1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Life changes - Part 2.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Wanderer, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Wanderer

Wanderer Member

Original thread in case anyone is interested.

http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/life-changes.96705/#post-2182469

Was not exactly a fire starter, but have no where else to turn for guidance.

Issues keep arising and feel like everything is slipping away. Marriage is more difficult than ever and even the divorce word came up last night. My wife has gotten very mean to both me and the kids and does not understand the sacrifices made to insure her recovery and well being.

We were having major mold issues and moved out of our old apartment 3 weeks ago for health reasons. The drive out to our last location plus other costs were eating us alive. My wife has also turned to spending money as a way to release stress, which has caused major financial burden.

She had another knee surgery this last summer since her previous doctor did a poor job and used the wrong equipment. She now has permanent knee pain due to a nerve showing and grinding between bones. She had her gallbladder taken out 3 weeks after mine, apparently hers has been failing for years and everything just conveniently happened all at once. Furthermore my daughter had two surgeries in a row recently, and my son broke his foot 2 weeks ago.

Our new place is my mothers condo she has been unable to sell. She let us move in for association costs and is on the third story. Has a beautiful view and with 3 bedrooms the kids have tons of room (nearly 3x the space!). hard my wife's knee, but also much healthier in town and don't have to worry about her being run off the road or having seizures while driving into town.

Now our issue is, we are very strapped for cash and unable to take a job, my wife is always sick, and they (doctors) think she has cancer. My son is difficult to handle and my daughter is at the age of not listening very well (almost 4). The neighbors work shift work and every 3rd week is nights. They are not used to having anyone live above them and my kids have not been loud once, but any small noise such as dropping a spoon, they're immediately calling or knocking on the door. They stated they do not want anyone up here and best as I can tell we are within our legal rights and very quit. This is a family unit above two bedroom units. Yet, we can here everything they do including them remodeling their units till midnight.

The result of all this is we created a noise journal and even video recorded our kids playing and the noise our neighbors make, which is easily way louder than the noise we make. Thankfully this is my last semester. Most my classes are online, but will need to be on campus for 3 days a week about 2-4 hours each day. Really want to return to work, but wife is unable to care for the kids herself. Have no idea where else or what else we can do as a family to make every better. My poor children are beyond stressed out and shouldn't have to live with these problems.

Any prayers or thoughts would be helpful.

PS. The industry for my education took a dive recently and while it will turn around eventually, no one knows when this could take place.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wow - I'm sorry you guys have been hit with a lot of tough situations!! I pray that you will be leaning on God and listening to Him for direction on what you should do for your family.