1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Megyn Kelly: Santa Claus and Jesus are White

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

I watched it a few days ago, I recall she did say Jesus was white. Maybe I need to go back and watch again.

But you are wrong about it offending people because they can't accept it.

I grew up in N. Carolina, I remember seeing restrooms and restaurants that said things like "White Only".

My great-great Grandfather owned a plantation, he had slaves. When I was a boy, I knew the families that were descended from those slaves. Wonderful people, and God-fearing, much more so than most white folks if you must know.

I don't think the average white person knows what it is like to grow up and see everything good presented as "white" and everything evil presented as "black", but that is what black folks had to endure. They were told they were stupid, criminal, animals, the most horrible things you can call another human being.

And then to be told that God himself is white. What greater insult could there be? Why, if God is white, then surely the Devil is black.

How does the song go? Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, Be they yellow, black, or white, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world...

It was a very stupid thing to say.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

That's not the same thing as saying an historical figure -- which is just one of the many realities of Christ -- was a certain color. "Whites only" in 1950s North Carolina -- or 2013 north Missouri, where I could show you a sign still in place -- doesn't equate to "Jesus is white" when the reality is, regardless of what people want to try to foist off on us as politically correct, is very likely true.

I don't mean to insult you, or call into question your sincerity here. I just want to point out to you this comes perilously close to the "some of my best friends are black" argument.

I know this full well. I was on the football and basketball teams in high school with the first pair of black young men -- twins, in fact -- who ever attended our high school, much more who had ever played for our school's athletic teams. It took a few weeks for our own people to accept them. Imagine what it was like for them when visiting like-minded small towns in the Missouri 1960s. Think "Remember the Titans" in a smaller, more backward setting. I remember the night we won a conference game from a school right on the outskirts of St. Joseph when one of the twins caught a pass at the goal line with :04 left. We literally had to form a gauntlet to get them (of course, those yahoos couldn't tell which brother was which) out of the locker room and onto the bus afterwards.

Sorry, Win, but that's just silly. If He was white in His earthly form, and as I've shown, it is quite likely He was, what right have they to be insulted? What right have you to be insulted for them? Facts are facts. Jesus was most likely white. There isn't any getting around that, and arguments that He was black or brown are just ignorant. Saying He is what He is isn't insulting or prejudice, and His skin color didn't have anything to do with His saving grace. It isn't like Megyn called them the "N" word. She stated a simple fact, and didn't even state it as a fact as strongly as I have, but rather that the culture has portrayed Him as white. The super-sensitive need to get over it.

#42 thisnumbersdisconnected, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2013
  3. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, truth is, Jesus probably wasn't white. It is far more likely that he had dark skin and eyes.

It's the truth, here is a family photo from 1891;

[​IMG]

The fellow in the front holding a cane is my great-great Grandfather who was born in 1828. The fellow to the upper right with a little bowtie is my great grandfather, he was born in 1866, so he would be around 25 in this photo. My brother and I own a home directly across the street from where this photo was taken. At one time my mother's family was very prominent there.

Well, I seriously doubt Jesus was white. He was probably somewhere in-between as most people in the Middle East are.

The fact is we don't know what color Jesus was, and nobody should be claiming they do.

#43 Winman, Dec 16, 2013
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Well said.

I don't think the average person in the evangelical church in the United States realizes just how much of an affront it is to say that Jesus was White.

And when you consider that the majority of the world is not White and is not Christian, I would think the last thing we'd want to do is from the start present (to a world of folks who already believe the United States is filled with a bunch of white devils hades bent on conquering the rest of the world and pushing its blond haired, blue eyed version of God upon them) a God they don't think they can relate to. Especially when it is key that they understand that Jesus IS personal.

Megyn CLEARLy says Jesus is White and it is just an odd thing for her to say. She's usually very "here's the news" instead of becoming the news over something she has no factual info about.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of your problems, Zaac, is that you do not know how to quote. You never indicate when you have left out part of your opponent's statement. That is not correct and it shows that you might not be educated in the rules of documentation. Either that or you are trying to establish a pretense.

As for trying to say that white is somehow different from Caucasian, you are shading off into Arayanism as far as I know. White is shorthand for Caucasian. You presented no evidence about the Greeks and your statement about Cleopatra is absurd.

Jesus is the most hated man in the world. He was a Jew. Jews are Semitics and Semitics are Caucasian. Greeks are also Caucasian. Kelly is correct.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have you ever seen that Equal Opportunity questionnaire (is that what they called it ?).
    You know, the one where you're not really obliged to give an answer (but you better do, or....well, at least that's how it looks to me, a job seeker), and asks you what race you were ?

