1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marian Apparitions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Zenas, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

You are entitled to your opinion, but personally, I don't think you have a clue about how the RCC views Mary the Mother of God.

WM

2. WestminsterMan

The Rosary is praying - in otherwords, she told them to pray for peace. Do you have something against peace there B?

WM

3. WestminsterMan

What I have seen here thus far is a discussion about these - a free (and sometimes distastefully hateful) and open discussion about RCC beliefs. They are not being taught nor are they being espoused. If I have missed something, please give me the post number.

WM

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Lucia then asked if they would go to heaven and she was told yes, she and Jacinta would go to heaven, but Francisco would need to say many rosaries first.

He wishes to establish the devotion to My Immaculate Heart throughout the world. I promise salvation to whoever embraces it;

This demon preaches "another gospel" of salvation than Jesus Christ. The gospel of saying the Rosary in order to go to heaven. Salvation promised to those who devote themself to her immaculate heart!

5. WestminsterMan

Well then, there's no problem for the RCC being the woman sitting on the hill as that must refer to the Roman Empire. Unless of course, you are stating that the RCC existed back as far as 69-79 A.D. Hmmmm...

WM

6. WestminsterMan

Ok...Ok... we got it already. You think that the RCC teaches another gospel, yada, yada, yada. Now, have you anything constructive to add to the discussion or will you simply blather on with the same tired anti-Catholic talking points. Why not go read a Jack Chick track or something. He hates everybody.

WM

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You know exactly what I believe and you are intentionally distorting it. The apple (WM) does not fall far from the tree (RCC).

Pagan Mystery Babylonian Religion dwelt at Rome and ruled the secular powers. The Ante-Nicene fathers are the record of apostasy where the same Mystery Babylonian Relgion became Christianized and united with secular Rome under Constantine. False institutionalized Relgion (mystery Babylon) rules over the secular goverments of the world.

So, it is not "Christianized" Babylon that existed back as far as 69-79 A.D. but Pagan Babylon religion. Then pagan Babylonian religion was Christianized between the end of the first century until it cyrstalized with secular Rome under Constantine.

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

It is you that does not have a clue about the real "mary" Rome worships - the Babylonian Queen of Heaven and the Roman Madonna. Fatima reveals her exactly as she was in pagan babylonian religion.

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The rosary is not praying to God. It is magnifying Mary in the place of God. Nowhere in Scripture can you find such a prayer must be said IN ORDER TO BE saved as this demon taught!

10. WestminsterMan

Where did you receive your education - from Podunk, U? Look Mr. smarmy-pants; why not try a little intellectual discourse for a change. I hope I’m not asking too much of you.

WM

11. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Funny thing, we had one on here preaching catholic false teachings, and the same asked for documented proof that they pray TO Mary. It was provided. Been awfully quiet since.

Frankly, RCC and Catholic teachings are false teachings and are to be avoided.

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

They are also downright creepy. Reading about all this Mary worship and apparitions gives me a bad feeling spiritually.

13. WestminsterMan

Well, I don't think that's exaclly what that meant, but I'm not an expert on it either. However, I don't find anything wrong with the Hail Mary Prayer part of the rosary. I actually find it to be Christocentric.

Hail Mary full of grace - the Lord is with thee;
    Blessed art thou amoung women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus;

Well, the first two lines of the prayer are derived from scripture. Hmmm... let's continue...

Holy Mother Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Well Mary is Jesus' mother and He is God , so she can rightly be called the Mother of God. As for praying for us sinners - we are all thus. The final part stems from the Catholic belief that those in heaven can intervein on our behalf.

So - what is the stink with you and the Catholics there B?

WM

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

13 October 1917

"I want to tell you that a chapel is to be built here in my honour. I am the Lady of the Rosary. Continue always to pray the Rosary every day. The war is going to end, and the soldiers will soon return to their homes."

Find anywhere in Scripture where God sent a creature, a created being to instruct men to build a "chapel" (place of worship" for their own honor????? This is the height of blasphemy.

This is the demon that Rome prays to and honors with titles belonging only to goddess - "Queen of Heaven" "Star of the Sea" "Mother of God"

Holy Mary
    Holy Mother of God
    Holy Virgin of Virgins
    Mother of Christ
    Mother of the Church
    Mother of Divine Grace
    Mother Most Pure
    Mother Most Chaste
    Mother Inviolate
    Mother Undefiled
    Mother Most Amiable
    Mother Admirable
    Mother of Good Counsel
    Mother of Our Creator
    Mother of Our Redeemer
    Mother of Mercy
    Virgin Most Prudent
    Virgin Most Venerable
    Virgin Most Renowned
    Virgin Most Powerful
    Virgin Most Merciful
    Virgin Most Faithful
    Mirror of Justice
    Seat of Wisdom
    Cause of Our Joy
    Spiritual Vessel
    Vessel of Honor
    Singular Vessel of Devotion
    Mystical Rose
    Tower of David
    Tower of Ivory
    House of Gold
    Ark of the Covenant
    Gate of Heaven
    Morning Star
    Health of the Sick
    Refuge of Sinners
    Comfort of the Afflicted
    Help of Christians
    Queen of Angels
    Queen of Patriarchs
    Queen of Prophets
    Queen of Apostles
    Queen of Martyrs
    Queen of Confessors
    Queen of Virgins
    Queen of All Saints
    Queen Conceived Without Original Sin
    Queen Assumed Into Heaven
    Queen of the Most Holy Rosary
    Queen of Families
    Queen of Peace

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Count how many times Mary is glorified OVER and above any Person of the Godhead in the rosary and then tell me who it really honors!!

