1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Marks of the early church

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rebel1, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Women living by themselves in communities devoting their lives to prayer and helping others in no way violates any principle of the Scriptures. What are the principles of the Scriptures? I would say love, sacrifice, and faith to name just three and those who live in religious communities (male or female) exemplify them all.

#61 Adonia, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are not anymore "spiritual" in sight of God then any other woman though, correct?

3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Here is another mark of the early church, Its still around and didn't start last weekend.

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

The Bishops of the early church are in touch with each other
    Read your history. Constantine backed a non-trinitarian version of Christianity. You think we Catholics are some big bad empire. We were on the RUN! The catacombs, Even the MASS means dismissal we were on the GO!

And all of Christianity hung on one thread we were exclusively the Trinitarian view:
    Athanasius of Alexandria

Athanasius of Alexandria - Wikipedia

In addition to the conflict with the Arians (including powerful and influential Arian churchmen led by Eusebius of Nicomedia), he struggled against the Emperors Constantine, Constantius II, Julian the Apostate and Valens. He was known as Athanasius Contra Mundum (Latin for Athanasius Against the World).

Where do you get your history brother? think about it, its all accusation with a bias against the church. You don't pick up a historians history book, but rather a theologian's view of history book. Don't expect to hear GOOD things about Jews from a Nazi history book.

Take a look at history with your own eyes. The Catholic Church protected TRINITY undoubtedly

This saint is a God sent gift. Cause if he failed no christian would trinitarians.

His chain link was protected by God, how Christianity survives through this guy is a miracle.

He was in so much trouble his name literally means against the whole world.

This is my understanding, I could be wrong, show us how it went down, but don't ignore the history.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Theologians did not participate in writing the New Advent Encyclopedia? Much of historical accounting is filled with false premise and unsupportable except by argument from silence. The Book of Acts is filled with Divine accounts of the early New Testament churches. Using extraneous documents, authentic and false from so called "holy fathers" to corroborate scripture is a fatal error in spiritual judgement. "Let God be found True; and every man a liar." Romans 3:4.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact is that Rome was not the center and standard for all things church.

First Baptistizing Church of Jerusalem was the first.

When Jerusalem was “plowed” by Roman groups in 70AD, Ephesus under the Apostle John became the standard of information decimation.

Rome was basically the “underground” church until Constantine.

The politics, power, greed, lust, pride, became the evidences displayed by the Roman Church. Claiming some papist authority that was and is Antichrist.

That place gulps down the buttermilk of satan. (Paraphrase of a statement by the late Ian Paisley).

It is overrun with perversion of every excess.

It unrepentantly sheds the blood of the believers who stood and do stand for righteousness.

It has no Holy as a see, but thrives in the unwashed stench of filthy vanity.

The Bride of Christ has never been part of the papistry. The worship of icons, priestly indulgences, and veneration of Mary have no place in the true church.

Mary was laid to rest at Ephesus. She had no part at the papal center until someone dug around and found some bones he thought might be her and took them as idols.

Mary would be heart broken at the attention. She was appointed to the Apostle John for care, not Peter.

John. He was given the last words of the Christ. Not Peter.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and it was not the church of Rome!

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

The bible is a accurate history book, it however does not cover who invented GOOGLE or the history of MONKEY BREAD!

We are talking about those who followed the one in the bible, those who actually put the biblical teachings of overseers to the test. Of which you claim not even ONE GENERATION of CHRIST established Christianity survived.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the church of Rome is Apostate, as hold to another Gospel!

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

SOURCE BROTHER? I just gave you a mere WIKIPEDIA, where you can read it and weep. You can click and look at it yourself.

But what is your source?

A Westboro Baptist Uncle Billy bob?

Is your source Encyclopedia Jack Chick?

SLAP IT DOWN like a man, The one who doesn't give sources is making up false lies. PROOF PEOPLE.

Look how in the thread we were threatened, with just tons of history. NO SOURCES, all made up stories and LIES.

Brothers if you don't want to be Catholic, stay the hell away from history and stay away from the Truth.

I don't have to point my finger and say all of you are evil, or your group and faith is evil, I don't have to sling mud at you, I believe all of you are good people and sincerely understand things to be true as you were taught them.

I just need to get you to bring into the light what you say you believe and your sources for it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. utilyan

Site Supporter

Look here ACCUSER,

Our Gospel is JESUS CHRIST. We serve Jesus Christ, WHAT is the name of who you SERVE?

Our Gospel is "THE GOSPELS" the 4 Gospels of the BIBLE. GOSPEL of MATHEW, MARK, LUKE AND JOHN.

