1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Timeline for Planet Earth

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by rockytopva, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Couldn't you make Christ's coming 2020 so it won't take so long for everyone to see you just make up nonsense?

• Like Like x 1
  2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir, as I explained, GOD can assume ANY form He chooses at any time He chooses, physical or ethereal. God can do ANYTHING ! There's NOTHING He can't do, altho He chooses to not do some things.

3. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can do anything but He doesn't intervene every day. If He did, the 20k children who starved to death today wouldn't have died. When God intervenes, it's a Miracle. The most simple explanation is that Jesus AND John the Baptist saw the Holy Spirit in the form of a Dove. Since the Holy Spirit is invisible, His appearance as a Dove is a Miracle. Amen?

• Like Like x 1
  4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit can become visible or invisible as He chooses. And we don't know who else saw Him in form of a dove that day, or heard Yahweh's voice from heaven.

5. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, which means that we would have to "add to" what is actually written. There is NO yahweh, but only YHWH, which is the name of Jesus in Genesis. In order to say "yahweh" one MUST add to what is written. When Jesus returns He has a name written which NO man knew. YHWH

Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He Himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yahweh has the vowels added to make it pronounceable in English & many other modern languages. And it's the name of GOD THE FATHER, not Jesus.

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this stupid thread still going?

• Like Like x 1
  9. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    False, since the Father and the Son are the same God. The Father, Son and Holy Ghost are the invisible Trinity Spiritually. (Elohim-The Plural name for the Trinity) I picture them as Love. These SPIRITS exist physically in Their fulness in YHWH, Col 2:9 Who emptied Himself of His Image as God and came to the present Earth and lived a sinless life, as the man, Jesus Christ. Phl 2:5-11

YHWH is a Singular Name (Greek-Jesus) and Elohim (Herbrew-God) is a Plural name. Your view is refuted, Scripturally, in Greek and in Hebrew. Try again?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BenWest

BenWest Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you wish it would go away and quit exposing our fearless leader as nothing but a coward and a crook? He's so afraid of looking stupid, he looks stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Better images....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The 2060 date is a date picked by Isaac Newton...

And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

13. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I got to go along with Liberty University's outlook on the matter that Christs return is imminent, something that can happen anytime now.

Dr. Ed Hindson, Distinguished Professor of Religion and Dean of the Institute for Biblical Studies at Liberty University, delivered a message, “Can We Still Believe in the Rapture?,” was on the Second Coming of Christ, a doctrinal distinctive at Liberty that says it will happen before the time of tribulation on Earth.

But no one knows the exact time, even though there is an array of literature and media that speculates, Hindson said.

“I’ve been in the ministry for 40 years. I’ve heard it all,” he said, giving examples through the decades when people had predicted the time of the Jesus’ return. “Jesus Himself said, ‘Nobody knows the time of my coming.’ … The point is that nobody knows the time, so don’t waste your time trying to guess the time, be ready all the time because Jesus can come anytime.” - Dr. Ed Hindson

Well-known Bible scholar delivers convocation message | Liberty University

14. Shoostie

Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    People can and do believe whatever nonsense they want to believe.

In other words, he's been in the ministry for 40 years, watching a parade of pretribbers through the decades make fools of themselves with false predictions.

Jesus said no one knows the day or the hour. That doesn't rule out a year or generation. Pretribbers try to dismiss their failed predictions by saying Jesus said no one knows the time.

15. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

We will get the rapture thing right one day, in a day and an hour we think not. And the Lord Jesus Christ councils...

But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24:43-44 - Luke 12:39-40

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, there's but one Yahweh, & He's God The Father. Jesus is His Son, as He plainly said from heaven at Jesus' baptism.

When Jesus made several pre-carnate appearances to men, they saw His face, but when Yahweh spoke with Moses on Sinai, He wouldn't let Mo see His face, as He said no man could see His face & live.

17. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Isaac Newton predicted Christ's coming in 2060. I will maintain that he was the closest. Even so, I cannot imagine Christ putting things off any longer than that.

18. 2Pillars

2Pillars Member
    Site Supporter

CORRECTION:

[Jhn 1:18 KJV] 18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

[Isa 43:10 KJV] 10 Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD (YHWH), and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

To become a witness is to experience or see the main subject physically with his own eyes. YHWH - "Yahweh" - the Son, is the ONLY God PHYSICALLY FORMED for us to see or witness as stated in the above passages. Before him, there was none; neither, there shall be after him.

Luk 3:22 And the Holy Ghost (not the Father) descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

God Bless

#38 2Pillars, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  19. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly, I cannot unthink and unread this thread.

I have actually gotten caught up in it

Its much better than some movies that I have seen.

Im thinking that the only person that could truly follow it and understand it is Goober Pyle

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's exactly what I said !

Many people saw JESUS' face, & a reasonable number have seen the HOLY SPIRIT in various forms, but no human has seen the face of God The Father.

I don't use the KJV, but here's Scriptural proof that God The Father can have a body when He chooses.

Gen. 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Ex. 33:[/color=red]20 But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” 21 And the Lord said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. 22 So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. 23 Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.”[/color]

Any of the Holy Trinity can assume any form any of them chooses at any time.