The last time I filled out one, and that was some time ago, I seemed to recall that if you were middle eastern you were considered a member of the white race.
    now, Jesus is middle eastern, so, if I recalled what I thought I read correctly, Megyn was technically correct.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Your problem is you think I have an opponent.

Dude I'm so good at documenting that companies pay me to train other folks on how to document in just about any industry you could imagine.:laugh:

Why would I do that? I said what she said and folks keep saying she didn't say it. Al you got to do is listen to the clip.

The problem on this board is that some of you are so dead bent on being right in order to protect all things that you think are conservative and sacred that you don't bother to find out for yourself.

As I've said before, I don't have to prove anything to anyone. If yall want to believe a lie, the lot of you have shown yourselves to repeatedly be capable of throwing the truth out the window and believing it.

Just so that there is no confusion, I'm equating Caucasian and White. How's that?

I didn't have to present any evidence. If you don't believe it, go gather your own evidence.:laugh:

Incorrect.

Kelly is quite incorrect.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Megyn is incorrect. Just because white pople in the majority decide that they want to decide who gets categorized as what doesn't mean that's what the people consider themselves. The majority sticks the choices on a form and give no other options then what do you expect?

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Badge for You!

I am so glad to finally discover what you do for a living, and wondered if this is the badge the company pins to your lapel when you visit and consult for them?

[​IMG]

And for my two cents, I tend to think Jesus was closer to white than any other shade of mankind on earth during that time! The good thing is, in heaven, there will be NO COLOR CODE! So this debate is a waste of time, and more a bait-and-switch type of topic! It was designed to put people at each other's throats over the pallet of racial colors! No one wins, because in Jesus, there is no color, IMHO! Just as there are no other barriers, other than those we continue to hold on to and make an issue over!

I highly doubt that our new bodies will be separated by color differences, and even if they were; I seriously doubt if anyone would notice or care! It's the same argument on denominational preferences. All that should matter is: Have you been born-again?

#49 righteousdude2, Dec 16, 2013
  10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither Jesus nor Santa were black.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's not what I do for a living.:laugh: I did ask about the lapel. They told me that some guy in Cali had gotten it copyrighted and I couldn't rightly use it without running a poll to se if he'd allow it. I told them to just forget it.:smilewinkgrin:

Good for you. Folks in Africa tend to think that He probably looked like them. Folks in Norhtern Iraq tend to think He probably looked like them. Folks in India tend to think that He probably looked like them.

Then shame on Megyn! [​IMG]

Megyn made an issue of it.

Which again is why I asked the question of why evangelical Christians in the United States would dare say to a world in which the majority of folks don't look like them that they have to follow an Americanized White version of Jesus?

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

We can only make assumptions about the skin color of Jesus. Santa, the fictional character, is whatever color you want him to be.:laugh:

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I see Zaac that you still don't understand how the game is played here. There are a view basic principles that you must understand.

First and foremost - the president is the spawn of satan. The Democratic Party and every media source but one are his minions. Therefore he must never be commended for anything and he must be attacked even if it requires lies, fabrications, and silliness. It is acceptable to call him any name you want.

Secondly, the letters GOP stand for 'God's Own Party' and therefore they can do no wrong and must always be praised.

Third, and most applicable to the thread, Fox News is God's mouthpiece in main stream media and therefore must never be questioned.

Once you get this you will do fine here.

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tooo Funny!

I loved that response Zaac. I didn't mean to offend you, just thought you'd like the badge. BTW - I am far from K-I-A [know-it-all] status. And I'm not ashamed to admit it! So, I can't imagine who in Cali would have CR it! But, I have a poll in mind to see if anyone else on the board know it all! :smilewinkgrin:

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe, and then again!

<Megyn made an issue of it.>

Maybe she only made an issue of it to those who don't like her! You say "potato," I say, "potatoe!" You say, "tomato" I say, "tomatoe!" It is all in the eye of the beholder, Zaac, so let it go, what will your views do to change the direction, this nation and the world are headed in?

I think too many of us are way off base on what is important. You say Jesus may not be white, Megyn says he was. Who cares? What difference will the debates on this make on world hunger; rapes; abortion; home invasion; hit-and-runs; terrorism; wars; drone missile attacks; you get the idea. And before you jump on me, I'm as guilty as the next man, and that inculdes you!

I say Obama is a poor excuse for a president. You say he's a great man, paving the way for blacks all over the world. The truth is, Nelson Mandela was a great man, in comparison with the man who made a mockery of his memorial and funeral by hitting on the white, bimbo of a PM!

