1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MacArthur vs. Platt

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Calminian, Nov 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeshua1, is this how you would personally speak to a work colleague who is liberal?

Most humans love with conditions attached, including most Christians. I have friends who are very liberal and are not Christian at all. They volunteer to assist others at local food shelves and shelters. They help homeless person's and find housing for the poor. From a human perspective, they care deeply for others. It saddens me that they are not Christian because they do wonderful things for the community.

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have never had vacancies when they had a filibuster proof Senate.

3. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the end-all for Supreme Court justices. Senate tradition to not break it. Obama and Trump have been onlyt two Presidents to get their party to not observe the filibuster for Justices.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The DNC senate had the.....er....intestinal fortitude...to break tradition (and it did bite them later....like this year).

Bottom line is the GOP would have to hate abortion more than they love power....and we both know that is not going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets see: If the Republicans hold the Senate, and the RINO's do not vote with the Dems, then the Dem's will be unable to pack the court, or add Dem states, or end the filibuster practice. But I can foresee red states taking executive order dictates to court.
    And thus the SCOTUS might have the opportunity to save our republic.

6. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Including the humans that are alive.
    Reynolds, do you spend multiple hours per week caring for the homeless and poor? I hope you do. I have some liberal friends who do so.
    I wonder, if you dragged them before Jesus, would Jesus start writing in the dirt until you walked away?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea what Jesus would do. He always did something I would never have imagined. Filthy dogs support murder of the innocent. False religions and cults do plenty of good works.
    What I do really ain't none of your blooming business, but I do my fair share of ministering to the hungry and sick.

Murder of innocent babies is evil. Those who support the filthy devil's who keep this enshrined as a platform plank, are equally evil with blood all over their hands. Go hand out food and it makes the blood on their hands go away? No. They get no free passes!

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, we do know what Jesus would do. The society in which Jesus lived practiced abortion (two centuries later it would be penalized). Because of Hellensic influences an unborn child was not considered to be a person.

So we can read the Bible and see how Jesus and His disciples sought to make abortion illegal. We can see just how involved the early Church was in politics.

The answer is they were not. Those who were Roman citizens refused to vote because it was to involve oneself with the worldly powers that Christ had died to free them from.

9. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Murder is evil, period. Republicans and Democrats have blood on their hands. Neither you nor I are guiltless and voting for Republicans does not make you less guilty.

I have made my statement about idol worship of politics by Christians. I don't retract that assertion. Feel free to excuse yourself if that helps dull your conscience. Both of us will stand before our King and be judged.

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which party has official plank to protect abortion?
    Which party has official plank to protect the un-born?
    You care more about your Commie-leftist friends than you care about truth.

11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You care more about political parties and controlling people than you care about...your King. That is idol worship.
    There are two commandments for us to follow:
    1) Love the Lord your God with all your heart.
    2) Love your neighbor as yourself.

Do you see what is missing? Nowhere does it say: Vote Republican or you aren't a Christian.
    It seems you are a one issue person (the issue of abortion is very important). I don't see Jesus being a one issue person. I do see him emphasizing 2 commandments, however.
    How are we doing with those two commandments?

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This year has been an eye-opener for me. I realized that many Christians cling to the Constitution tighter than they do the Sermon on the Mount.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost its savor, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and trodden under foot of men. Mt 5

14. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Patrick Henry "It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains."

15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What it is all about is not being hypocritical about it. We are to keep our selves holy not the whole world. It appears to me you are more than willing to Judge others which is not your.Job We are to be seperate from the world or haven't you read that far yet.
    MB

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just go to any University or College, and watch how much "love: liberal profs show to any who support Jesus or the biblically morality!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet the Apostle paul seemed to love to use His Roman rights when need be, so he was a citizen of Rome and of Heaven!

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we just do not see it as being Either/or!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is refusing to accept BLM and other liberal garbage meaning acting non Christian?

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Jesus and Paul did. :Wink

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.