1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured My testimony glorifies the Lord God Almighty!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Biblicist and Evangelist-7, they are two people steeped in falseness, and debating each other. Now that is a pathetic mess and waste of time.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The preceding verses which you convientily ommitted is a discussion about the gift of tongues by the Jews who thought it was a product of intoxication. Peter was giving an explanation of what they both did "SEE and HEAR" (v. 33).

They did not see the baptism in the Spirit as it happened in an upper room (Acts 2:1). What they saw and heard was the apostles speaking in tongues after they left the upper room and went abroad among the people.

Peter stops quoting Joel in the middle of Joel 2:32 which reads:

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Pentecost was a secondary partial fulfillment but the fullfillment of these things take place at the Second Coming of Christ when Israel receives the Messiah (Rev. 1:7; Rom. 11:25-32).

The full application of Joel 2:28-32 occurs at the Second Coming of Christ when all Israel looks upon their Messiah and are saved and then they enter into the millennium with this manifested power.

Peter was speaking to Israel as a nation and the promise given her when she accepts her Messiah. When Israel receives Christ the promised blessings will be brought upon "all flesh" during the Millennium. That is the fulfillment of this prophecy.

What happened on the Day of Pentecost was a preview and partial fulfillment seen in the power manifested upon the apostoles and in addition upon those upon whom the apostles laid their hands.

The point is that Joel's prophecy was not fully realized during the apostolic age as the Holy Spirit was not poured out upon "ALL flesh." That is yet to come. However, it was the explanation for the apostolic period of miracles signs and wonders.

The Apostles were "signs" unto Israel (Isa 8:18 and heb. 2:3-4; 12-13).
    -----
    Rom. 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Again, they neither saw or heard the Baptism in the Spirit as it occurred in an upper room (Acts 2;1). What they saw and heard was the apostolic witness in tongues among the people.
    -----
    When they heard "this" refers to what they did in rejecting and crucifying Jesus Christ. The call to repentance was in direct response to their rejection and crucifixion of Jesus Christ. As many as repented, were then to be baptized. Remission of sin is the consequence of repentance and the cause to be baptized.

The "gift" of the Holy Spirit refers to what they did "see and hear" which was the "gift" of tongues. The "promise" includes not merely the baptism of the new house of God, but the public authenticating of it by miraculous power being manifested to and through the apostolic office which was communicated through the laying on of their hands.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No it does not. The first coming of Christ ushered in "the last days" (Heb. 1:1) in God's time table. Many of the early Christians believed that God operates on a 7 day week in regard to this present creation. Each day representing a thousand years (2 Pet. 3:8). Jesus came in the fourth thousand year day of this week of seven thousand year days which would be the beginning of the "last days" of that kind of week. Two thousand years have since passed. In God's time table it has only been a couple of days since Christ came and thus the "promise of his return" in terms as "shortly" is true within that perspective of time. However, the Apostles predicted that at the "end of the age" there would be another "last days" right before the coming of Christ which would be full of world wide turmoil around a certain evil personage. In addition there would come after "those days" the "last day" when Christ would return and usher in a new kingdom on earth that would conclude with a firey judgement.

Acts 2 and the partial quote from Joel speak of the "last days" when Christ came and the apostolic period but the complete fulfilment of Joel does not come to pass unto the "last day" when Christ returns.

In the apostolic age and at the end of the age with the coming of Christ are the times of great salvation. However, everything in between is the increasing of apostasy where in the charismatic movement fits.

They neither heard or saw the baptism in the Spirit as it occurred in the upper room (Acts 2:1). What they saw were the apostles speaking and what they heard was the gift of tongues.

False! They were asking what they could do in response to their guilt in rejecting and crucifying Jesus Christ whom God had made both Savior and Lord (v. 36).

False again! They neither heard or saw the baptism in the Spirit. What they saw were the apostles speaking and what they heard was tongues or known languages. It is this sign gift of the Holy Spirit which was promised to them (also by Isaiah - Isa. 28) as it confirmed Jesus as the Messiah of Israel.

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

1 Cor. 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
    30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

The questions by the Apostle demands "no" for each one, as it is obvious that not all Christians are Apostles.

However, the Greek text actually includes the word for "no" in each phrase.

The Charismatic position on the baptism in the Spirit is that it is essential for progressive sanctification and even some demand it is essential for salvation.

All Charismatic theologions agree that speaking in tongues is the necessary manifestation of the baptism with the Spirit.

However, Paul denies that tongues are for all Christians. Hence, tongues cannot be necessary to be a Christian. Hence, tongues cannot be necessary for progressive sanctification as all Christians are to "walk in the Spirit" and progressively be sanctified by the Spirit and yet tongues are not for all Christians.

This little Biblical fact exposes the charismatic interpretation of the baptism with the Spirit to be contrary to the Scriptures.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are an ignorant man who needs to be quiet and listen and learn the truth because you certainly do not understand what you talk about.

