1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberal Groups Are Undermining Voter ID Laws

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too many absentee ballots, litigation against voter identification laws, and actions by a liberal community-organizer group have disenfranchised some voters while potentially allowing illegal votes to be cast, election lawyers claimed Thursday at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Washington, D.C.

More Here

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

of course, thats how all those dead voters were registed and voted for obama, remember when the acorn story first broke.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    RevMitchell
    How dare you - don't you care if the illegals get to vote!

4. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in Alabama, one must provide an ID to be able to vote. The only thing I disagree with is that you can use just about anything with your name on it, like a power bill, or a debit card. I think it should limited to a driver license or non driver ID, military ID, or a similar picture ID that is issued by the state.

This law hasn't been in effect for that long. I think it started in 2004. I'm glad at least they have something. Normally, I wouldn't be in favor of tightening the rules, but when it comes to voter fraud, there should be strict rules on it.

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There (is) (was?) a move in the SC legislature to require a picture ID for voting.

I'm sure it would not surprise you to learn that the Black Caucus walked out on the discussion (according to news reports) claiming that this was nothing more than a move to reject black voters!

I really find it hard to believe that some folk are so anxious to prove that old saw that says: "Tis better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt!"

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no legitimate reason not to require an ID for something as important as voting other than to let those who do not qualify to vote. The intent on this is clear.