1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Loved with an Everlasting Love by John Gill

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Alan Gross, May 6, 2022.

1. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then he was double minded like the majority of Calvinists are

2. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

I do not know from where you get that! Nowhere in my comment states what you just did. I think you do not know how to read,
    everywhere in this statement is true: " we are saved by God's granting us the Grace to be convicted of sin, by the Holy Spirit, which causes us to grieve over our particular sin, which then leads us to repentance due to the working of the Holy Spirit, then the cleansing Blood which was shed forgives us our sin, and then washes those sins away, by the unction of the Holy Spirit, and then we are sealed unto Salvation forever, and ever".

Nowhere am I stating that "God does the believing"!!! So, truly, in essence you are falsely accusing me of making such a statement, when it is perfectly clear I am not.

Let us see, "thou shalt NOT bear a false Witness against thy neighbor". This is what YOU are guilty of.

I forgive you......
    The Lord bless you....
    In His Love.....

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

No, rather you misunderstand him!

4. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

I agree wholeheartedly..........I follow no man, not Calvinism, Not Wesley, Not Reformed, Not Armenianism, Just the Gospel according to the One True God, Jesus Christ and His Apostles.....

AMEN!!

Lord bless you...
    In His Love....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    God "granting", is another word for GIVING, which means that God gives Saving Grace to lead sinners to repent, which is the same as saying that God CAUSES the sinner to repent, especially from the "reformed" theological view. In this "system", it is God Who ENABLES the elect to believe (some also teach repent), this makes God the CAUSE of the believing in the sinner, which makes God the One who believes FOR the sinner!

This teaching is FALSE!

6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    really?

Calvin on John 3:16

That whosoever believeth on him may not perish. It is a remarkable commendation of faith, that it frees us from everlasting destruction. For he intended expressly to state that, though we appear to have been born to death, undoubted deliverance is offered to us by the faith of Christ; and, therefore, that we ought not to fear death, which otherwise hangs over us. And he has employed the universal term whosoever, both to invite all indiscriminately to partake of life, and to cut off every excuse from unbelievers. Such is also the import of the term World, which he formerly used; for though nothing will be found in the world that is worthy of the favor of God, yet he shows himself to be reconciled to the whole world, when he invites all men without exception to the faith of Christ, which is nothing else than an entrance into life.”

John 1:29

Who taketh away the sin of the world. He uses the word sin in the singular number, for any kind of iniquity; as if he had said, that every kind of unrighteousness which alienates men from God is taken away by Christ. And when he says, the sin Of The World, he extends this favor indiscriminately to the whole human race; that the Jews might not think that he had been sent to them alone. But hence we infer that the whole world is involved in the same condemnation; and that as all men without exception are guilty of unrighteousness before God, they need to be reconciled to him. John the Baptist, therefore, by speaking generally of the sin of the world, intended to impress upon us the conviction of our own misery, and to exhort us to seek the remedy. Now our duty is, to embrace the benefit which is offered to all, that each of us may be convinced that there is nothing to hinder him from obtaining reconciliation in Christ, provided that he comes to him by the guidance of faith.”

Romans 5:18

“He makes this favor common to all, because it is propounded to all, and not because it is in reality extended to all; for though Christ suffered for the sins of the whole world, and is offered through God's benignity indiscriminately to all, yet all do not receive him”

Mark 14:24

Which is shed for many. By the word many he means not a part of the world only, but the whole human race

This last comment by Calvin, is on the Lord's Supper, which is clear that he includes Judas!

Now tell me that I misunderstand Calvin

7. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

What you are teaching and believing is false. No where does God's Word state that.
    Your statement "which makes God the One who believes for the sinner".....is false.
    That is from your fleshly intellect in thinking so, NOT from the Holy Spirit.

No it is God giving the sinner the grace to see His Sin, does it not state "the Holy Spirit is sent to convict the world of sin"?
    So it is the work of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God to cause the human to be convicted of sin, and therefore is granted the Grace to accept that he is a sinner. Once seen, confessed, forgiven, and cleansed by the Blood and sealed by the Holy Spirit. For the Holy Spirit does the work, not by man's will, but by God's will, for His purposes, for His Glory according to HIS WILL!

Php_2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

It is the Will and Mercy of God to show on whom He shall grant mercy, "both to will and to do of HIS Good pleasure." Your argument is with the Lord and His Word.....and that is a stumbling block to you. That which is of the flesh is flesh.....and that which is of the Spirit is Spirit.

The Lord bless you......
    In His Love.....

8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    so it IS God Who believes for the sinner, as I have already said!

Your theology is well UNBIBLICAL!

The Bible Way of Salvation

#28 SavedByGrace, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022