1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Millennium

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Konstantin, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, the earth becomes the bottomless pit, as by the very plagues, etc, the earth is returned to a basic 'primordial' state, as seen in Genesis 1.

The “reign upon the earth” comes after 1,000 years [Revelation 20:2,3,4,5,6,7], for the “saints” must be both resurrected and/or translated, glorified, and brought back to Heaven [John 14:1-4; 1 Thessalonians 4:17, etc] at the Second Advent and First Great Resurrection, to “reign” in Heaven, for 1,000 years [Revelation 20:4,5a,6] going over the record books of the lost [1 Corinthians 6:2,3; Psalms 149:1-9]:

[1] The “thousand years” reign “in Heaven” [Psalms 50:5; Matthew 5:3,8,10,12, 6:20, 13:30, 24:31; Mark 10:21, 13:27; Luke 6:23, 18:22, 23:43; John 14:2-3, 17:24; Colossians 1:5; Hebrews 10:34; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 7:9, 14:3, 19:1; “Paradise”, Luke 23:43; 2 Corinthians 12:4; Revelation 2:7] with Christ Jesus [1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:6] and

[2] The “reign on earth” [“made new”, not this sin polluted Earth; 2 Peter 3:13; Isaiah 65:17, 66:22; Revelation 21:1] that lasts “forever and ever” [Revelation 5:10; “meek inherit earth” [“made new”, not this sin polluted Earth], Psalms 37:9,11,34; Proverbs 11:31; Isaiah 25:8, 65:21; Daniel 7:27; Matthew 5:5; Revelation 5:10].

As for the word "bottomless pit", as found in the GNT TR of Revelation 9:1,2,11, 11:7, 17:8, 20:1, it is the Koine Greek "αβυσσου" [abussou, or abyssou], in GNT TR of Revelation 20:3, it is again "αβυσσον" [abusson, or abysson], which in the transliterated English is the word "abyss", which according to the first use in Genesis, means the "deep", being in "darkness", and "without form and void [empty of/having no life]", thus is associated with a dark chaotic wilderness/desert [water or earth], symbolic of death/no life.

According to the King James Concordance, this word, G12 "ἄβυσσος" [abussos] is found to be translated from the Koine Greek texts, 8 times in the New Testament, variously translated as:

Total Occurrences: 8

bottomless, 6

Revelation 9:1-2 (2),11, 17:8, 20:1,3

deep, 2

Luke 8:31; Romans 10:7

Here are those GNT TR texts, and their counterparts, in the English of the King James Bible, with corresponding words in red:

Revelation 9:1 GNT TR - και ο πεμπτος αγγελος εσαλπισεν και ειδον αστερα εκ του ουρανου πεπτωκοτα εις την γην και εδοθη αυτω η κλεις του φρεατος της αβυσσου

Revelation 9:1 - And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 9:2 GNT TR - και ηνοιξεν το φρεαρ της αβυσσου και ανεβη καπνος εκ του φρεατος ως καπνος καμινου μεγαλης και εσκοτισθη ο ηλιος και ο αηρ εκ του καπνου του φρεατος

Revelation 9:2 - And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Revelation 9:11 GNT TR - και εχουσιν επ αυτων βασιλεα τον αγγελον της αβυσσου ονομα αυτω εβραιστι αβαδδων και εν τη ελληνικη ονομα εχει απολλυων

Revelation 9:11 - And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Revelation 17:8 GNT TR - το θηριον ο ειδες ην και ουκ εστιν και μελλει αναβαινειν εκ της αβυσσου και εις απωλειαν υπαγειν και θαυμασονται οι κατοικουντες επι της γης ων ου γεγραπται τα ονοματα επι το βιβλιον της ζωης απο καταβολης κοσμου βλεποντες το θηριον ο τι ην και ουκ εστιν καιπερ εστιν

Revelation 17:8 - The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Revelation 20:1 GNT TR - και ειδον αγγελον καταβαινοντα εκ του ουρανου εχοντα την κλειδα της αβυσσου και αλυσιν μεγαλην επι την χειρα αυτου

Revelation 20:1 - And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:3 GNT TR - και εβαλεν αυτον εις την αβυσσον και εκλεισεν αυτον και εσφραγισεν επανω αυτου ινα μη πλανηση τα εθνη ετι αχρι τελεσθη τα χιλια ετη και μετα ταυτα δει αυτον λυθηναι μικρον χρονον

Revelation 20:3 - And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Luke 8:31 GNT TR - και παρεκαλουν αυτον ινα μη επιταξη αυτοις εις την αβυσσον απελθειν

Luke 8:31 - And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.

