Logos 3

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Deacon, May 3, 2006.

1. Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. SpiritualMadMan New Member

If you can't afford a commerical program...

My Choice is e-Sword...

It's FREE, Intuitive, and has a ton of Modules...

www.e-sword.net

There are numerous users groups on Yahoo Groups and you'll get support from those groups like you'll never get support from any commerical Product...

Mike Sr.

3. exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And only 1379.95 or only six payments of 231.49 with a little fee on top! Why I can remember when you could buy a car for that much :)

Me thinks I will have to stick with e-sword, their payment system is better for my budget :)

4. nate New Member

I thought Libronix was the best. But I have seen Logos and in short...I really want it. The Gold "Scholars Library" has so many great resources.

5. SpiritualMadMan New Member

I have bought a *lot* of references at Goodwill and some from Christian Book Distributors for a song...

That's a lot of resources? Yes!

But, will you get $1400 worth of use from it?

Assuming you can even afford it...

When I get into something that deeply, deeply enough to need those extras that e-Sword doesn't have, I want hard copy and a big table!

Lots of note paper, too...

6. Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FYI Logos and Libronix are the same product.

At $1300+, you are looking at the deluxe model, the premiere every-thing-included version.

I'd personally recommend the Base Scholars Library (purple) edition at about $630 (still very pricy).
    The Scholars Library provides a fully usable product with many nice extras.
    I've owned my version for years (via E-bay at quite a discount) and have added to it as I go. My individualized upgrade price was more than reasonable.

I wouldn't recommend any lower priced version because you sacrifice too much and will end up eventually paying for an upgrade.

Rob

7. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    I reccommend Bibleworks 7. It has more than enough study material in it. And much much cheaper than Logos.

BTW, I do have Libronix as well, but prefer my Bibleworks

8. mnw New Member

E-Sword is the way to go in my opinion. There are lots of unofficial add ons to which bulk out the program a bit

9. Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is really the advantage of a computer program.
    Notes are paperless...
    Filing is easier...

And I can open each book up on the computer and search more texts in an hour that I could in a week of library research.

I still have a good collection of my old "hard copy" reference texts that sit on display on my bookshelf hardly ever used :(
    ... because I can use them with so much more ease on my computer.

One of the benefits of Libronix is that they have a huge selection of up-to-date titles to read on your computer.
    Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy sitting down and spending some time "turning pages".

However whenever a new reference becomes available I now struggle with whether to get the hard-copy or the software version.

Rob