Have you heard the sound of a mighty rusing wind and been immersed in the Holy Spirit and had cloven tongues of fire appear over your head? If not, then you have not been baptized in the Spirit?

These characteristics that set it apart from all other works by the Holy Spirit is precisely why the ONLY nearest reference point that Peter could identify what happened in the house of Corneilus was "AT the beginning" not "SINCE the beginning" as you teach.

#85 The Biblicist, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
  6. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

The last I heard, there are 11,400 members here ... and all but 2 are silent re: my post #78.

The Scriptures are clear to those with an open mind and open heart.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ...
    It appears that my request (as per the following) has been ignored ...

EXPLAIN about those MANY MILLIONS around the world who have received this baptism,
    with the confirmation of speaking in tongues, the receiving of powerful spiritual gifts, etc.
    ... and the resulting fruit of MANY people being saved ...
    due to the gospel being preached, accompanied by (and confirmed by) God's signs and wonders (just like in NT times).

Note:
    This is what Paul was talking about when he said, "I have preached the full gospel of Christ".
    It's no wonder that this has always been God's preferred method of spreading the gospel.

#86 evangelist-7, Jun 10, 2012
  7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You copy and pasted Scripture. Good for you. I know Muslims that do that. What makes you any better than them? Maybe you are one. I don't know. I haven't heard a testimony of salvation from you yet. I don't know if you are born again. I don't know if you even know what it means to be born again. A child can copy and paste Scripture. My grandson is 8, and has been familiar with the computer since the age of 3. He has been doing those same things that you have been doing since he was a toddler.

8. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Sorry, but your members will not be very impressed with the above.

It's too bad that you have told us that we should waste a lot of our time
    copying word for word out of our Bibles instead of copying from our favorite website.
    This truly is genius at work here.

And I obviously don't care if you have the revelation that I am born-again.
    I'm not here to prove that I'm born again. That's kindergarden stuff.

9. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

The Holy Spirit has baptized us into one body (the church). Praise God!
    But, Jesus baptizes some Christians with the Holy Spirit. Praise God!
    Two different things entirely.

I have 7 verses saying the Holy Spirit is INSIDE born-again believers.
    I have 7 verses saying the Holy Spirit comes UPON believers when they are receiving the HS baptism.
    But, most Christians believe all 14 verses refer to salvation! ... Naughty, naughty!

7 verses omit the INSIDE placement.
    7 verses omit the UPON placement.

IMO, the precious and mighty Holy Spirit does NOT need to come UPON people before venturing INSIDE of them.

Or, perhaps I misjudge Him ... perhaps He's a tad shy, and prefers to go in slooooooowly.

I asketh thou, does this make any sense to you?

P.S. Does anyone need verses for all of this?
    P.S. Does anyone understand what I'm talking about?

#89 evangelist-7, Jun 10, 2012
  10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

It is not two different things entirely. Jesus and the Holy Spirit is the same. The Lord is the Spirit, see 2 Corinthians 3:17 and 18.

The Holy Spirit being inside born-again believers IS God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son living inside born-again believer, see John 14:23.

The Holy Spirit coming upon someone is the same as receiving the Holy Spirit, see Acts 10:44 and Acts 10:47.

Oh, now you care about explaining kindly.

#90 Moriah, Jun 10, 2012
  11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What, do members here have to go through the DHK test first, so you can tell us if Jesus saved us or not?
    I do not consider you a dependable critic.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Satan would like others to believe that.
    God testified to the gospel with various gifts of the Holy Spirit.
    It was a sign to the Jews and evidence to them that Gentiles were included in salvation.
    What are you trying to say?

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

There are over 1.2 billion Catholics in this world. Explain why 1.2 billion Catholics are wrong and Pentecostals are right?

Have you not read Christ contrast the "many" compared to the "few" in Matthew 7;13-14??? Seems that you are on an advertising campaign on the part of the "many" rather than the "few."

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I am not "trying" to say anything. I said it clear as it is can be said. Go back to Sunday school and learn some basics and then come back.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I noticed that about you.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You take no joy about in telling others of your salvation. Are you that depressed and live in that much darkness that it pains you to tell others of Christ and how he has worked in you. In most professing Christians that is a sign of unbelief. Only one who has nothing to "profess" is reluctant "to profess," for he has "professed" nothing.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

As I said, I do not consider you a reliable critic.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So my conclusion was right. You don't like giving your salvation testimony.
    You need to read 1John chapter 2.

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You make up things and say I say them. That is bearing false witness. It is also slander.

20. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The OP is about a persons "TESTIMONY" that would glorify God but it seems that the author of this OP as well as some others (Moriah) have no salvation testimony to share because when asked they avoid the question.

Tell me, do you think you are obeying Peter's command when he said:

1 Pet. 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Several men have asked for the salvation testimony of these two men and yet they certainly are disobeying Peter's command.