Romans 10:7 GNT TR - η τις καταβησεται εις την αβυσσον τουτ εστιν χριστον εκ νεκρων αναγαγειν

Romans 10:7 - Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

This very same word is also found to be utilized in the so-called LXX [Septuagint, really Origen's Hexapla] Old Testament in Genesis 1:2 LXX, "ἀβύσσου" [abussou, or abyssou], of which the King James [from the HOT, "תהום", tehom] reads "deep":

Genesis 1:2 LXX - ἡ δὲ γῆ ἦν ἀόρατος καὶ ἀκατασκεύαστος, καὶ σκότος ἐπάνω τῆς ἀβύσσου, καὶ πνεῦμα θεοῦ ἐπεφέρετο ἐπάνω τοῦ ὕδατος.

Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:2 HOT - והארץ היתה תהו ובהו וחשׁך על־פני תהום ורוח אלהים מרחפת על־פני המים׃

This very word is found in the (so-called LXX):

(so-called LXX) Genesis 1:2, 7:11, 8:2; Deuteronomy 8:7, 33:13; Job 38:16,30, 41:32 (41:24); Psalms 33:7 (32:7), 71:20 (70:20), 71:21 (70:21), 78:15 (77:15), 106:9 (105:9), 107:26 (106:26), 135:6 (134:6); Proverbs 8:24; Isaiah 44:27, 51:10, 63:13; and in the apocryphal books/texts of (so-called LXX) Daniel 3:54; Wisdom 10:19; Sirach 24:5,29.

2. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, the earth becomes the bottomless pit, as by the very plagues, etc, the earth is returned to a basic 'primordial' state, as seen in Genesis 1.

Here are those so-called LXX texts in full, with their English counterparts, and corresponding words highlighted in red, and please notice that in every case the "abyss" is always associated with the earth in a certain place, state or condition, even a deep and dark place, devoid of life, such as a grave [see Psalms 71:20], and also a dried up place, a desolate wilderness [see Psalms 106:9; Isaiah 63:13], or places of great deep basins [sea floor, etc], as like a bowl in which is much waters, called a 'sea' [not only an ocean, but also the laver of the sanctuary of Solomon is called this]:

Genesis 1:2 LXX - ἡ δὲ γῆ ἦν ἀόρατος καὶ ἀκατασκεύαστος, καὶ σκότος ἐπάνω τῆς ἀβύσσου, καὶ πνεῦμα θεοῦ ἐπεφέρετο ἐπάνω τοῦ ὕδατος.

Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 7:11 LXX - ἐν τῷ ἑξακοσιοστῷ ἔτει ἐν τῇ ζωῇ τοῦ Νωε, τοῦ δευτέρου μηνός, ἑβδόμῃ καὶ εἰκάδι τοῦ μηνός, τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ταύτῃ ἐρράγησαν πᾶσαι αἱ πηγαὶ τῆς ἀβύσσου, καὶ οἱ καταρράκται τοῦ οὐρανοῦ ἠνεῴχθησαν,

Genesis 7:11 - In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Genesis 8:2 LXX - καὶ ἐπεκαλύφθησαν αἱ πηγαὶ τῆς ἀβύσσου καὶ οἱ καταρράκται τοῦ οὐρανοῦ, καὶ συνεσχέθη ὁ ὑετὸς ἀπὸ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ.