Containing the Teachings and Life of Christ. If anyone reads the gospels and doesn't have a clue what the gospel or gist of it all is until they read epistles they are blind as a bat. We even call the books the gospels.

12. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don’t know anything about the true history of the true Bride of Christ or you would be able to recognize all I posted was accurate.

The papist rejects the truth of Scriptures.

Such must bow to idols, pray the rosary, say the endless hails to Mary, and worship a man as having the authority of God.

You do not know the Scriptures, or you would at least be able to recognize the truth, but you cannot because you know not.

The papist religion is a hate filled contrivance built upon the sufferings of the ignorant, the pride of arrogance, and power of politics. Each that which The God of Heaven rejects.

The policies and practices have been deceit and perversion.

Why do you think the papist refused for centuries to teach the Scriptures to the common person?

Even to this day they must compel the ignorant to rely upon what is told to them rather then seeking God.

The typical RCC member must pray to icons, saints, statues, pay indulgence, receive last rites, and still has no assurance of the hope of reconciliation based solely upon the work of Christ.

The papist system is built upon lies.

Who is the father of all lies? Satan

13. utilyan

Site Supporter

Sure brother if you say so. I know you love Jesus, Is your response Christ-like?

I see you point a finger and blame others for things, What is so unreasonable about my request of evidence?

You have baseless accusations, All I did is ask for you to show the history then, show us the sources.

You have the easiest job of all to show us the source to your historic "facts".

You say plenty of bad things about one group, They never said anything bad about you.

John 13
    35“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

I know you got a good heart brother. Show me the evidence. If the shoe was on the other foot I would not insult you I would say look here read this brother this is where I learned this truth or that.

God must have not shown you any mercy at all of any worth to you to be so quick to bite peoples head off when they are in the wrong.

14. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look to your own history.

That which is full of violence, perversion, and excess.

Demands of obedience from people based upon submission or persecution and death.

You know nothing of history to not agree the most important assembly following that of Jerusalem was found at Ephesus.

You know nothing to not agree that Mary the mother of the Lord Jesus Christ accompanied the Apostle John to that place, died and was entombed in that place called Ephesus.

That John also taught and educated many, the most prominent being Polycarp who served as bishop of the whole area until he was martyred as an old man in mid second century. That John’s tomb remains to this day at Ephesus.

15. Rebel1

Rebel1 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Facts are stubborn things. They can be assailed and ridiculed, but they can't be changed.

16. Rebel1

Rebel1 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, I was challenged and met the challenge. I not only named one ECF but many by posting links to articles that not only named ECFs but quoted directly from their writings. These contained incontrovertible evidence that refuted the false claims of Catholicism. And the author was right -- many Catholics cannot be honest about such evidence because doing so would require that they stop being Catholics. Thus, it is impossible to have an honest debate with many Catholics.

17. Rebel1

Rebel1 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no ill will toward anyone here, and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

18. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry, but you did not meet your challenge. From all that I know about the ECF's, they were Catholic to the core. They believed in an orthodox teaching of Christianity, things like the Universal Church, the primacy of Rome, the 7 Sacraments, and most importantly the Real Presence of Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist. You know, all the things that the Johnny-come-lately new Christian sects reject. Merry Christmas. Yes, Merry Christmas - that is really the merry Christ Mass!

19. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let's not talk about lies, shall we? Which lie propagated by what new Christian sect should be believed instead? All any one of you folks has is a different interpretation of the Holy Scriptures, an interpretation that did not occur for some 1400 or so years. And then from this first non-orthodox interpretation, it metastasized into thousands of different conclusions, with thousands of different sects. Just like you claim that somehow Monks, nuns, convents and monasteries are somehow forbidden, you claims here are pure anti-Catholic hyperbole and falsehoods.

20. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What lie do you find that did not occur for 1400 years and now is in the true church called The Bride of Christ? Worship of the Lord Jesus Christ as THE ONLY way, truth, life? Perhaps it is that the just live by faith? Or maybe that there is one mediator between God and humankind?

What about the total deceitfulness found in the papists?

Prayers to Mary? That is a lie of the papists to this day.

Prayers to saints? That is a lie of the papists to this day.

Purgatory? That is a lie of the papists to this day.

Last rites? That is a lie of the papists to this day.

Selling indulgences? That is a lie to this day.

These five, alone, are foundational holdings of the papists. They are totally a lie from Satan. Not a single one is authorized, encouraged, or even mentioned in the Scriptures except in terms of condemnation.

• Winner Winner x 1