1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Luther Was Error Free In Every Religious Doctrine

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Peter like all the Apostles left their families to do God's work.

2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then you deny St. Paul's words on Holy Communion and reject the teaching on the Holy Eucharist by the Universal Christian Church from day one. Like I said before, no one should be looking to you for the correct teaching on these things.

3. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No. Peter did not abandon his wife and family. There is no biblical evidence for such a claim. Your stories are made up centuries after Peter walked the earth.

4. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1 Corinthians 11:23-25
    [23]For I pass on to you what I received from the Lord himself. On the night when he was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread
    [24]and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.”
    [25]In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.”

I gladly accept God's word. I remember Yeshua with gratitude and love.

I also reject the interpretation of God's word given by false teachers in the papacy.

This seems to be so very hard for you to grasp...that God's word is not the popes word. The pope and his papites are wrong.

5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And your interpretations are right? Haaaaaaaaaa! Now that's funny!

"So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord". "Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves". 1 Cor 11:27-29

This is the passage that tells us the truth - orthodox teaching has gotten it right and you have gotten it wrong. If you can get this basic Christian doctrine so wrong, you have zero credibility on any of your other biblical pronouncements.

6. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Adonia, the meal the Corinthians were eating was leaving some people out. They were drinking to get drunk. The meal was a debauchery. Thus their remembrance of Yeshua was disrespectful. They did not understand that being in Christ is an amazingly gracious thing. To be adopted by the King is glorious.

Does your church have a meal together? Do you go through the sadir and present Christ as the Lamb slain for the people and having his blood spread on the door post so you might have life? That was the meal Jesus and his disciples were sharing during Passover. They didn't have a priest at the front of a church with a flask of wine and a wafer made from a factory somewhere like your church does.

What then, in the context of what is taking place in Corinth, is an unworthy manner? Is it unworthy if I remember the blood of Jesus spent for me and the body given as a ransom for me? Must I imagine that the wafer is human flesh I eat or the wine is human blood I swallow? Does that make it more worthy?

What does it mean to improperly discern the body of Christ? Adonia, what does the Bible mean when it tells Christians that they are dead to themselves and alive in Christ? Why does Paul tell us on multiple occasions that he has died with Christ and it is now Christ who lives within him? Do you realize what it means to be a very part of the body of Christ? When we died with Christ we were also raised with Christ and we have a position beside the throne of the Almighty. (See Ephesians 2)
    We do not need more merits of grace by eating a wafer or drinking some wine and claiming they are the physical body and blood of Yeshua. We are already in Christ Jesus when He chooses to adopt us and make us his child. We are in Christ Jesus. Remember that! We are children of the King. Remember that! We have a King who ransomed us and took the blows of the Father for us. Remember that! Everytime you participate in communion, remember what the King has done for you, an orphan who was living in rebellion to the King.

You don't need any more merits of grace. God has given you all the grace you will ever need when He chose to save you and adopt you out of rebellion. Rejoice! The King has paid for your freedom!

That is what it means to remember Yeshua in a worthy manner. He is your ransom and your King. He has saved you. Remember that.

7. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was Baptized as an infant in the Catholic Church. I chose to be Baptized via immersion in the Baptist Church as a public profession of faith that I gave my life to Christ.

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 11 PM Pacific.

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.