1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Man Carries LOADED AR-15 Rifle Through World's Busiest Airport

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yup, that's the ticket. He didn't act Christ-like, so you don't have to, either.

Personally, I would have mentioned something to him about which part of Africa? Maybe the part where the whites still practice racism worse than what we see here in the US?

But nah, you go ahead and keep complaining about the un-Christ-like behavior of everyone else here, while exhibiting it yourself.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I didn't question how he or I acted. I questioned how you hypocritically swooped in to point the finger at me while ignoring his comments? Now one must ask himself why that is? And after asking such a question, you'd been better off not commenting about my Christ-likeness while putting little of your own on display.

But you didn't. As is the case often on this board, somebody has to try to put me in my place. :laugh: Which I don't mind at all. I just don't take kindly to the hypocrisy of pointing at me while ignoring the other person's comments. It speaks to the motive for commenting at all. And it had nothing to do with me not displaying CHrist-likeness.

And you go ahead and keep showing yourself to be a hypocrite and exposing that you weren't concerned at all with my unChrist-likeness but rather positioning yourself to be able to say

Because if it had anything to do with rebuking me for my unChrist-likeness, you would have spoken to his too.

So save the false rebuke for some of the slow people who can't see through your motives. :rolleyes:

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it is not. The AR-15 is not an assault rifle. The AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle (just like many hunting rifles), but an assault rifle is a rifle that can be used as an automatic weapon - that is, a machine gun. Only a few people have permits to own automatic weapons (including assault rifles) and they have been heavily regulated since the mid-1930s. Just about every time you hear someone talking about the need to ban assault rifles, they are demonstrating their ignorance or they are being dishonest, and shouldn't be considered a credible source for gun policy.

Police officers have the right and responsibility to question persons who are acting in an atypical manner, especially when holding items which can be used as a weapon. They need to conduct a brief investigation to determine if the person is a threat to the general public.

But make no mistake, what the man did was idiotic and irresponsible.

Actually, the intensity or color of his skin tone is likely irrelevant here. With the beatings that the police have taken over some legitimate and non-legitimate shootings of non-white persons over the past year, I imagine that very few of them want to get into a situation where they would have to decide whether or not to shoot a non-white person who was endangering the public.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quite defensive, aren't you? One would think I hit a nerve....

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not for the race mongers. Imaginations have to run wild.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

One would think you didn't respond to the truthfulness of what I said but rather tried to change the subject? Did I hit a nerve?