1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Local schools serve breakfast and lunch through Summer months!?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Argument from silence.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently the ones responsible for the support and upbringing of the kids involved love our money THIS much. Agree?

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you pay taxes and some of that money is used to feed kids, then that automatically puts you at the right hand of Christ <> True or False?

4. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

Blah blah blah blah.

Zaac....so what happened to all the food stamps these families ALREADY recieved? I don't want kids to go hungry. Ok? But why aren't they being fed?

We keep throwing money at this problem. They have the food stamps. So.....why in addition to food stamps must the schools feed them?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You can blah blah blah all you wish. But the wickedness flowing from your spirit on this one is jumping from the page.

What business is it of yours about food stamps already received? And since when are you privy to how much in food stamps these kid's families are receiving?

Who said they aren't being fed? Yall are complaining about these babies being fed lunch when you're the same ones who have complained about their mothers not having jobs. The mothers, for example, get jobs and can't be home to feed their babies, and some of you don't want the babies to eat.

Because people are STILL hungry.

How many kids do you know who are receiving food stamps? Their parents receive food stamps. That doesn't necessarily mean they are being fed or fed enough.

Why don't you visit one of your local programs and see?

Some of yall are in need of a crisis where you don't have enough to eat. Just disgusting.

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"The USDA Summer Meal Programs provides meals at no cost to youth (18 years and younger) in communities where 50% or more of the children qualify for free and reduced-priced school meals. Meals are prepared and delivered by local sponsoring organizations (e.g., Boys & Girls Clubs, school districts) and USDA reimburses them for the costs."

I can see how this terrible waste of money can get so many people riled up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true lover of money much more so than of people. But no surprise there.

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who loves my money more?...me, who spends as little as I have to, or those who grab at it for things they would be paying for themselves if they accepted responsibility?

9. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

Hey zaac, instead of ad hominem and emotionalism, how about reason and logic?

This is why I hate bb most of the time.

Can a mod plz ban me? I'm serious.

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your question is an informal fallacy. It presupposes question that is illogical. Try asking an intelligent question. Thanks.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Hey jkdbuck, instead of displaying such selfishness based in emotionalism about things you obviously(as you exampled) don't know about, how about you do some personal visits before you start ad homineming about what folks should be able to do or what they should have?:Thumbsup

Just report your own post and ask to be banned. Your request will GLADLY be granted. You wanna convince a couple or three or four others to accompany you?:)

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So those little pre-k and first graders should be paying for their food themselves, huh? Amazing. I guarantee that at some point in your privileged life someone paid for something for you that you should have paid yourself.

Come to think of it, I recall a man from Galilee who paid something for you that you should have taken responsibility to pay for, but He made it so that you wouldn't have to.:Sneaky

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about your responsibility of helping others?

Matthew 25:31-46

14. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

Yeah, zaac. I in fact DO know what it is like to grow up in food stamps. Bye!

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know I was referring to their parents, as mine paid for my support with no grabbing for somebody else's money. Your idolatry of those who spurn responsibility and condemnation of those who accept it is stupefying.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then act like you do. If you did, you'd know that there aren't too many kids handling the buying of food in their homes

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about those who work hard at two jobs, minimum wage, and still need help?

18. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jkdbuck76, don't you know it's not your business what your money pays for?? It's Zaac's buisness. I can't believe you didn't know that.

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like what Ann has said. If you can't change the parents, then why should the children suffer?

But as for the government taking up the task .... I invite all to partake of a story attributed to Col Davy Crockett. http://www.theroadtoemmaus.org/RdLb/21PbAr/Pl/CrockettWlfr.htm

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Good for you. Not every kid has it that way. It's generally out of their control what their parents do or don't do. And this isn't SOMEBODY ELSE's money. Taxes have been collected and the money is the government's to do with as they please.

It's your selfishness that's condemned. Your presumption that your selfishness should be lauded is what is stupefying.