1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Millennium

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Konstantin, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

I do not know of any evidence of a 1,000-year time period, of literal calendar years, called a "Millennium", or anything else, that has any connection with The Bible and I do not believe any evidence exists.

If I were to re-write and edit what is said, here, I would go with:

The reign of peace, lasting a symbolically expressed "one thousand years", as a Time Period, which is SEEMINGLY ENDLESS and yet HAS A DEFINANT END, which will precede the Last Judgment and the future life. This 1,000 years is discriptive of The Church Age, The Day of Grace, "Today, is The Day of Salvation", The year of The Lord, etc. and lasts from Jesus' First Advent, until His Second. The 1,000 year is expressing The Inner-Advent Period.

The concept has assumed especial importance in the Christian Church, where it is termed also “chiliasm,” designating the dominion of Jesus with the glorified and risen saints over the world for a thousand years.
    Now, during The Church Age, Jesus Reigns on High.

Chiliasm or the idea of the millennium is, nevertheless, older than the Christian Church; for the belief in a period of one thousand years at the end of time as a preliminary to the resurrection of the dead was held in Parseeism.
    And, I do not know of any evidence of a 1,000-year time period, of literal calendar years, called a "Millennium", or anything else, that has any connection with The Bible and I do not believe any evidence exists. This concept is expressed in Jewish literature in

2. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Humans talk about a lot of non-existent items. To talk about an existing item, that all think does not exist, is what is hard to understand.

3. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is why it is a thief in the night. No one will see it, till after it happens.

4. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    To say this earth will only be around for 8000 years would be biblical. It is not well received. Do you accept there are 8 billion humans in the world? Do you accept the earth is 4.5 billion years of age? Has it been 1990 years since Christ?

5. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the article is open for editing. It gives the Jewish view.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So be it:

1Co_14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

2Pe_3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:​

You will not be able to say, in the events to come, that I didn't attempt to warn you of what was coming, as what has happened will be repeated upon the grand scale.

7. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    whence comest thou?

8. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    American Samoa. Malo.

9. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How very Roman Catholic theological that is. You do realize that a-millennialism is Roman Catholic in origin? and is counter to scriptures plainest statements?

10. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, it wouldn't be. The cycle of Seven is from Genesis to Revelation. This was demonstrated by the PDF, PowerPoint and other materials.

It is because it is unscriptural, and smacks of the Roman Catholic 'ogdoad' teaching.

No, there aren't. Using several population algorithm's (someone's calculus) we are at under 8 Billion, somewhere around 7.5 - 7.8 depending on the counter and calculation o the individual site. It's not even a real number. Just an imaginary number, based in calculation, with some minor backing by census taking (and we all know how 'accurate' that really is).

No. It's under 6,300 years old, and by scriptural calculation, is circa 6,244 years old. Link was already provided for that study earlier.

Since Jesus died in AD 31, according to prophetic time tables in scripture, and after His resurrection, ascended therefrom, it's been about 1990 years, yes.

11. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 14 of Nisan in 31AD is a Monday. Jesus did not die on a Monday or Tuesday. Why that year?

God started work on a Monday? If God started work on a Sunday that would be 8 days. If God started work on a Monday, then that would only be 5 days. The earth did not just sit for 1000 years on the Sabbath doing nothing. If it did anything on Saturday then Saturday should be the first day of the week. Sorry too many links in the world, so I do not bother with them. Get too sidetracked as it is. 7 is the number of perfection and 8 is new beginnings. Why do you think it is wrong that God gave this earth 1000 perfect years? What benifit would Satan have with us knowing that God did something?

12. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are using the wrong calendar, thus get a wrong day.