1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberal Group Threatens Lawsuit Against McDonald's If It Doesn't Stop Giving Toys to

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), a liberal consumer advocacy organization, has announced it will sue McDonald’s unless the fast-food franchise stops using toys to market its “Happy Meals” to children.

“This morning, CSPI notified McDonald’s that we will file a lawsuit against the company unless it stops using toys to beguile young children,” said Executive Director Michael F. Jacobson, Ph.D., at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday.

“We contend that tempting kids with toys is unfair and deceptive both to kids who don’t understand the concept of advertising and to their parents who have to put up with their nagging children,” he said.

More Here

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More idiocy from liberals. Who in their right and sane mind believes that parents are forced into buying toys because of nagging children? McDonald's should let them sue. And counter sue for costs and fees because of a frivolous law suit.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, finally! Someone is pushing to fight the forces that cause my children to whine and cry so that I am forced to purchase them something - even when I wasn't even planning to stop at McDonald's!!

Get real!

It's easy. It's called "NO" and used judiciously, it provides for much easier parenting. I can't even count the number of times I've gotten a Happy Meal for my kids instead of ordering off the dollar menu. In the last year, possibly I've done it once. That's it. It's not that hard to say "No" firmly and for the kids to know that they are not going to get it and a whining produces a sore bottom so it's just not worth it.

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I had a very effective method for shutting my girls up when they used crying to get what they wanted. I simply asked, "Do you want me to give you something to cry about?" That always worked, and they shut up because they knew it wasn't an idle threat.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My kids also learned quickly that it was OK to politely plead their case once but if I said no again, that was it. Push for it and you may never EVER get it. Ever.

6. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My dad used that one too, but when I was a kid when i whined for something, he would just turn silent and take me home.

When i got to be a teenager he changed his threat to "I'm gonna break your arm off and beat you over the head with the bloody end of it." :tongue3: I knew he wouldn't do it, and was relatively certain that I could run faster than he could, but knew that when he finally caught me .... well....

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, SOOOOO going to use that one! Right now we use the "Stop it or I'll bury you alive in a box" from Bob Newhart's MadTV sketch of the name "Stop It" (you can see it on YouTube - it's our new counseling strategy!).