16. WestminsterMan

You do know that the "Our Father" is part of the roasary don't you? It seems odd that a prayer that you "claim" magnifies Mary, would include that little tid-bit as well as a dedication to the Trinity. Oh Biblicist... you are so funny. ;)

WM

17. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

How many times is "Hail Mary" said in comparison to any Person in the Godhead? Not funny - pure blasphemy!

18. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Your simply modeling Satanic strategies. When he cannot win on substance he ridicules, mocks and makes personal attacks. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

19. WestminsterMan

Man - you don't even know what the rosary is. During each hail Mary, depending on the type of rosary, the person contemplates Jesus. Let's examine the sorowful mysteries for example.

There are five decades of the rosary. Each decade covers a mystery during which the person contemplates Jesus. Here they are in order.

The Second Sorrowful Mystery
    THE AGONY IN THE GARDEN

Jesus comes with his disciples to Gethsemani: "Stay here, while I go yonder and pray."
    Entering the garden with Peter, James, and John, Jesus prays, "My soul is sorrowful unto death."
    Jesus sees the sins of all mankind, whose guilt He has taken upon Himself.
    He sees the wrath of the Father which His sufferings must appease.
    So great is his anguish that His sweat becomes as drops of blood falling to the ground.
    An angel appears to Him from heaven to strengthen Him.
    "Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet, not My will but Yours be done."
    Finding the disciples asleep: "Could you not watch one hour with me?"
    Jesus is betrayed by Judas, cruelly bound and led away.
    Father, by the merits of the agony of Jesus in the Garden, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
    Spiritual Fruit: God's Will be done

The Second Sorrowful Mystery
    THE SCOURGING AT THE PILLAR

Jesus is taken before the High Priest where He is falsely accused, buffeted and insulted.
    The Jewish leaders take Jesus before Pilate, for only he can impose the death penalty.
    The robber, Barabbas, is preferred to Jesus.
    Pilate can "find no cause in Him", yet to appease the Jews, he orders Jesus to be scourged.
    The scourge is made of leather thongs to which are attached small sharp bones.
    Jesus is bound to a pillar and cruelly scourged until His whole body is covered with deep wounds.
    The Lamb of God offers His suffering for the sins of mankind.
    Jesus suffers so much in His sacred flesh to satisfy, especially, for sins of the flesh.
    The prophesy of Isaiah is fulfilled: "He was wounded for our iniquities, He was bruised for our sins."
    Father, by the merits of Jesus in this painful scourging, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
    Spiritual Fruit: Mortification of the senses

The Third Sorrowful Mystery
    THE CROWNING WITH THORNS

Pilate asks, "Are You a king?" Jesus answers: "I am a King, but My kingdom is not of this world."
    In the praetorium, the soldiers place an old purple robe on Jesus in mockery of His claim to be a king.
    They fashion a crown out of thorns, and forcefully press it down upon His head.
    In His bound hands they place a reed, as a sceptre, in mockery of His kingship.
    Kneeling before Him in derision, they spit on Him, and cry out: "Hail, King of the Jews!"
    Taking the reed from His hand they strike Him on the head, driving the thorns more deeply into His scalp.
    Pilate brings Jesus before the people, hoping His pitiful sight will soften them: "Behold the man!"
    Their response: "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!"
    Our Blessed Lord submitted to this terrible humiliation to make reparation for our pride.
    Father, by the merits of this painful humiliation, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
    Spiritual Fruit: Reign of Christ in our heart

The Fourth Sorrowful Mystery
    THE CARRYING OF THE CROSS

One condemned to death by crucifixion is forced to carry the cross to the place of execution.
    The suffering of Jesus is intense as the cross is laid on His bruised and wounded back and shoulders.
    Weak and exhausted from loss of blood, lack of food and rest, Jesus falls three times under the cross.
    Jesus meets His afflicted Mother causing untold anguish in the Hearts of Son and Mother.
    The countenance of Jesus is disfigured with blood and sweat, with dust and spittle.
    Veronica wipes His face, leaving on her towel the image of His countenance.
    Fearing that Jesus might die on the way, the soldiers force Simon of Cyrene to carry the cross behind Jesus.
    Jesus speaks to weeping women; "Weep not for Me, but for yourselves and your children."
    "If anyone is to be My disciple, let him take up his cross and follow Me."
    Father, by the merits of this painful journey to Calvary, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
    Spiritual Fruit: Patient bearing of trials

The Fifth Sorrowful Mystery
    THE CRUCIFIXION

The hands and feet of Jesus are nailed to the cross in the presence of His afflicted Mother.
    "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
    "This day you will be with Me in paradise."
    "Woman, behold your Son. Son, behold your Mother."
    "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
    "I thirst."
    "It is finished."
    "Father, into Your hands I commend My spirit."
    The side of Jesus is pierced with a lance. His body is taken down and placed in the arms of His Mother.
    Father, by the merits of the crucifixion and death of Jesus, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
    Spiritual Fruit: Pardoning of Injuries

Apparently, those poor dumb deceived Catholics are able to think about more than one thing at a time. It's called contemplative prayer and its ALL ABOUT JESUS.

WM

20. WestminsterMan

You already said that.

WM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.