Obama has made it bad for any black to become president in the US for another 100 years! He had some great ideas, especially with healthcare; he just didn't follow through with the management of it. If I were POTUS, I'd have been hawking everyone associated in the implementation planning, as I would have realized how important it was to make this plan work from passing it to getting the cyber site running with no problems! He failed to run the complete race when it came to his legacy package.

He had failed to demonstrate leadership by sitting back on his hands, taking vacations, playing golf and going to Hollywood every few months to tap the Bank of the STARS for money to keep the DNC running in the black for the next few election cycles.

He is a great motivator, speaker and fund raiser, BUT that is where the rubber meets the road!!! Any signs of greatness cease to go beyond his ability to sell an idea! He needs to lead, and he has not yet shown the world, let alone Americans, that he can LEAD!

Oh, and one more thing. Like the devil himself, Obama will be remembered for his lies and spinning the truth! And while it is true for all POTUS's lie from time to time, Obama has shown he is the master of deception, and he lacks the integrity to own up to his lie, when caught, and make things right! I say, "Shame on him!" and while I know you will disagree, and take my message apart, line by line [your're as famous for this as I am for my polls], let me say that your ability to dissect paragraphs is only a liberal spinning tool1 [I look forward to what you say in your line-item critique of that statement!

Go at it, Zaac. I hope you leave it all on the line-by-line dissection! Shalom yall!

#55 righteousdude2, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
  16. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You stand alone in those opinions, especially in the bitter remark about the GOP. You really need to stop watching Fox News so much, also.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You nailed it. :applause:I think this is EXACTLY the impression anyone who comes onto this board or who looks at it from the outside sees.

And the very same thing is reflected in our churches that are supposed to be pointing folks to Christ.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Santa Claus is an exaggeration of the mind. There was no Saint Nicholas with a sleigh of flying reindeer landing on rooftops, shimmeying down chimneys and delivering presents to kids.

Somebody obviously gave him supernatural powers through their imagination. So why is it so far fetched that people in different areas of the world see their Santa Claus differently than how Megyn has definitively asserted he ( a very fictional character) must be?

Santa Claus is as varied as Barbie Dolls from around the world.

[​IMG]

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

She made an issue of it with anyone who doesn't see things from the perspective that she does. That's what Fox News does.

I've watched it develop over the years and I think it started with Libertarians.

I call it the fed up crowd. It's made up of white people who are fed up with being told they are racist just because things are a certain way.

And their mote response as trained by talk radio hosts is from now on, we don't care. If they call us racists for our one-sided views, then we'll just call them race baiters. We're gonna call it like we see it and discount everybody else's perspective as stupid or just wrong because we're more reasonable so we definitely have a stranglehold on the truth.

The people who took issue with her pompous "I'm absolutely right and you're wrong" attitude apparently care.

Now I could ask the same things about all the crazy, senseless Obama complaints.

Yall are greatly confused about my stance on Obama but that's simply because the lot of ya think you know something that you don't.:laugh:

Pure unfounded gossip and you should be ashamed of yourself.

That's just a stupid comment and an indictment upon folks who think that he represents the mindset of all Black people just because he shares their skin color. It's that old "Well we gave them there Blacks a chance and that Barack Obama messed it up for them so we're not gonna consider another Black candidate".

What you just said is EXACTLY the sentiment that leads Blacks to say that Whites are racist.

Did Jimmy Carter and his politics make it harder for another White President to get elected? Apparently not.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay

Might as well address foolishness line by line as that's how it is presented.:smilewinkgrin:

If you hadn't just made it clear that the real problem lies with this man's skin color seemingly for you and any others who would make it bad for another black person to become President in the next 100 years.

THAT is what my black Brothers and Sisters refer to as undercover racism. And that sort of thing is done by the majority all the time and worded the way you worded it to make it seem like "Hey Black folks. Yall blame it on a black Barack Obama. Because of what he did, we're not gonna consider another Black person. It's his fault for being black and doing what he did. We bear none of the responsibility for generalizing about every other black candidate for the next 100 years because of what Barack Obama did. Because Barack Obama's skin is black and he did what he did, we are now summarily justified in rejecting all black candidates for the next 100 years as less than capable of being a good President".

Yes I went there. Because you didn't say it would make it bad for another Democrat with the same political views. You said for another Black.

There are very few things said by folks that amount to defined racism. Your comments qualify.[​IMG]

But this is what we, the Body of Christ, do so often to the tune of pats on the back as our justification.

I trust my dissection meets with your approval.

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this guy presumes to speak for God himself.