Genesis 8:2 - The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;

Deuteronomy 8:7 LXX - ὁ γὰρ κύριος ὁ θεός σου εἰσάγει σε εἰς γῆν ἀγαθὴν καὶ πολλήν, οὗ χείμαρροι ὑδάτων καὶ πηγαὶ ἀβύσσων ἐκπορευόμεναι διὰ τῶν πεδίων καὶ διὰ τῶν ὀρέων·

Deuteronomy 8:7 - For the LORD thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;

Deuteronomy 33:13 LXX - Καὶ τῷ Ιωσηφ εἶπεν Ἀπ᾿ εὐλογίας κυρίου ἡ γῆ αὐτοῦ ἀπὸ ὡρῶν οὐρανοῦ καὶ δρόσου καὶ ἀπὸ ἀβύσσων πηγῶν κάτωθεν

Deuteronomy 33:13 - And of JosEphesians he said, Blessed of the LORD be his land, for the precious things of heaven, for the dew, and for the deep that coucheth beneath,

Job 38:16 LXX - ἦλθες δὲ ἐπὶ πηγὴν θαλάσσης, ἐν δὲ ἴχνεσιν ἀβύσσου περιεπάτησας;

Job 38:16 - Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?

Job 38:30 LXX - ἣ καταβαίνει ὥσπερ ὕδωρ ῥέον; πρόσωπον δὲ ἀβύσσου τίς ἔπηξεν;

Job 38:30 - The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.

Job 41:32 (41:24) LXX - τὸν δὲ τάρταρον τῆς ἀβύσσου ὥσπερ αἰχμάλωτον· ἐλογίσατο ἄβυσσον εἰς περίπατον.

Job 41:32 - He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary.

Psalms 33:7 (32:7) LXX - συνάγων ὡς ἀσκὸν ὕδατα θαλάσσης, τιθεὶς ἐν θησαυροῖς ἀβύσσους.

Psalms 33:7 - He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.

Psalms 71:20 (70:20) LXX - ὅσας ἔδειξάς μοι θλίψεις πολλὰς καὶ κακάς, καὶ ἐπιστρέψας ἐζωοποίησάς με καὶ ἐκ τῶν ἀβύσσων τῆς γῆς πάλιν ἀνήγαγές με.

Psalms 71:20 - Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

Psalms 71:21 (70:21) LXX - ἐπλεόνασας τὴν μεγαλοσύνην σου καὶ ἐπιστρέψας παρεκάλεσάς με (καὶ ἐκ τῶν ἀβύσσων τῆς γῆς πάλιν ἀνήγαγές με.)

Psalms 71:21 - Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side. (parenthetical portion of LXX 71:21 (70:21) not found in the, but bascially repeats Psalms 71:20 (70:20) LXX - "... καὶ ἐκ τῶν ἀβύσσων τῆς γῆς πάλιν ἀνήγαγές με", meaning, "... and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.”)

Psalms 78:15 (77:15) LXX - διέρρηξεν πέτραν ἐν ἐρήμῳ καὶ ἐπότισεν αὐτοὺς ὡς ἐν ἀβύσσῳ πολλῇ

Psalms 78:15 - He clave the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink as out of the great depths.

Psalms 106:9 (105:9) LXX - καὶ ἐπετίμησεν τῇ ἐρυθρᾷ θαλάσσῃ, καὶ ἐξηράνθη, καὶ ὡδήγησεν αὐτοὺς ἐν ἀβύσσῳ ὡς ἐν ἐρήμῳ·

Psalms 106:9 - He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up: so he led them through the depths, as through the wilderness.

Psalms 107:26 (106:26) LXX - ἀναβαίνουσιν ἕως τῶν οὐρανῶν καὶ καταβαίνουσιν ἕως τῶν ἀβύσσων, ἡ ψυχὴ αὐτῶν ἐν κακοῖς ἐτήκετο,

Psalms 107:26 - They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.

Psalms 135:6 (134:6) LXX - πάντα, ὅσα ἠθέλησεν ὁ κύριος, ἐποίησεν ἐν τῷ οὐρανῷ καὶ ἐν τῇ γῇ, ἐν ταῖς θαλάσσαις καὶ ἐν πάσαις ταῖς ἀβύσσοις·

Psalms 135:6 - Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.

Proverbs 8:24 LXX - πρὸ τοῦ τὴν γῆν ποιῆσαι καὶ πρὸ τοῦ τὰς ἀβύσσους ποιῆσαι, πρὸ τοῦ προελθεῖν τὰς πηγὰς τῶν ὑδάτων,

Proverbs 8:24 - When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

3. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Here are those so-called LXX texts in full, with their English counterparts, and corresponding words highlighted in red, and please notice that in every case the "abyss" is always associated with the earth in a certain place, state or condition, even a deep and dark place, devoid of life, such as a grave [see Psalms 71:20], and also a dried up place, a desolate wilderness [see Psalms 106:9; Isaiah 63:13], or places of great deep basins [sea floor, etc], as like a bowl in which is much waters, called a 'sea' [not only an ocean, but also the laver of the sanctuary of Solomon is called this]:

Isaiah 44:27 LXX - ὁ λέγων τῇ ἀβύσσῳ Ἐρημωθήσῃ, καὶ τοὺς ποταμούς σου ξηρανῶ·

Isaiah 44:27 - That saith to the deep, Be dry, and I will dry up thy rivers:

Isaiah 51:10 LXX - ἡ ἐρημοῦσα θάλασσαν, ὕδωρ ἀβύσσου πλῆθος; ἡ θεῖσα τὰ βάθη τῆς θαλάσσης ὁδὸν διαβάσεως ῥυομένοις

Isaiah 51:10 - Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?

Isaiah 63:13 LXX - ἤγαγεν αὐτοὺς διὰ τῆς ἀβύσσου ὡς ἵππον δι᾿ ἐρήμου, καὶ οὐκ ἐκοπίασαν.

Isaiah 63:13 - That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?

Apocryphal (LXX) sources:

Daniel (apocryphal) (3:54) (LXX) - εὐλογημένος εἶ, ὁ ἐπιβλέπων ἀβύσσους καθήμενος ἐπὶ χερουβιν, καὶ αἰνετὸς καὶ ὑπερυψούμενος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας.

Daniel 3:56 (3:54 LXX) Bishop's Bible - Blessed be thou that lokest thorow the deepe, and sittest vpon the Cherubims: for thou art worthy to be praysed, and aboue all to be magnified for euer.

Wisdom 10:19 (LXX) - τοὺς δὲ ἐχθροὺς αὐτῶν κατέκλυσεν καὶ ἐκ βάθους ἀβύσσου ἀνέβρασεν αὐτούς.

Wisdom 10:19 Bishop's Bible - But she drowned their enemies [in the sea] but brought them out of the bottome of the deepe.

Sirach 24:5 (LXX) - γῦρον οὐρανοῦ ἐκύκλωσα μόνη καὶ ἐν βάθει ἀβύσσων περιεπάτησα·

Sirach 24:8 (24:5 LXX) Bishop's Bible - I my selfe alone haue gone round about the compasse of heauen, and pearsed the grounde of the deepe.

Sirach 24:29 (LXX) - ἀπὸ γὰρ θαλάσσης ἐπληθύνθη διανόημα αὐτῆς καὶ ἡ βουλὴ αὐτῆς ἀπὸ ἀβύσσου μεγάλης.

Sirach 24:33 (24:29 LXX) Bishop's Bible - For her thought is fuller then the sea, and her counsell is profounder then the great deepe.

4. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

After the earth is hit with the 7 last plagues ,the wrath of God, and His fierce anger, and the massive earthquake and the tearing away of the first heaven [the atmosphere], and already having the other curses still upon it from the beginning [massive ocean, that vast water desert, from the global flood of Noah; ice poles, ice deserts/wastes, scorched earth, earthy and sandy deserts], this earth will have returned to a chaotic wilderness, filled with darkness, waters, earth and no life [except for Satan and his angels, the dragon and owls [unclean night birds of the air]], for 1,000 years, and after those "many days", then shall the wicked be visited in their prison, and the final resurrection of the wicked take place. It will in effect, have been brought back to its state/condition as seen in Genesis 1:2, during those 1,000 years, and thus the 'earth', is indeed the 'bottomless' 'pit', just as Isaiah (24) stated:

Jeremiah 4:23 - I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Jeremiah 4:24 - I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

Jeremiah 4:25 - I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Jeremiah 4:26 - I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

Jeremiah 4:27 - For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

Jeremiah 4:28 - For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

Jeremiah 25:15 - For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.

