Medication vs 'Self" medicating

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, May 10, 2012.

1. freeatlast New Member

I am not sure what you are saying about an imbalance. Are you saying he cannot stand up or walk without falling and needs medication to correct that? if so then his condition has no connection to behavior problems and you are talking apples and oranges and that has no connection to this thread.

2. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would you post what is untrue.

I have no problem using Scriptures, nor do I disagree with or change Scriptures.

I wonder if I should put my answer to you on a key so that it would take less strokes.

I agree that confessing and forsaking is the way of dealing with sin.

3. freeatlast New Member

Any drug that hinders behavior masks sin. The only way to deal with sin which is a spiritual issue according to the bible is confession and forsaking.

4. freeatlast New Member

Yes but you deny what is sin and that denies the bible. Any behavior problem is from sin (spiritual issue) and you deny that and claim some are medically induced.

5. preacher4truth Active Member

So now you're going to get smart alecked, right, pulling the he can't walk or stand up? I'm glad you have the protective measures of the internet to wax Pharisaical behind your monitor, but God see all and you'll answer for that.

You take joy in tackling a young boy with smart alecked responses, yes? What a man you are. :rolleyes:

I guarantee you that you would never say such hateful mean spirited nonsense to my face if you have any sense at all. :love2:

My sons issues aside, answer the questions I supplied to you, and quit tucking tail.

The problem is, you can't answer them, and if you had to, it would severely damage your Pharisaical religion, then you'd be left to face yourself.

You're just a Pharisee sitting at your computer feeling you're one of the lone Christians in all the earth, while accusing others of 'rejecting the Bible', 'looking for an excuse to sin' along with your other nonsense accusations. None of your accusations are truth, the thing is, everything you say exposes the bad fruit you bear.

:wavey:

6. preacher4truth Active Member

Name the drugs and the sins or put your accusations to a rest. :wavey:

7. Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Freeatlast- Answer or crawl back into your self-delusional, self-righteous hole.

OK, now I'm done.

8. preacher4truth Active Member

Yep. :wavey: :love2:

9. freeatlast New Member

Drugs mask sin, but confession and forsaking sets the person free.

10. Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

He cannot do it. He's all talk with no substance.

11. freeatlast New Member

Any drug that hinders behavior masks sin. Some drugs heightened behavior and makes sin easier. All sin is a spiritual issue and the only biblical fix is confession and forsaking not drugs.

12. preacher4truth Active Member

Truth. He has yet to answer. Hey, if he does, let me know when he with specificity answers my questions, otherwise I am done with this thread.

:thumbs:

13. preacher4truth Active Member

Name the drug and the sin.

14. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What "sin" have I denied?

Or have I denied what YOU want to claim is a sin?

I have not denied that behavior problems have at their root as sin; however, what you neglected, I also stated that there is lasting effects that the root, when confessed and forsaken, will still need dealt and may not be a spiritual problem.

I gave the example of one who has abused street drugs. The sin may be confessed and forsaken but the effects of the sin linger. The chemical imbalance that lingers may medical attention, as well as the spiritual counsel and growth.

I further stated that as spiritual growth occurs then some, with close Godly friendships to aid in monitoring, may elect to lessen the medication and even stop. The lingering effects of sin are not always cast away by confessing and forsaking.

15. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you are not making a blanket statement because if so I believe you are mistaken FAL.

I have a condition called Celiac disease, a progressive regenerative disease which worsens over time.

It is my body's inability to process gluten (which is found in wheat flour).
    The result is a destruction of the villi in the lower GI.

The viili are what process the minerals we need to live, potassium, magnesium, etc.

When one has a deficiency of these minerals an imbalance occurs and there is/can be a behavioral change.

However my own personal believe is that if one sins while in an altered state one is still reponsible to God for sinning.

Anyway in my case the cure is easy - don't eat foods with gluten (not so easy for a pizza fan).

There are gluten free breads and flour products however.

Then there is diabetes, a hormonal imbalance, anemia, a serum iron imbalance, etc, etc...

HankD

16. freeatlast New Member

The substance is the word of God. Show me one person in the bible that would be said to have a mental illness today and God said give them drugs. Every behavior in the bible calls for confession and forsaking not drugs.

17. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It occurs to me that he may be confusing street drugs with the medical oversight of a Godly professional.

18. freeatlast New Member

No medical condition can make you sin. Sin is an issue of the heart, spirit/mind, and is dealt with by confession and forsaking. Sin is a spiritual issue not a medical one.

19. freeatlast New Member

No I am simply saying what the bible teaches. A godly medical professional would know what drugs mask behavior and confession and forsaking sets the person free.

20. Amy.G New Member

Of course sin is a spiritual issue. Good grief, who has said any different???? But YOU are saying that depression and mental illness is always a result of sin. THAT is where you are wrong! It CAN be, but not ALWAYS. Sometimes it has a physical root! Little children do not have mental issues because they have committed some sin! There are many children in this country alone who have mental illness because of their abusive parents. Why not lay the sin at the right door?

:BangHead: