1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Luther Was Error Free In Every Religious Doctrine

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So...it's just an opinion with no measurable data and thus one could claim that the Prophets of Zwickau are equal to Luther if one so chose?

John, this entire thread is valueless. It touches on the Corinthian problem of shouting out which teacher they claimed as their guru. Paul rebuked them for such silliness.

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wow very Christ like Menno.

I bet you don't pray for forgiveness do you? Your just entitled to it.

Pointing fingers at everyone for their wrongs isn't going to hide you from YOUR WRONGS Menno.

Your license to sin has been revoked.

The virtue of the church that I attend is that it was hand picked by Jesus Christ. All your teachers agreed, which is why they had to become PROTESTANT AND REFORMIST. The Catholic Church is just the Catholic church. Its not "the we need to fix it" , "out of order" , "looking for real deal" church.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know that inspired Apostles ended when Apostle John died though!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The RCC denies the true Gospel that saves, so that would NOT be the church founded by Christ!

5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Okay [edit: name calling], tell me, what gospel of Christ is it that the Holy Catholic Church denies? The Catholic Church teaches salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, don't you subscribe to that teaching?

#105 Adonia, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2017
  6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hold to saved by grace alone faith alone, does Rome?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No bar mitzvah? I know ecumenism is rampant, but this has to be borderline absurd. See Mt. 7: 21-23 in context.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    LOL, provide the biblical text where Jesus says "I hand pick the church at Rome."

God has ordained that the church at Rome exist. God has ordained that the church at Rome would fall into apostasy. God has even ordained that you would believe the lies of Rome.

9. utilyan

Site Supporter

It does if by faith alone means Faith working through Love.

"By grace alone, in faith in Christ's saving work and not because of any merit on our part, we are accepted by God and receive the Holy Spirit, who renews our hearts while equipping and calling us to good works." Lutheran-Catholic join declaration.

What we continuously are nit-picking about is if you say a Faith Alone meaing devoid of love of God then it cannot intrinsically receive the holy spirit in sin. Its like saying you can get the holy spirit all the while rejecting God.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

Better this church has a lineage from Pope Francis to Peter. It is older then scripture. We wrote the verse numbers and chapters, When ever you want original manuscripts you have to hit us up.

[​IMG]

You don't see any dispute in history. NOT A PEEP!

Like you never see well some baptist calvinist bishop in the year 100ad is shocked at the coming of heretic Catholics.

Cause they don't have baptists at the year 100. The bishops that follow Peter are Catholics, just like Peter and Jesus Christ are Catholics.

You have a whole history of wacky heresies

List of Christian heresies - Wikipedia

Look into history.

Example

Adoptionism, Belief that Jesus was born as a mere (non-divine) man, was supremely virtuous and that he was adopted later as "Son of God" by the descent of the Spirit on him.

This heresy is happening around 268. Buddy there is no bible. There is no canon of scripture. But there is the catholic church condemning it as a heresy and having the guy excomunicated.

There were tons of heresies.

Where is the council, group or even one guy who is suprised at these "BRAND NEW" heretics known as the Catholics?

NEVER, ZERO, ZIP, NADA, TOO BAD, SO SAD, BYE BYE!

11. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Peter has zero affiliation with Rome as a bishop. That's a story made up by your good ole' boys club. Your horrid interpretation about Peter being the Rock of the Roman church upon which the church universal would be built is one of those classic misstatements by the popes and their minions.

Peter would weep to be affiliated with a marxist like Francis.

12. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shall we consider such things as the schism between East and West or is it West and East? How about anti-popes and popes emeritus? One more: the rift between The West and The West since Vatican II.

Regarding the Written Word: there are no known original autographs--thousands of copies exist--from two rivers--the copies from River Tiber are seriously corrupted.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. Jesus

13. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Faith and our active co-operation, that is what has been taught to the faithful from the beginning.

14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Horrid interpretation? The Scriptures are pretty clear on that one, St. Peter was indeed singled out above all the other Apostles. Like the Kings of the OT who had their overseers, Jesus is the King and Peter was the overseer of His church here on earth. And Paul was the pre-eminent evangelist. Got that?

15. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As I said: Horrid interpretation of that passage...with a forced connection to the church at Rome. That interpretation was created from smoke and mirrors as a power grab...something the church at Rome has been doing since the State took it over and merged it with its pagan ways.

Now...back to a flawed saint by the name of Martin Luther...

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

I dunno why you want to bring politics. I hate to break it to you but its a Monarchy and Jesus Christ is King.

I don't mind if the story is made up that claim comes dime a dozen to anyone's faith, its just that its a 2000 year old story.

Everyone you have to trust to ensure your bible is the bible says its the truth.

How good is your faith in the word of God? Word of God dictates things like how to pick out a bishop ect, the immediate successors to the apostles who got their posts while apostles are alive, trained by apostles, teach and believe what? They were Catholics. They teach the same teachings.

They were vocal and attacked heresies when they arose.

When did the Catholics arise? where is the historical shock to these new heretics known as Catholics?

There is nothing no where.

Please entertain us. You claim the apostasy well where is it? where is the cry of people against these heresies?

At least make up story with NAMES and DATES. if your going to fake a LIE all your "facts" do it with style.

17. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well since I am not Jewish then why would I want to have a bar mitzvah? And why is it absurd that I attend the local Catholic parish on Saturday Vigil Mass, attend the local Baptist Church on Sunday mornings and that I am both a Baptized Catholic and a Baptized Baptist?

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we would state that salvation is NOT dependent upon us co operating with God thru sacraments to get good enough to merit Him saving us!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except jesus and Paul stated God ONLY requires faith in jesus to save!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except that Scriptures stated paul was JUST as important as Him, as he was Apostle to Gentiles, Peter to the Jews, so there were 2 Popes then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.