Jeremiah 25:16 - And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.

Jeremiah 25:17 - Then took I the cup at the LORD'S hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me:

Jeremiah 25:18 - To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;

Jeremiah 25:19 - Pharaoh king of Egypt, and his servants, and his princes, and all his people;

Jeremiah 25:20 - And all the mingled people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod,

Jeremiah 25:21 - Edom, and Moab, and the children of Ammon,

Jeremiah 25:22 - And all the kings of Tyrus, and all the kings of Zidon, and the kings of the isles which are beyond the sea,

Jeremiah 25:23 - Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the utmost corners,

Jeremiah 25:24 - And all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mingled people that dwell in the desert,

Jeremiah 25:25 - And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,

Jeremiah 25:26 - And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are upon the face of the earth: and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.

Jeremiah 25:27 - Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.

Jeremiah 25:28 - And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.

Jeremiah 25:29 - For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jeremiah 25:30 - Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

Jeremiah 25:31 - A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 25:32 - Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.

Jeremiah 25:33 - And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

Jeremiah 25:34 - Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.

Jeremiah 25:35 - And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape.

Jeremiah 25:36 - A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the LORD hath spoiled their pasture.

Jeremiah 25:37 - And the peaceable habitations are cut down because of the fierce anger of the LORD.

Jeremiah 25:38 - He hath forsaken his covert, as the lion: for their land is desolate because of the fierceness of the oppressor, and because of his fierce anger.

5. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

After the earth is hit with the 7 last plagues ,the wrath of God, and His fierce anger, and the massive earthquake and the tearing away of the first heaven [the atmosphere], and already having the other curses still upon it from the beginning [massive ocean, that vast water desert, from the global flood of Noah; ice poles, ice deserts/wastes, scorched earth, earthy and sandy deserts], this earth will have returned to a chaotic wilderness, filled with darkness, waters, earth and no life [except for Satan and his angels, the dragon and owls [unclean night birds of the air]], for 1,000 years, and after those "many days", then shall the wicked be visited in their prison, and the final resurrection of the wicked take place. It will in effect, have been brought back to its state/condition as seen in Genesis 1:2, during those 1,000 years, and thus the 'earth', is indeed the 'bottomless' 'pit', just as Isaiah (24) stated:

Zephaniah 1:2 - I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD.

Zephaniah 1:3 - I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumblingblocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD.

Zephaniah 1:14 - The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

Zephaniah 1:15 - That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

Zephaniah 1:16 - A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

Zephaniah 1:17 - And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

Zephaniah 1:18 - Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Isaiah 2:6 - Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.

Isaiah 2:7 - Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots:

Isaiah 2:8 - Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:

Isaiah 2:9 - And the mean man boweth down, and the great man humbleth himself: therefore forgive them not.

Isaiah 2:10 - Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty.

Isaiah 2:11 - The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.

Isaiah 2:12 - For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

Isaiah 2:13 - And upon all the cedars of Lebanon, that are high and lifted up, and upon all the oaks of Bashan,

Isaiah 2:14 - And upon all the high mountains, and upon all the hills that are lifted up,

Isaiah 2:15 - And upon every high tower, and upon every fenced wall,

Isaiah 2:16 - And upon all the ships of Tarshish, and upon all pleasant pictures.

Isaiah 2:17 - And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.

Isaiah 2:18 - And the idols he shall utterly abolish.

Isaiah 2:19 - And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Isaiah 2:20 - In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;

Isaiah 2:21 - To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

Isaiah 2:22 - Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

Isaiah 11:4 - But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

6. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Isaiah 24:1 - Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

Isaiah 24:2 - And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

Isaiah 24:3 - The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.

Isaiah 24:4 - The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

Isaiah 24:5 - The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Isaiah 24:6 - Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Isaiah 24:17 - Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.

Isaiah 24:18 - And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

Isaiah 24:19 - The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

Isaiah 24:20 - The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Isaiah 24:21 - And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

Isaiah 24:22 - And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

Isaiah 34:1 - Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.

