1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberals pressure Fox News advertisers

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Jul 28, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Percieved lack of credibility you mean. The washington times has had a slew of problems with regards to credibility and yet I do not see such actions going toward them.

This is liberals hating the conservative view and trying to silence it. they want to shut down Rush, Hannity, etc both on radio and TV. It goes no farther than this.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voluntarily pretty much silenced Limbaugh and Hannity in my life by simply rarely listening to them anymore.

How many readers are there of the Washington Times compared to viewers of Fox News Channel?

3. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Nope, I meant a lack of credibility. I don't read the Washington Times so I can't say, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me to see a lack of credibility there, but then again I doubt they're as big a player as Fox News so it's a secondary question. Fox News is a joke -- Hannity is just the punchline.

You're right about the simplicity of the liberals, though I think the idea that they're just "hating the conservative view" gives both them and Fox News far too much credit. Most liberals are cookie cutter doughheads who simply choose to believe different things from the conservative cookie cutter doughheads -- two sides of the same coin.

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

It is interesting that the shows the libs are saying has a lack of credibility have the highest ratings in the country. All of them. The others cannot keep up.

5. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Fortunately, truth is not a product of market success.

Despite what Stephen Colbert might say.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Absolutely fantastic! Standing up for reason and truth against gossip and innuendo that caused harm is always a noble endeavor. I salute you!

:applause:

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, thank you! BUT most of all -- I'm glad you persevered and made sense of the post. I was terribly tired and should not have been typing. It wasn't the most coherent thing I've every put forth.

My tiredness most likely accounted for the repetition of that precious word - hogwash ;)

8. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How long can you speak for the left, before declaring yourself a liberal? Ron Paul would do better if you weren't representing him on here, as he needs support from the conservative Christian base.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have openly declared that I am a libertarian - as is Congressman Paul. That means that I support the civil liberties that liberals used to be for and that I support the economic liberties that conservatives used to be for.

There is more to the world of politics, hillclimber1, than the left-right continuum that you apparently haven't gotten beyond in your political understanding.

10. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I don't pretend to be particularly politically savvy, but I know leftists when I see them. And I know the values differences between the Dem, and GOP platforms, where you seem oblivious.

11. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Right... Looking through some rose-colored glasses there 2 Tim? Christian evangelicals address the issues not orgs? :thumbs: :laugh:

FTR, Fox news is a "news" organization it is not supposed have views, but news. Guess that's why people have problems with it. Before you begin to spout off about my intolerance, the same can be said for CNN, MSNBC, etc., etc.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am quite aware of the differences in the platforms, but it has been a long time since any president paid more than lip service to his party's platform.

13. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

partisan politics certainly is joke in this country....

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

POLITICS itself certainly is a joke in this country IMHO. I'm sure I've said that, but . . .

15. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

:thumbs: Amen to that!

16. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

These left wing bloggers are trying to effect a boycott against a news organization that tries to be "fair and balanced". When the Christian right is mobilized, it is to point out to various Co's that they are accepting advertising from sponsors, or espousing evil viewpoints that are contrary to scriptural teachings, which is harmful to society. FoMoCo was/is pandering to the homosexual community, and is deserving of reprimand. Fox news is the only major network that is trying not to be left wing, as so is reaping the wrath of the liberals.

The differences should be obvious to born again believers.

17. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Once again, hillclimber, you are confusing politics and religion. Just because one is not a right winger doesn't make one not a Christian. Also, Fox News Channel is very much like George Bush's administration...they call evil, good, and get away with it way too much. Fair & Balanced is their slogan, but it doesn't make it so. They are run by Roger Ailes, GOP strategist, and are the de facto propaganda arm of the Bush Administration. They are about as fair and balanced as Pravda was during the Soviet Union; or as Granma is in Castro's Cuba. Their token liberal, Alan Colmes, is about as neutered as they come, and is just there to give the impression of being fair. It is apparent they have a leash on him, as he is much more openly progressive on his radio program than on H&C, where the ill-mannered Hannity tries to run roughshod over everyone, including his cohost.

That said, all news organizations are made up of people, with their own biases. However, a good news organization clearly tries to keep those biases out of reporting, saving them for the editorial pages.

As for Ford, they are a business. All kinds of people buy cars. Why should they not have targeted advertising to many different demographics & psychographics? That is smart business. Gay people buy cars too, so it is not surprising that cars will be marketed to them.

18. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

As I said, the differences should be obvious to born again believers.

And you might have added that Fox is owned by Murdock, a leftist of the highest order. But he's the rare smart one, that knows if he lets Fox be "fair and balanced" he'll make a fortune. :)

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Christian "Right" is engaging in the same activity as other non-Christian "Right" groups.

This may come a shock to some people on this board but the Fox News Channel is not a part of Christ's church, and neither is the Republican Party.

#39 KenH, Jul 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I tend to agree.

Most efforts at censorship are counterproductive for all of us, in the long run.

Thank goodness.:thumbs: