1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mexico just paid for the Wall

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Aug 29, 2018.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You obviously don't have a good memory. I've been the number one advocate of the Trump tax cuts on this board. I've gotten into arguments with FollowTheWay about the fact that tax cuts DO lead to increased tax revenues. But you gotta call someone a liberal when you start losing an argument.

I'm not going to get drawn into your childish name calling. Last time I did that I got banned for a week.

Please explain to me and to the group--How is the US going to get tax revenues from the Mexico trade deal?

Simple question. Has been asked of you three times now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

• Like Like x 1
  2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW: It's not only liberals and RINOs who don't see the point of spending $25 billion (and the price would, of course, be higher) for a static defense.

3. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's easy if you subscribe to magical thinking.

4. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not CNN.

Same thing we've been hearing about tariffs for months. None of it ever comes true. Revenues are way up!

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK Time will tell.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya and there will NEVER be a 4.2% GDP Quarter.

Magical Thinking :)

OH right Obama did it :Roflmao

7. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does this thread have to do with Obama?

Besides, it is not magical thinking to believe that GDP can be pushed to 4 percent if you engage in enough stimulus, which, of course, the (unpaid-for) tax cuts won't be called because that would imply they're Keynesian or some vile other name.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s like this... ya go to Walmart and buy some stuff and see fresh corn ears at a good price. Well since Walmart are rat finks who pay their employees a low salary with almost no benefits you put a few ears in a bag, walk up to the self service counter and ring up your items less the corn. What you have done is just justified sticking it to Walmart, they are miscrients anyway... and they sell cheap Chinese crap... so they paid for your dinner and since your going there, you throw in some peaches, then they gave you a snack too.... grifter logic in play! BTW, there is a open package of Oreo’s in isle 3 you can pilfer.:Sneaky

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Felix

11. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If someone I’ve been doing business with has been taking advantage of me and I switch things up where that no longer happens and I make a big chuck of change off that maneuver and then I decide to take say a 1/5th of that money I'd been losing every year but am now pocketing to build me a new fence around my property, guess what, those people that have been taking advantage of me just paid for my brand new awesome, needed and long awaited fence, that by the way is going to greatly help keep foreigners out of my pocket in other ways too. Nothing magical about it, just common sense thinking and good business sense regarding money in and money out.

Mexico paying for it is a phrase that people are trying to take literal and playing semantics about to try to cut down the achievement of building a wall that will pay for itself many times over. They simply willingly missing the point...

#51 Benjamin, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Or you could perfer charges against them, sue them and recoup your losses, perhaps even get more.

13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    · Or I could fire the knuckleheads that made the bad deal that let me be taken advantage of and make a new deal that will easily not only pay for my new fence many times over but insures I don't get ripped off through my open back door in the future ny the same people that have been getting over on me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, you are a Christian so you do know you are contemplating “ eye for eye & tooth for tooth” ... as such, you know we do not operate in the same way the heathen does. You are looking to retaliate... to get one over on the guy who pushed you to the pavement, so I ask, do you put a round in the guy and get even, more than even Ben or do you obey your lord, maybe show mercy, show forgiveness, be the better man, display your Christianity? I don’t know my brother, that’s your choice.

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the disconnect. The United States is not doing business with Mexico. U.S. businesses are trading with Mexican businesses.

Except the US is not making money. US corporations are making the money. US corporations were losing out on that 1/5 of money every year. If the US government reaches a trade agreement with Mexico it will benefit US corporations. The US government will not be finding any "lost" money.

Furthermore, the agreement will likely lower tariffs, which will result in lower tax revenues for the US government. Also, since the US corporate tax rate was lowered, that will likely mean less tax revenues on profits of corporations trading with Mexico.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

16. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems like your disconnect. U.S. as a whole = more corporations more taxes, more jobs more taxes, less Mexicans collecting benefits less money out of our pockets. You might need to brush on Trumpanese speak a little more so you understand the bottom line better. ;)

17. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll tell you what brotha, you post your address and put a sign on your front door that says:

Free Stuff,
    What's Mine is Yours,
    Take Whatever You Need,
    I'm a Christian, Take Advantage,
    Mercy & Forgiveness I am!

...and I'll start to believe you've thought through what you are saying to me, rather than trying to come up with a twisted and thoughtless defense for your position, until then, not so much...and don't assume to call into question my Christianity on whether I would agree with you and would allow my countryman's prosperity to be recklessly squandered away by careless trustees of our sovereignty. These unfair practices with Mexico, and throughout the world for that matter, (Globalism) left unchecked were and would continue to ruin us! Only an infidel does not provide for his own house 1Tim 5:8 and we are told to share not be fools that let others take what we have worked for and earned.

And seriously, you didn't read me saying one thing about taking vengeance, but only taking responsibility of not being taken advantage of which is without question what's been going on leading to our demise. Count your blessings that we now have a good steward of our sovereign Christian nation before it was lost.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It ain’t my position, it’s Christs. You have read the sermon on the mount. What’s your thoughts and feelings about that scripture, or was Christ just joking. So what we have here is a grifter President ... a guy who will come up with any convoluted story to get it over on the American public and you are complicit in it all.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Trump should just demand that the US corporations pony up 25 Billion to build a wall . Surly they would do that for Trump.

20. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're going to have to address what I actually said and gave reason for, not make more accusations of me being "complicit" with someone you are apparently so much better than that you can't stand him or anything he does without addressing the reason I gave, that is, if you want a reasoned response.

BTW, I noticed you forgot to post your address? What? Or are you not a Christian??? ...maybe you busy working on the sign, eh? :Wink Do you got a lot of good stuff? It's a long way, I don't want to make travel arrangements for nothing. :D