Isaiah 34:2 - For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.

Isaiah 34:3 - Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.

Isaiah 34:4 - And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

Isaiah 34:5 - For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.

Isaiah 34:6 - The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

Isaiah 34:7 - And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

Isaiah 34:8 - For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

Isaiah 34:9 - And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.

Isaiah 34:10 - It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.

Isaiah 34:11 - But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness.

Isaiah 34:12 - They shall call the nobles thereof to the kingdom, but none shall be there, and all her princes shall be nothing.

Isaiah 34:13 - And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.

Isaiah 34:14 - The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.

Isaiah 34:15 - There shall the great owl make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and gather under her shadow: there shall the vultures also be gathered, every one with her mate.

Isaiah 34:16 - Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

Isaiah 34:17 - And he hath cast the lot for them, and his hand hath divided it unto them by line: they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.

7. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Millennium (1000 Years)"

Here are the texts of Revelation 20:1-7 cited:

Revelation 20:1 - And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:2 - And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Revelation 20:3 - And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:4 - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:5 - But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6 - Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:7 - And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,​

Please notice, that in these texts [Revelation 20:1-7], there is no where written that either Jesus, or the “saints” (or “satan” for that matter), shall “reign upon the earth” for 1,000 years, but simply says [vss. 4,6] that Jesus and the saints reigned “a thousand years”. The location of this 1,000 reign is nowhere stated to be “upon the earth” in these, or any passages of scripture [KJB]. Revelation 20:1 refers to Jesus coming “down” from Heaven but not touching the sin polluted earth, which connects to 1 Thessalonians 4:16 in its “descend from Heaven”. Revelation 20:6 speaks of the “first resurrection”, which is connected to 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, in its “the dead in Christ shall rise first” and “Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”, which ties into John 14:1-4. One should very carefully look for themselves. It also is very clearly written that “satan” himself was not reigning during this “thousand years”, but is “bound” and “shut … up” with a “seal” placed “upon him”.

The phrase “the day of the Lord” [Isaiah 2:12, 13:6,9, 34:8; Jeremiah 46:10; Lamentations 2:22; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31, 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 1:15; Zephaniah 1:7,8,14,18, 2:2,3; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi 4:5; Acts 2:20; 1 Corinthians 5:5; 2 Corinthians 1:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Peter 3:10], is a direct reference to the “thousand years” [Revelation 20:2,3,4,5,6,7, see also Isaiah 24:22, “many days”], which is the final “day”, the 7th day – the great Sabbath, of the great week “with the Lord” [2 Peter 3:8].

The second Advent of Jesus Christ, wherein the “saints” are “caught up together … in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air” [1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:1-6] is but the beginning of the “thousand years” or “the day of the Lord”, while the third Advent of Jesus Christ [Zechariah 14:1-21; Revelation 20:7-10] is the ending of the “thousand years” or “the day of the Lord”, after which the finally impenitent shall be utterly destroyed in the second death, and finally the “New Heavens” and the “New Earth” are recreated [Isaiah 65:17, 66:22; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1] which the “meek shall inherit”.

Revelation 19-22, is parallel to Isaiah 24, and so also connected to Leviticus 16:1-34, 23:26-32.

The location of this “reign” of Jesus and the saints, for “a thousand years” is never said to be on the plague wracked, utterly sin polluted and totally cursed and devastated “earth”, wherein even the upper heaven [atmosphere] is burned away by the second Advent [Genesis 3:17, 5:29, 8:21; Isaiah 34:4; 2 Peter 3:10-12; Revelation 6:14; 11:19, 15:1,6,8, 16:9,17-21, 18:4,8 21:9, 22:18]. So likewise for the passages of “Isaiah 2, 11, 65; Amos 9; Zechariah 14”. Read prayerfully and carefully for oneself. Where then is the “thousand year” reign of Jesus and the saints to be? It is to be in Heaven, the “third” [2 Corinthians 12:2].

