1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Little Lesbian Ponies

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rlvaughn, Jun 15, 2019.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems like this stuff is never-ending.

'My Little Pony' introduces first lesbian couple

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, it is all getting to be too much.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These perverts whose agendas are to influence and recruit our children into homosexuality should be reckoned with and their ploys put to an end one way or another!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Acts2.21

Acts2.21 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This stuff is never ending mainly because of the state of the Church today, where the buzz word in the majority is, COMPROMISE! More and more "churches" hardly ever preach the True Gospel as found in the Holy Bible. The Bible, for example commands that every sinner truly repents of their sins, and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and His Gospel, as the only way to get to heaven, and avoid ending up in eternal punishment. Now, there are some who have perverted this simple message, by removing any form of "repentance from personal sins", as a pre-requirement for salvation, and say that all that the hell-bound sinner need do, is simply believe!. Even though God Incarnate, the Lord Jesus Christ, says, "REPENT and BELIEVE" (Mark 1:15).

Instead of churches preaching against the sins of homosexuality, transgender, and other VILE life-styles, they try to accommodate it! So, you have "pastors" like Andy Stanley, who has a few thousand in his church, refer to homosexual couples as the "modern family"!!!. Here in the UK, the co called church of England, instead of denouncing as SIN, those who are "transgender", are now having special church services for them!

The rise of evil and wickedness in this world, is mainly because of a very LUKEWARM church, where sin, the wrath of God, eternal damnation of the lost, etc, etc, and never, or hardly ever preached.

Then we wonder why wickedness is on the rise...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So my perspective on this is pretty different. Children should be aware that gay people exist, since they will for sure encounter them in their lives. They should be aware that they are people, and that they should be treated like people.

As I see it you have two choices--you can cut off My Little Pony. Or you can use it as a springboard to talk to your children about gay people, what the Bible says, and how we're supposed to treat them.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

6. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt this is as simple as teaching children that homosexual couples exist. I suspect it is about trying to teach them to think a certain way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    That they're human just like anyone else?

8. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That the practice is not sinful.

9. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, I'm sure that's part of it. But what I'm getting at is it can become a teaching moment, and doesn't have to mean the show is now unwatchable. I grew up in a creationist family, but my parents didn't prevent me from watching programs that promoted evolution. They simply taught me about creationism in counter.

10. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure that many parents are actually even aware of what their kids are watching. If not, the teaching moment is one-sided -- from the My Little Pony side. Of course, the fault here is also on the uninformed parents.