1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Must all true fandamentalisls be Non-Calvinistic? Yes

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Van, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

As long as you worship Calvin and higher education, I doubt you will ever see the truth!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you guys were to come to New Jersey you would see 2 out of 3 people are agnostics or non believers so any dialog about God is either ignored or worse....shunned & scorned. Keep it up & discourage Christianity by your negative attacking commentary about ones faith practices or another. Give an excuse to people to hate one another because of the Church they go to & call them all sorts of names I guarantee they will completely cease to become Christian & to raise future generations as Christians.

Now if you dont believe me, just take a tour throughout NY, Long Island & New Jersey.:wavey:

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

They were predestined to be that way, so why let it bother you? God is glorified right? He has not chosen them. If He has though, they will come to the truth and be saved regardless of the mistakes of others testimonies. Right?

:rolleyes:

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I would suspect, since this is the case, some people would worry more about reaching these lost people rather than arguing points of theology.

I applaud your concern; I wish other Calvinists, like the one I responded to felt the same way you do.

I have read where some Calvinists don't actually see the need to reach out to the lost, since God will do it all independent of our actions.

If I were a Calvinists I would have great difficulty reaching out to the lost with verses such as John 3:16. How could I tell them they could come to Christ, since I don't know if they are part of the Elect or not.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....just like you were predestined to loose your business :laugh:

Seriously...... What Luke & Preach says must be true & its displayed by your complete misunderstanding of predestination.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you referring to Calvinists or Hyper Calvinists or are you talking about Primitive Baptists or are you talking about Neo Calvinists.......Ask yourself who believes in the Great Commission.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Thanks for your concern. I'm glad you thinks that's funny. I guess I was predestined for my husband to walk out on me after losing his business and 33 years of marriage.
    Is this your way of showing Christian love?

According to your friend Luke, God preordained EVERYTHING. So I guess that means that God just doesn't love me or He wouldn't have preordained my miserable life. :tear:

8. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Would know that it was NOT His "predestined" Will that your husband walk out on Hhis marriage, as thta would violate the Bible, and He would NOT ever WLL to do anything against His already reveled will on christian marriages!

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry but you know nothing about predestination or you would not talk the way you do. Luke needs to explain to you better Gods plan for your like....apparently he has not or has not discussed it to your level of understanding.....personally I think it should be done privately.

10. JesusFan

The Lord would not be directly causing her husband to leave the marriage, as the Bible states that God hates divorce, especially among the bethren, but He would have predestined the recovery for he in this, and unless her Husband closed the door by remarriage, perhaps coming together again?

#30 JesusFan, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JF.....Im not a Pastor nor am I a Christian Councilor to advise on marital problems. Leave it there brother.

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I think you need to decide which side of the fence you want to be on, the Calvinistic side, or the biblical side. You can't have it both ways.

13. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I highlighted your redundancy.

- Peace

14. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

This statement goes totally against your argument for Calvinisim.

If God predestined these people in new jersey to become Christians, how can we discourage them? or stop the "irresistible grace"?

"I guarantee they will completely cease to become Christian & to raise future generations as Christians."

On one hand you say that people have no choice, and on the other you say they do. Which is it?

John

15. seekingthetruth

Amy you bring up a good question here.

Do Calvinists believe that God loves everyone, even the ones He decided to not save?

John

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No you sure aren't. But you claim to be a Christian and yet have shown not to have love for the brethren, which is a true sign of a Christian. What you said was extremely insulting and hurtful and then you laughed about it. You should be ashamed.

And I will leave it there "brother".

With that, I'm done with this place.

17. JesusFan

Well do!
    Just wanted to let her know that we don't feel "heartless" about what happene to her! or that the Lord "hates her"

18. seekingthetruth

So, a person can "violate the Bible", but he can't resist grace?

John

19. seekingthetruth

Maybe if we used "systematic theology" we could reufute your claim that God hates divorce.

John

20. JesusFan

just read Malachi!