Notice Isaiah 2:4 in which it speaks of, “... they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.” That is the earth “made new”, wherein it is said in Revelation 21:4, “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” The earth is not “made new” until after the 1,000 years, not before.

Notice Isaiah 11:4-10, in which the complete destruction of the wicked takes place first (as in Revelation 20:9-10, 11-15), and then follows the statements about the New Heaven and New Earth, which comes after the 1,000 years, see Isaiah 11:9, “They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.” See Isaiah 11:6-8 and compare to Isaiah 65:20-25, 66:22-23. See that Isaiah 66:16 and its events, the destruction of the wicked in entirety, come before those other events, which take place in the earth “made new”.

Notice Amos 9:14-15 in which the events, “... they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them.”, and of the planting and building are in the earth “made new”, after the events of the destruction of the wicked in Amos 9:8, which does not take place until after the 1,000 years as Isaiah 24 and Revelation 20 (and other places) show.

Notice Zechariah 14 carefully, and see that this is not referring to the Second Advent (the beginning of the 1,000 years), wherein the “saints” are “caught up” to “meet the Lord in the air” (1 Thessalonians 4:17), as also John 14:3 says, “... I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”, but refers to the Third Advent, wherein the Lord Jesus comes “down” and touches the sin polluted earth, along with the saints and New Jerusalem on the Mount of Olives, as in Revelation 20, at the ending of the 1,000 years, and thus metes out judgment, executing all the wicked, and recreating the heavens and earth. See Zechariah 14:12-13,21 in connection to Revelation 20:9-10,11-15.

8. Konstantin

Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I feel sorry for you.​

9. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I judge by what is written, not by your (my, or others) feelings (which is what most of 'Christianity' seems to judge by these days). I provided the plentiful abundance of evidence from the scripture for the point made.

When will you address the material provided?

10. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus taught against a physical millennial kingdom saying the kingdom is spiritual. The Pharisees claim credit for any millennial kingdom.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it is any help to you gentlemen, I consider any and all comers or goers throughout Christian History that have any reason to use any words having to do with the letters, "mil", as novices, with regard to The End Times.

That consideration is original with me.

It would be nice for individuals to consider Jesus.

Jesus isn't going to jump all over the map and beat lost people with a rod and then have them turn on Him, while you are the New Major of Seattle.

Jesus Did Not Tell anyone to leave a bunch of lost people on Earth, so He could Personally Come and try to Talk some sense into them.

Jesus isn't starting any "1,000-year clocks", at any time, under any circumstances.

Of the posts that have been written, here, how many False Gospels like that are there?

How many, "Second Comings"?

How many, "Judgments".

How many "Resurrections"?

How many, "Ends of sin"? only to have a group of bad sinners pop off and cause disturbances?

Excuse me, but this stuff that is written is just as interesting and fantastic as it can be.

There is not a word of Truth to any of it, as stated, to a great extent, but it sure is fantastic.

I dismiss all of this kind of talk out of hand and have no use for it.

I do not go into fantasy land and attempt to un-piece the tightly woven webs of Satan.

A. Ever number in Revelation is symbolic.

Start there.

B. Revelation was "sent and signified", which means if someone wants to start by saying, "let's take it literally, unless we need to...."

Wait.

God Said it was signified.

SYMBOLISM RULES the Interpretations in use of The Apocalylic Genre.

C. Allow yourself to get some understanding of Literature and the Literal fact that 'Figures of Speech' are more expressive and pregnant with TRUTH than letterism ( which is mistaken for 'Literal' speech when 'Literal Speech' is ALL FORMS of LITERATURE.)

If A., B., & C., above are not your thing, then dream on.

If you consider them, then consider that reading Revelation straight through, as if one chapter follows another, is bogus.

There are SEVEN VISIONS.

Guess what?

No, never mind.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what?

13. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible backs it up.

Novices. (specifically, on The End Times. It is a given; basically, the primary 'teaching' of any 'mil' talk is, "I don't know what the Bible Teaches". It has to be that way and is, because they don't have some second or third process that God Gave, in order to make His Prophecies fit EVERYWHERE, like a hand in a glove, WHERE YOU KNOW YOU ARE BEING BLESSED AND TAUGHT OF GOD).

