Liberals Get What They Wanted...High Fuel Prices

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Apr 29, 2006.

1. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a company put out tainted meat, guess what - it would hurt its sales drastically which would drastically hurt its short-term bottom line.

2. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) What are you talking about? I want the federal government to restrict itself to its constitutional powers and being involved with the extraction of oil & gas industry and its refinement into gasoline is not among those powers.

2) I ask, as a fellow Christian, that you stop lying about me and the industry which puts food on my family's table, a roof over our heads, and clothes on our backs, as it did for my parent's before me.

3. saturneptune New Member

The government should limit its activities to the Constitution, which we all know it has failed to do. Not just you, but everyone on this thread who supports the oil companies have said that those who do not are advocating government control of the industry in some fashion. I do not believe that any of those posts said that, your side implied that was what we were saying. You guys are making it choice A or B. Thats not how it is. There are other creative solutions I am sure to make energy more affordable for everyone without government solutions.

There are numerous examples of the government not using proper powers. For example, Congress has handed over the power to declare to the executive branch for the last sixty years. The government has no power to get into the medical field which they have done through social security. I am sure you could come up with many more examples.

As far as who you work for and being offended by the posts, I have to agree that maybe if you work for an oil company it could appear personal. For that I am sorry. However, did it ever occur to you that in the numerous posts you and others have made raking various levels of government over the coals, that some of us might earn a living from them and feel the same way as number two in the above posts?

4. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The difference is that I am not calling you a thief, saturnneptune.

One can criticize actions or policies without name calling.

5. saturneptune New Member

6. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Criticize my industry or my company, then you are criticizing me, saturnneptune.

Why can't you offer some facts to support your position instead of regurgitating tired old bromides and political poppycock?

Oh, that's right, you don't have any facts. And the facts that exist are against you.

So there.

7. ASLANSPAL New Member

This is so well said and is naked truth that it screams out from the inner soul and help of the holy spirit. I want to put..."verily, verily, I say unto you in front of it...because people need to be pointed too it ...

The poor's only hope isn't the government it's Christians in the Middle Class...

and KenH your little aversion in attacking me is just that an aversion ....everyone knows your a suck up to Murphy oil ..a polluter no less...You respond not by faith but by fear because you are afraid of losing your job! well have some faith
    your whining of hard times then good times is baloney when it comes to big Murphy Oil...most of us here on this board have seen a least one or two or even three jobs by now so spare us the whining.

To believe the market is pristine and pure is pure naivete KenH...you are ignoring and I understand your ignoring the lobbyist,big oil(murphy oil),ceo, sheikhs, OPEC, and incompetent President. You then have a free market that is perverse and polluted with hands in the cookie jar.The middle class takes the hit and more
    and more drop out.

but please spare us the whining and claiming the free market and "let the market decide" is free of perversity ..it is not! Capitalism needs high
    accountability, very high.

Dwight Eisenhower warned of the perverted military industrial complex...by the way "I like Ike" so what is wrong of warning people of how the system is fixed and perverted and how they in a democracy can demand and then get high
    accountability.

quit talking Kenh as if the Oil Companies are innocent and pure they are not! they are part of the fix and they are in collusion with OPEC, Lobbyists, Greedy Politicans, Sheikhs, to gain hyper profits with taxpayer subsides thrown in without them taking barely any risks with multi-billions they now have pocketed.

the fox has been in the hen house far too long.

8. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it. Do you have any facts to offer?

9. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must have loved the old Soviet economic system, ASLANSPAL. In case you haven't noticed, it failed and exists no more except in the minds of elitists such as yourself.

10. Petrel New Member

If ASLANSPAL actually had to prove any of his conspiracy theories that would take away precious time that could be spent posting more conspiracy theories, and without them life would be so much more boring. So you see his decision not to investigate these things is well-reasoned.

saturneptune, if you keep having to go back and erase posts without comment, maybe you should take more time to think before you post.

11. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point. Well said. Yes, well said.

12. carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only fact that matters is that government interference, in the form of price controls or windfall profits taxes, will only serve to lower the future supply of crude oil and increase the cost.

13. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, a well said point.

14. saturneptune New Member

Petrel, lets get one thing straight, how or when I edit my posts or delete them is none of your business. I wasnt talking to you, so the best thing you could do is keep your nose out.

Ken H, your whiney voice is becoming irritating. You are an apologist and a patsy for the oil companies and their executives. You chose to work there, no one made you. That has nothing to do with the systematic stealing from the American middle class. Your numbers are at best meaningless, as there is no reason on this earth to believe them. The fact is that oil companies have record profits, which Americans adjust budgets to line the pockets of the "executives."

Where I work is really none of your business, but I will guarantee it is not an industry that subsidizes muslim nations. By the way, how much time have you spent in combat for this nation, or for that matter, military service in general?

[ May 01, 2006, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: saturneptune ]

15. Petrel New Member

:( Terribly unfortunate, but you can't prevent me from observing your actions, drawing conclusions, and forming an opinion. :(

Nice rant.

16. saturneptune New Member

no rant, just fact

17. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) And I am proud to work for an oil company as my late father did as well for over thirty years.

2) Either provide proof of this or stop posting this falsehood.

18. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then disprove them. But you can't because you are posting a falsehood.

19. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't provided one fact yet in this thread. All you have done is to present bromides and political poppycock and falsehoods.

20. saturneptune New Member

Spoken like a true oil lobbiest and politician.