1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mexico just paid for the Wall

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have been given reasons by both In The Light and RSR. Is it that you cannot comprehend? allot apparently.:Tongue

BTW, have you read Matthew 6:24-34, Matthew 6:19-21, Matthew 5:38-42, Matthew 5:43-47. Perhaps a refresher course is in order.

#61 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They sell Chinese crap because that's what Obama and the dems want them to sell. They make it impossible to do otherwise. Trump is trying to change this, and you and the dems are resisting it.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oy! It's Obama's fault. Ha ha.

Let's say I need a rake for raking leaves, or a snow shovel. I go to Wal Mart and see a Chinese made rake for $7.97 and a USA made rake for $24.87; I see a Chinese made show shovel for $9.87 and a US made snow shovel for $29.87. They look pretty much the same but the USA built stuff looks a tiny bit sturdier. What am I going to buy?

I think the market has already decided this, about 30 years ago, and I don't think Trump is going to be able to reverse it by getting tariffs lowered on US built rakes and snow shovels going into China.

4. Calminian

Site Supporter

The Markets didn't decide this, governments did. The Chinese government decided to use slave labor and Democrats and RINOs here in the US decided to raise taxes sky high (not to raise revenue, but out of "fairness") and to regulate the heck out of businesses.

Trump comes along slashes regulations, lowers taxes on business and slams tariffs on country that cheat. That's a free market.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What rake you gonna buy?

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I deliberately picked 30 years as my time frame because it predates NAFTA and puts the US in its strongest economy in my lifetime. There was no "taxes raised sky high" in 1988, and the shift to Wal Marts ascendancy was underway.

You're funny.

7. Calminian

Site Supporter

There's no choice right now. Most Americans can't afford the difference on certain products. Other products are different. I sell some American products that are competitive, and push those. If it's close, Americans prefer American.

But you're still missing the point. Americans don't mind spending a little more if the know it's good for the country. I don't. Do you?

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think a trade deal with China is going to result in American manufacturers suddenly becoming interested in making hand tools, toys, cookware, small appliances, household goods, particleboard furniture, office furniture, or pick just about anything made in China and on the shelves in Wal Mart. That bird has flown.

What's a little more? In my examples, and in real life examples, China made products are going to be about one-half the price of US made products. So I would buy the rake and the shovel from China. If they break in 5 years, I'd just buy another one and still be ahead. I've got to think of my family budget first. However, if the price difference were a few dollars I would buy the US built ones.

9. Calminian

Site Supporter

Sound just like Obama.

There are several precuts still made here, and other industries are making comebacks. You've been brainwashed if you think otherwise.

GREAT: Manufacturers growing at fastest pace in 14 years...

You've been paying artificially low prices for years, at the expense of a good economy.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Translation: I can't counter your argument, so I'll call you a liberal.

Check.

Nothing in that article saying there are other industries making comebacks. Perhaps you'd like to reveal which manufacturing sectors that sell into Wal Mart are making comebacks.

There was this in the article you cited:
    "the persistent threat of a broader trade war continues to threaten recent gains."
    and
    "one of the few industries to contract in August was “primary metals,” a grouping that includes steel and aluminum producers. U.S. tariffs and retaliatory foreign measures have made it harder to obtain key metals at stable prices."

Winning!

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

Never said the word liberal.

I said you made the same argument Obama made. "those jobs are not coming back." If you're going to make his argument, own it. Be honest.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama was talking about jobs in coal, which he deliberately sabotaged with regulations. This was not market forces.

I thought I did SAY exactly that. US manufacturers are not going to get back into the toy business, the housewares business, the particleboard furniture business, the small appliances business, the small electronics business, the wristwatch business, the jewelry business, the "name just about anything sold at Wal Mart business."

13. Calminian

Site Supporter

We'll see. All of your predictions about Trump have been wrong thus far. And the products you cherrypicked do not represent the entire world industry. We can make a lot here and it'll make a difference for many families.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That happened long before Obama took office & nobody makes it impossible to do otherwise, nobody but the consumer. Look you cant even provide a intelligent argument, your just a Trump syncopant. and it shows. The day this Trump guy provides a fair tax system for every state, the day he stops rolling over poor people (he looks at them like they are all miscrents,) the day he provides the people insight into his tax returns & business operations (thats called transparency), then maybe I will cut him some slack.

Now if your retort is going to be particine & a pitched tirade about Clinton & Obama, dont bother ....I am sick of that crap. Yea, I dont like either of the aforementioned but I aint using them as a endless BS excuse for Trumps activities for today. Answer as a man, not a brown noser to a politician.

15. Calminian

Site Supporter

Wrong! Price constrains the consumer, and the prices are the result of stupid politicians.

And just because Obama didn't start the nonsense doesn't give him an excuse for supporting it. He didn't start the abortion holocaust either.

16. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, but what are the odds that we can trim the fat and abolish Congress? :)

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cant stop yourself can you :Biggrin

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    VOTE THEM OUT! In Northern New Jersey we had this scumbal was in there....6 terms. He didnt do anything for us. He got voted out & the guy in there now responds to me when I ask for help or when I have suggestions.