Not that outrageous a concept.

Being a Bible Believer is the only key.

God Said, "Lesson to Him", meaning Jesus, and we can do that and get somewhere.

That thought is from Dean Davis, who gives 'Listening to Jesus' as a key, but who, in the service of Book Writing, is keen to be very tender and gentile with brothers and sisters who 'believe in God and The Inspiration of The Bible', since they are few.

His treatment of The End Times, nevertheless, SLAYS any of those making up a so-called, 'End Time Debate'.

His recent book is an instant classic.

The High King of Heaven

Masterful.

My approach and attitude to the fake debate and, "Hey, man, there are FOUR WAYS TO INTERPRET THE BOOK of REVELATION" is adapted from William Hendriksen.

He skips it all.

His Classic, MORE THAN CONQUERORS is much shorter that way.

He Teaches God Glorifying Truths, as you see me believing John Gill did, so wonderfully, and LET'S IT FLY!!! PRAISE JESUS.

#33 Alan Gross, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  14. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one will get it right, because all are decieved. Some just want to stay decieved.

Until the Holy Spirit leads all to the truth, it is just all guess work. Some very elaborate guess work.

For one there are 3 sections to this cosmos. Heaven, earth, and the empty space below the earth. God is going to destroy this present continental arrangement and bring back the pre-Flood earth. It will be one again. God will rebuild the Nations for 1000 years. It will be the fulfillment to both Abraham and David.

Not sure why some just want to turn it all over to Satan, but interpretations abound by the hundreds.

It is all going to happen in less than 3 years, so if no one figures it out correctly in that amount of time, with God on the throne in full sight, and the Lamb once again living and teaching on earth, then they will either pleasantly enjoy the truth, or be forever in discomfort.

Yes, all the Scriptures have all ready been posted many times over in the last two pages of this thread. Just a different interpretation here.

One, this cosmos is a cube and the universe we have been taught is just virtual. No it is not some conspiracy against reality. It is the truth, that will be revealed soon. Cannot be any more crazy than any other post. God is Sovereign and it is God's Will. He created it all, and knows what He did, and is fully in control. Even letting Satan deceive every one in this thread. Otherwise there would only be one interpretation. And some deny free will. That no one can agree is proof that will can change, just by reading God's Word. That they would line up with the Holy Spirit, well God does not change people against their will.

15. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wait? Are you saying that a translation of the koine Greek words, "χιλια ετη" [translit. chilia ete] (Rev. 20:2-7) into Latin, being, "mille anni" (Rev. 20:3,5,7; Latin - Jerome), "mille annis" (Rev. 20:4,6 Latin - Jerome), "annos mille" (Rev. 20:2; Latin - Jerome), and that it is dealing with "The End Times", is a 'novice'?

What about the Italian translation, being, "mille anni" (Rev. 20:2,3,4,5,6,7; Italian - Giovanni Diodati)?

What about the Spanish translation, being, "mil años" (Rev. 20:2,3,4,5,6,7; Spanish - Reina Valera)?

What about the French translation, being "mille ans" (Rev. 20:2,3,4,5,6,7; French - Ostervald)?

What about the Romanian translation, being "o mie de ani" (Rev. 20:2,3,4,5,6,7; Romanian)"?

What about the Portugese translation, being, "mil anos" (Rev. 20:2,3,4,5,6,7; - Portugese)?

The German, is pretty close to the English (like Wycliffe's, "thousynde yeeris"), being, "tausend Jahre" (Rev. 20:2,3,4,5,6,7; German - Luther)?

#35 Alofa Atu, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  16. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are greatly mistaken,

Dan 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Isa 24:22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
    Isa 24:23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Eze_30:3 For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
    2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.​

17. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist

Put, "The" in front of it, make up a bunch of non-Biblical adventures, and throw it in the wastebasket.

18. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    no clock, no calendar, no.

19. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It has "the", in multiple places, in multiple languages (including koine Greek, "τα χιλια ετη" - Rev. 20:3,5,7) & I even cited the Romanian, "o" is "The". Latin doesn't have definite articles. English does.

20. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian