1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Must One Hold To A-Mil To Evedn be a Real Christian then?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Jun 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be a doctrine of some. John in Revelation clearly points out a 1000 year reign of Christ. Now, the wrong doctrine is to spiritualize a few verses in Revelation and then claim they have already happened. The verses in Revelation were not put there by Millenarianism. Unless you claim John is alive now, and has converted to Millenarianism?

2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They didn't understand what they saw. Just as the NT says. They saw a Physical (Pharisee approved) kingdom that Jesus needed to re-interpret for us.

#42 1689Dave, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  3. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 1000 years = Satan's binding. He attacks the Kingdom when the 1000 years end.

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh and by the way... At the resurrection, when Jesus Christ delivers all his children to his Father that he gave him to save, he doesn't reign because according to scripture, his reign is over!... Brother Glen:)

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

This passage of scripture is so exciting because you know what this means as I understand it, God the Father rules alone and Jesus is free to meet everyone he saved... Up close and personal... Can't wait to meet Jesus:Inlove... Brother Glen:)

5. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I understand, he receives a kingdom of his own.

Jesus now sits on David's Throne since his resurrection/ascension Acts 2:29–33. This is the "kingdom" of Revelation 20:2 that Jesus said was "at hand" Matthew 3:2, "within you" Luke 17:21, "not of this world" John 18:36 and "comes without observation" Luke 17:20, being spiritual in nature.

And one must be born again to see it John 3:3. It is the kingdom many still look for physically in Premillennialism and Dispensationalism even though it has been here unnoticed and in heaven since Pentecost 33 AD. Where Jesus remains on David's Throne/God's Throne 1 Chronicles 29:23 until the resurrection of the dead at the end of the world 1 Corinthians 15:21–26.

““To him who overcomes will I grant to sit with Me on My throne [future], as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne [presently in heaven]. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”” (Revelation 3:21–22)

“And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” (Matthew 19:28)

“Then I saw a great white throne and Him who was seated on it. From His face the earth and the heavens fled away, and no place was found for them.” (Revelation 20:11)

““When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.” (Matthew 25:31)

“The victor: I will give him the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I also won the victory and sat down with My Father on His throne.” Revelation 3:21 (HCSB)

Kingdom of God in time and later in eternity
    Jesus kingdom of his own

6. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well death is not destroyed until the end of the 1000 years. As for being aloof, that is a human ruler. Jesus Christ the Lamb is God.

When the 6th seal is opened, the church gets their glorified body, as full sons of God. There will be constant communication instantly with billions of humans with God. Communication will be about all that is going on. There will be no privacy it would seem.

#46 timtofly, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was no Earthquake at that time though!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus right now is our great High Priest, and will be ruling on His own throne when returned!

9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know Dave just some thoughts I had... No argument here... We will know when we get there... Brother Glen:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    But not as you understand it. It will be a new Heaven and Earth in a spiritual = eternal, kingdom of his own.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a physical Kingdom that will then move into the Eternal state !

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus refutes this. You say he and Daniel were wrong and the Pharisees right! But he also said only the born again can see the kingdom.

13. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 1000 year reign is only the end to current reality. It is not eternal in the sense of never ending. Because 1000 years is a finite event. It is eternal because it will continue in the next reality, but without out sin and death period.

Talking about the next reality is rather useless. We hardly understand this reality. If one can comprehend what it is like to have no sin nature and no death, that would be a start.

14. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, wow. I double dog dare you to prove this statement from the Bible.

Tell you what, I'm dispensational and premillennial, and got there by studying the Bible. I feel complete freedom in the Lord, live in victory (though fail sometimes), have the peace of God daily in my heart.

Your post is over the top, and has nothing to do with Biblical teaching. One receives the fruit of the Spirit and lives for the Lord as a result of the work of the Holy Spirit, not through correct eschatology.

The only passage I can think of that predicates our Christian life on eschatology is in 1 John 3:2-3, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."

So, we live a pure life because we know that the Lord may come at any moment. That means to me the Rapture. What does it mean to you?

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus stated that he will one day rule over the tribes of israel, with his Apostles, in heaven or here on a new earth?

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His last statement about only those born again can see the Kingdom rightly seems to imply we are in deep trouble salvation wise!

17. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he truly loves the Bible, he will answer my challenge.

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are Israel. The Bible won't make sense until you grasp that fact.

19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/raptureanxiety?lang=en

Is Dispensationalism a form of child abuse?

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are the Church! the saved Jews in us are now spiritual Israel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.