Made, not Declared

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Jun 10, 2021.

1. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alistair Begg says it best...

2. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see copy and paste smokescreed.

Romans 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness

Romans 4:23-24 Now not for his sake only was it written that it was credited to him,
    but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, to us who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead

Colossians 2:12 Having been buried with him in baptism, you also have been raised with Him by means of your credited faith in the divine power of God who raised Jesus from the dead.

The claim that the lost are unable to put their trust in the gospel of Christ or is self-generated faith is hogwash. Scripture refers to "your faith, his faith, my faith" and the denial we can put faith in something (valid or invalid information) is a denial of scripture.

God requires the lost to believe in the One He sent.
    God provides the information in which to believe.
    God gave humanity the capacity to believe in information.
    Thus our faith is "generated" by God for God

3. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke 23:39-43

One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!” But the other responded, and rebuking him, said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation “And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our crimes; but this man has done nothing wrong.” And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom!” And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

What was the faith of the criminal? 1) He believed in God. 2) Jesus had done nothing wrong. 3) He believed Jesus was "coming into His Kingdom." 4) He believed Jesus could "remember" him.

Not too shabby...