1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Megyn Kelly: Santa Claus and Jesus are White

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Dec 15, 2013.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jews are usually classified as Caucasians, as are other Semitic peoples. Chances are that St. Nicholas, the original Catholic saint, was Caucasian, also. Israel is an oriental country, located in the near East. Christianity, then, is an oriental religion that took hold in the Occident first.

As for Cleopatra, she was also Caucasian, for she was Greek and a Ptolomey, as everyone knows.

The real problem with Santa Claus is his Christian origin, and, of course, Jesus, the Christian Saviour, is the most hated man in the history of the world.

Isaiah 53:3 (KJV) He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Jews are usually classified as Caucasian by Caucasians, not by Jews. Up until not too long ago in the US, neither Jews nor people of German or Irish descent were considered white.

We don't know the heritage of her parents or her grandparents we can't properly say she was Caucasian.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Zaac --> [​IMG] <--TND

In response to the article written by a black woman who called Santa "melanin deficient" and an "old fat white guy," Megyn said that's how culture has portrayed him. You can spin, lie, and stand on your head for all I care, it isn't going to change what Kelly said.

Yeah, Zaac, you're the resident psychologist. Explain it all for us, won't you?

:rolleyes:

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hooah:thumbs:

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nice attempt to spin. But she clearly stated that Jesus and Santa Claus are white. Now refute it again because it get's funnier each time.

You need a resident psychologist? I can get you some recommendations. Psychologists are supposed to be really good in dealing with anger issues.:thumbsup:

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We cannot base an intelligent decision on the errors of the past. As for your point about Cleopatra, what you said is just not true. We know that she was a Ptolomey. Furthermore, the ancient Egyptians are not portrayed as black by any ancient source. Even modern Egyptians, or Arabs, would not be portrayed as black. It would be an error to say that Jews are black or oriental. If you look at the Jews in Israel today, you can see that they are Caucasian.

You really have no scientific proof to refute Kelly so you should drop your assertions, which sound like some kind of Aryan stuff to the modern ear.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

OK. She didn't blatantly, flatly and unequivocally state "Jesus and Santa are white." You can't find a single segment of the video in which she says that. She qualified it just as I've stated, by saying that is how culture has portrayed them. Now have your laugh. It will be rather hollow since it is based on a false premise.

No thanks. I almost are one.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wasnt Santa Clause based on St Nick? - who was a real person (270 - 343 AD)

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

Who cares what this hollow-headed news person said?

News people say stupid stuff every day. Move on.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wasnt Santa based on St Nick - who was a real person? (270-343 AD)

11. thisnumbersdisconnected

Megyn Kelly is one of the most intelligent, well-researched journalists on the air today. Calling her "hollow-headed" is grossly inaccurate.

Happily. But there are those who won't let it go away.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She is not hollow headed by any stretch of the imagination.

Liberals who want to shut Fox News down because President Obama cannot control them.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Neither are we to base them on the errors of today.

According to studies, knowing that does't mean too much unless you know the heritage of her parents. Scholars have said that she (Cleopatra) could have been anything from Nubian to Greek. We don't know.

Been there. There are plenty of Egyptians and Arabs that, would be called Black in the United States. The majority of Arabs and Egyptians would be referred to as anything but Caucasian.

Been there too. I look at the Jews in Israel today and clearly see they are Jewish. I can just about always tell you when someone here in the US is Jewish too. Their skin is not Caucasian.

You really have none to support her so you should drop yours which sounds like an Americanized Caucasian superiority complex.

People outside the United States have Santa Clauses that look like they do.

He's only white to folks who think that what white people think he is should be the end of the conversation.

He's a fictional character who has for centuries taken on the characteristics of the people.

Like I said before, send Megyn to Nigeria and see if Santa Claus or his depictions are white.

14. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, she said some pretty dumb things here. No one knows what color Jesus was, but in all probability, he was probably very dark skinned as most Middle-Eastern men are.

I work with several fellows from Yemen, they are Semitic, and their skin is black.

This might cause some trouble for this newscaster, but it is hardly going to shut Fox down.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First I do not believe that but have you ever said something dumb?

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

I say dumb things all the time, but I am not on national news. You have to be aware of that at all times. There are some subjects best left alone, and this is one of them.

Look, I hate political correctness as much as anyone, probably more, but this lady is in the spotlight 24/7. She must keep her guard up all the time, because there is always someone out to get her and Fox news.

I personally don't think she said anything that bad, I don't think she is a bigot. She is correct, Santa Claus has traditionally been presented as a fat white guy with a pure white beard.

But Jesus was from the Middle East and it is very unlikely that he was white. He was probably very dark skinned, and who knows? He could have been black. What does it matter?

Yes, the church has always shown Jesus as white, but she should have been smart enough to know that is not necessarily true.

As I said earlier, I believe God was wise not to describe Jesus's appearance so that no group could claim him as their own. Jesus is the Son of God who loved men of every color and died for men of every color, and that is all that matters.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You siad she was hollow headed. That is a pretty strong indictment.

18. thisnumbersdisconnected

He is Jewish, a Semite, who are white.
    Semite: [ˈsiːmaɪt] less commonly, Shemite
    n
    1. (Social Science/Peoples) a member of the group of Caucasoid peoples [emphasis added] who speak a Semitic language, including the Jews and Arabs as well as the ancient Babylonians, Assyrians, and Phoenicians
    2. (Social Science/Peoples) another word for a Jew
    [from New Latin sēmīta descendant of Shem, via Greek Sēm, from Hebrew Shem]​
    He was probably very dark skinned ... [/quote]Probably not. Look at any of the Semitic races today and tell me they are anything other than Caucasian. You're right, it doesn't matter, but in reality, it is historical and genetic fact.

19. Winman

Winman Active Member

She was not thinking. You don't go on national TV today and tell the world Jesus was white. That offends a lot of people.

Jesus might have been white, he might have been black, we don't know. But you don't go on the news and say Jesus was white as though it is a fact.

20. thisnumbersdisconnected

Truth tends to offend when people can't accept it. They'll get over it. Or not. So what? She didn't say emphatically "Jesus was white" in the first place, but even if she had, she'd be essentially correct.