believe the Bible, why are you poorly quoting it at them? All you are doing is reinforcing a belief that the Bible has little of relevance to say and that the so-called experts are simply trying to twist words so they can judge people.

More threatening with hell - as if that is supposed to make people believe the Bible and repent...

I doubt this unbelieving hell-bound murderer would have the knowledge that sin was an archery term that means "missing the mark/target." That's church lore.

This sentence is a mess.

And then you move into the "Way of the Master" method mixed with the scripture proof texts from Evangelism Explosion for your heavy doctrine:
    If by some miracle the intended reader of this note actually looks up Ezekiel 18:4 and reads it in context, he or she will be quite confused since it is not as simplistic as you make it out to be. This is about Israel breaking the covenant. If the reader is a practicing Jew (the ones who are actually under the Law), then it might make a difference. But you haven't really connected it with anything that has gone on before. Hebrews 9:27 is talking about something else entirely, and only seems to be here to mention judgment.

So you have reduced the gospel of Jesus to paying off "sin debt" and to escape Hell. Nothing of discipleship or anything else Jesus said?

This is not terrible, but you haven't really presented the gospel clearly yet.

So this is not about abortion?

Why set up the beginning of the letter making unsubstantiated claims and then move to a poor presentation of the gospel? Seems you should simply work on your gospel presentation to actually bring in the call of Jesus that is present throughout the Gospels.

Think about rewriting this letter in light of my comments.

#2 Baptist Believer, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Grammar errors I can accept and correct however if you can write a better letter then lets see it posted here.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

Signing your real name on publicly-viewable internet forums is not very smart either.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is false. Every letter has a return address and of the many I have sent not one time have I been bothered.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am not aware of Evangelism explosion. My evangelism method is The Way of the Master.

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You misunderstood. Revealing your real name on this site is what I was commenting about.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah so what? Only [Name calling edited] could figure that one out as I go by the name evangelist6589. My real name is not mentioned. I do not care if they have my real name. I have sent out many letters and not once have I been bothered.

#8 evangelist6589, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is that possible? D. James Kennedy was a Calvinist.

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have heard of them, but I have never read their books or gone through their program. The verses I quoted I simply quoted and copied none from a program.

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reread your own OP. Name is at the bottom.

Your soon-coming apology for calling me a stalker is accepted.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Oops..... Missed that one in the copy and paste. Thanks for mentioning that detail. Mods can you kindly remove my name from the OP. Thanks..

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh...apology?

*laugh*

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay sorry you are not a stalker. I thought you were.

15. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *laugh*

Cheers, (*ahem*) Evan.

16. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My bet for what might happen to this letter:

1) It gets immediately trashed by a low-level office worker after reading a sentence or two.

2) It is read and openly mocked.

3) It is ignored.

It's not like an abortion doctor is going to go "OH MY STARS! I never knew that people thought God considered this murder!"

• Like Like x 1
  17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well at least I am trying. What are you doing? Nothing! Also non-elect will not respond but elect will respond.

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another letter to another abortion center created from scratch. Tried to make it short and to the point.

Adolf Hitler murdered more than 6 million Jews. He justified his crimes by claiming that Jews were “sub-humans.” Likewise since 1973 more than 53 Million babies have been murdered creating a modern day Holocaust. The Bible says in Isa 5:20 “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil.” YOU in performing abortions or recommending women to places that can perform abortions are shedding innocent blood, which the Bible condemns in Pro 6:17. Those that do this are not born of God because they live by the flesh and not by the spirit. All those that live by the flesh will perish and those not born of God will be sentenced to God’s prison house called Hell. Hell is not taken seriously these days as many view it as a joke, and sadly many churches no longer preach on it. John Blanchard however takes it seriously and wrote a book about it called Whatever Happened to Hell? which the following quote is from.

According to the Word of God, hell is a real place. It is God’s rubbish dump, where wasted and unwanted humanity is thrown. It is a dark pit, a prison without companionship or comfort of any kind. In hell, the wicked are gnawed by the worm of an accusing conscience, ashamed and contemptible. They will be banished from all good and deprived of every blessing that could have been theirs. They will be in indescribable torments and agony, wailing in frenzied anger. And they will be exposed to the awesome fire of God’s holy and uninhibited anger.

I have included two gospel tracts on abortion in this letter for you to read and take heed. I have tried to be as gentle as possible in this letter with you.

19. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three points that need to be made, right from the bible.

Judges 18:3 When they were by the house of Micah, they knew the voice of the young man the Levite; so they went over there, and said to him, (1)“Who brought you here? (2)What do you do in this place? (3)What do you have here?”

1. Who are you following?
    2. Why are you here?
    3. Where is your fruit?

Who are you following? God or man (the author of the last book you read). I have read you mentioning Ray Comfort 10 times as often as you mention Jesus Christ.

Why are you here? What is your purpose? Why do you preach? Why do you write letters? Do you expect people to be saved through your preaching or your letter writing?

Where is your fruit? Where are the converts from your preaching? How may employees of an abortion clinic you wrote to have been saved?

If you cannot respond positively to all three maybe it is time to re-evaluate your calling. God does not call us to, nor lead us in, a fruitless life.

20. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Honestly, I don't care.